- Thread starter
- #21
JCT600Useful video.
Who was the dealer?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
JCT600Useful video.
Who was the dealer?
All sorted now, see the video. There was no neutral and it would only go into 3/4/5/6, the collar would go up but not go into reverse. The adjustment screw in the video does 1st, 2nd and reverse, the rest are by adjustment cables.Quick sanity check, is your reverse lockout collar stuck in the up position or does it go up and down freely? And are you stuck not being able to go into any of those 3 gears or just one of them?
I think they were hoping Lotus would say 'out of warranty, sorry' and would then be able to charge full whack. If you don't know, or aren't prepared to have a go yourself, then you're looking at £500+ to sort it out.Good video, crazy a simple fix and yet the dealer make a big deal out of it.
Quick sanity check, is your reverse lockout collar stuck in the up position or does it go up and down freely? And are you stuck not being able to go into any of those 3 gears or just one of them?
Mine is starting to do this as well. I'll put it in reverse and then as I go into first, the collar is stuck in the up position and it goes right back into reverse. Have you been able to sort this out?
Grab some hex keys and undo the set screw in the front of the shift knob, then unthread the shift knob.
You'll find an o-ring and a spring. Your o-ring is likely jammed in there, remove it and reseat it into the recess in the shift knob and reinstall.
The O-ring just dampens the metal to metal contact of the reverse lock out collar to the shift knob countersunk recess when you engage reverse by pulling up. I don't think there's any other purpose at all.Thanks man. I saw another thread you posted in with this exact info and I did it earlier today. Works great now. If it starts to jam up again, I’m going to just remove the o ring completely. What is the o-ring’s purpose?