V6 FE drop out to base edition?

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Leonard I'm aware of what else but painted calipers and some alcatara don't interest me much. And I won't be adding the expensive tires either. For me personally the FE is not a bargain

Reactions: AGP

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Leonard I'm aware of what else but painted calipers and some alcatara don't interest me much. And I won't be adding the expensive tires either. For me personally the FE is not a bargain
2 piece floating rotors, limited slip diff and increased redline maybe....? At this stage just don't know do we.

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Leonard all v6 manual come with LSD. And while the rotors might be cool I doubt I will notice the difference with the car being 400hp. Also Evora had floating rotors so I doubt that they won't be 2 piece, just not their new style rotors you see on Porsche currently. Also increased redline is a hilarious thought, no offense. Expect exactly what's in the Evora Gt

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Leonard all v6 manual come with LSD. And while the rotors might be cool I doubt I will notice the difference with the car being 400hp. Also Evora had floating rotors so I doubt that they won't be 2 piece, just not their new style rotors you see on Porsche currently. Also increased redline is a hilarious thought, no offense. Expect exactly what's in the Evora Gt
They come with the heavier one piece cast discs as std. Hey up to you, just saying $20k of extras for $10k (as it seems at present) is a great deal. Especially if the base price and options increase with inflation

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Leonard maybe prices will go up maybe they won't. Maybe the car bubble will pop and Lotus will be giving out $6000 discounts like candy as they were this time last year. No one knows those answers so if you think it's a deal then get the FE, If not then wait. No sense debating the what's ifs

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Leonard maybe prices will go up maybe they won't. Maybe the car bubble will pop and Lotus will be giving out $6000 discounts like candy as they were this time last year. No one knows those answers so if you think it's a deal then get the FE, If not then wait. No sense debating the what's ifs
I think it's fair to say material and manufacturing costs will not go down and inflation WILL go up. Will there be a massive global recession? Maybe. But if that happens Emira options are the least of everyone's worries. Anyway we all make our own decisions based on individual circumstance. So enjoy whatever you choose

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Leonard manufacturing processes by nature are deflationary. My point more so is that over 85% of the world's most used currency was printed in the last 22 months. No one knows where these markets are going. I could extrapolate 100 reasons why the prices could go either way. Don't forget Lotus has made profit *once* in its many decades of buisness

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Leonard manufacturing processes by nature are deflationary. My point more so is that over 85% of the world's most used currency was printed in the last 22 months. No one knows where these markets are going. I could extrapolate 100 reasons why the prices could go either way. Don't forget Lotus has made profit *once* in its many decades of buisness
You can't even compare this launch to Lotus of old. Just see what Geely did with drab old Volvo. I'm not arguing with you, you do want you want. Just saying $93k for a loaded Emira may look like a bargain in comparison to a base car in 2 years time with a couple of options. And you have had pleasure of driving it for two years. But we don't know the options pricing and base spec in USA so all moot

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Leonard people have literally said "this isn't the old lotus" for decades. The original Elise had the same or bigger reception and they were bankrupt and bought out not long after. You should look into the history of Lotus. Anyway I think I made my point lol

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Leonard people have literally said "this isn't the old lotus" for decades. The original Elise had the same or bigger reception and they were bankrupt and bought out not long after. Anyway I think I made my point lol
There is literally no comparison between then and now. If that is how you are feeling, what are you doing here????🤯
Screenshot_20220318-183632_Google.jpg

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Leonard Thats Chinese Yuan not USD dollars and they have been owned by billion dollar companies for again, decades. Geely is worth 3x less than GM who has also bought and sold Lotus. but I digress and just because we have differing takes there's no need for those responses. Take care.

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Leonard just because we have differing opinions there's no need for that. Take care.
No as I said multiple times before, I'm not having a go. Genuinely if that's how you feel why would you be considering a Lotus!? I wouldn't if it didn't have the backing of Geely and the change of direction it has and even then its a push for me!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
One of the reasons I am OK with involuntarily dropping from FE to BASE camp is because I have a dream/desire/hope that before I enter into non-refundable BASE deposit territory that there will be rumors about maybe an enhanced Emira version. Therefore I am calling my dealer and putting down a shadow deposit on any Emira variant. Not the GT4 though! Next time I will be first in line when the store opens.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
One of the reasons I am OK with involuntarily dropping from FE to BASE camp is because I have a dream/desire/hope that before I enter into non-refundable BASE deposit territory that there will be rumors about maybe an enhanced Emira version. Therefore I am calling my dealer and putting down a shadow deposit on any Emira variant. Not the GT4 though! Next time I will be first in line when the store opens.
Good shout. Only thing that worries me is by time it comes out it will be 100k + and my disposable income hasn't increased at same rate...

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Good shout. Only thing that worries me is by time it comes out it will be 100k + and my disposable income hasn't increased at same rate...
I think Lotus have played a marketing blinder by making the base V6 5k more than the base I4 yet on the FE it’s only 4K.
There might be some reversal from base to FE models now.

Last edited:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think Lotus have played a marketing blinder by making the base FE 5k more than the base I4, yet on the FE it’s only 4K.
There might be some reversal from base to FE models now.
*Pricing Blunder

Lotus has already:
1. Failed at marketing communication. Fail. Fail. Fail.

2. Succeeded at marketing if you just zero in on the anticipated demand vs actual demand. Nutso how many people want these cars. Just amazing!

3. Priced things confusingly based on so many variables it’s incredible.