V6 FE drop out to base edition?

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Good shout. Only thing that worries me is by time it comes out it will be 100k + and my disposable income hasn't increased at same rate...

To keep my post somewhat realistic I left out the other part of my "dream." The fact that I will have more money by then! :D

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I did two lines of Euro millions for first time tonight. Emira Gt4s to all forum members if I win 🏆
that's a gesture!!!

Sorry to disappoint you: 300k Euros Emira GT4 x 1.000 members = 300.000.000 Euros

Guess you will unfortunately short of 200+ Million Euros.

nice try though 🥂

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
that's a gesture!!!

Sorry to disappoint you: 300k Euros Emira GT4 x 1.000 members = 300.000.000 Euros

Guess you will unfortunately short of 200+ Million Euros.

nice try though 🥂
Damn thought it be 150k euros and 100 members 😕 🤣
Thought that counts...

Duncx

Reaction score
In answer to the original question....
I was an early depositor, put my money down before the car was revealed at Hethel and it's been a bit of a journey since then.
Originally it was going to be a FE V6 manual, delivery promised in June 22.
Then I changed to an FE i4, delivery expected some time towards the end of 22.
Now I've changed again to a BE i4, delivery expected in "Spring 23".

All the way through the process Lotus CC has been superb, patient and helpful, and my 'priority status' has been preserved - Lotus have confirmed by email that my early deposit still counts and keeps me high up the list (y)

If they offer an Ardent Red as a no cost option on the Base Edition (flat Red and yellow were always no cost options on the Elise/Exige/Evora) then I will be ordering a genuine poverty spec car with nothing added. If they can keep it at £60K +OTR costs then I will be highly delighted.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think Lotus have played a marketing blinder by making the base FE 5k more than the base I4, yet on the FE it’s only 4K.
There might be some reversal from base to FE models now.
Not sure if I’m doing it wrong but in the US the V6 FE auto is $10k more than the i4 FE on the configurator.

r1lee

Reaction score
my biggest thing is, what is standard on the base vehicle vs FE. If most of the options that I decide to pick are just standard, then that would mean I would be overpaying for a FE.

Ex. Touring setup with Goodyears (this is standard), so by not picking the Sport, would basically lose out on the "no cost upgrade"

Skymira

Reaction score
Everyone's reasons and justifications for their choice will vary, so, here's mine for what it's worth (basically nothing LoL). I'm interested in joining the Lotus "family" as soon as possible. While I've been aware of Lotus cars for many years, this is the first time they've really grabbed my interest. So, here's my "plan" if you will. I was fortunate enough to get in quick enough to get a FEV6. That's my choice now. I know the V6 is a dinosaur of an engine (pun intended). It will likely be discontinued in 3-4 years due to increasingly more stringent emission regulations. Lotus will then gradually upgrade the horsepower for the I4 into the 416hp + range, which the engine is already making in AMG models now! So I'll take really good care of my V6 manual, enjoy it for probably 5-7 years, stay in good graces with my dealership, and when the neck snapper full power I4 edition is announced, I'll trade "up".