• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

3rd Cat Delete

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've heard recently that details for a Lotus advanced performance exhaust (by akropovic) is due to be announced at the end of April đź‘€
@Joel fingers crossed your source is correct. Tempted to get one if it’s a bit louder, lighter and gives a small power boost

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just talking to my exhaust mod guy, obviously he's never done one, I'm right in saying there no opf/gpf ?

jcyl

Reaction score
Correct, just a third catalytic converter, it also has no o2 sensor.
how bout the main sets of cats. Any O2 sensors in them?

Thinking if changing manifolds will trigger warning lights.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
how bout the main sets of cats. Any O2 sensors in them?

Thinking if changing manifolds will trigger warning lights.

Yes the cats integrated with each of the exhaust manifolds has an o2 sensor in each.

A lot of the street full header back exhausts for this system will remove the two cats and replace the third cat with a low cell count cat and plug both o2 sensors into the third cat with extension cables.

The race exhausts will delete all the cats and a check engine light will be present.

Street “axle back” exhausts will just remove the third cat and they’ll likely be just fine. Most exhaust systems will fall in this category.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not for road use. As we say in Scotland, aye right :)

20230627_093237[1].jpg

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m thinking of getting this for my Emira. Would you recommend it? How’s yours sounding now?
How does it sound? Hilarious :D Raw, rorty, much louder in Sport, especially at high revs when the exhaust howl now drowns out the supercharger whine. Recommended if you would like the car to have a more raw, visceral edge, with the caveat that it might be a bit much if it is a daily driver.

Nymare

Reaction score
Absolutely!
As soon as we can order some spare wheels we will offer our customized wheel service for the Emiras well.
Lots of plans, just need our car!
Hello GRP,

However unlikely, it appears that I am in the same neck of the woods as you ! Reno, NV (Galena Forest area).

Any link to your business website and what services are offered?

My Emira order with Boardwalk is going through quicker then expected, so curious of the above.

Local Emira networking would also be great.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Any link to your business website and what services are offered?

AndyVX

Reaction score
I contacted lotus customer service again about an official exhaust upgrade but nothing in the pipeline apparently

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I contacted lotus customer service again about an official exhaust upgrade but nothing in the pipeline apparently

CS is outsourced and knows nothing except what's on their scripted response sheets. An OEM sports/titanium exhaust will be available at some point.