• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Who has Milltek's Active Controller Installed?

You sure about this? When I changed from sport to track the sound gets louder as the revs idles are higher…
Correct, that´s why I said Sport to Track at idle, almost no difference, meaning the valve position is the same at idle Sport and Track, I believe. The difference comes only because of little higher revs at idle in Track.
Don´t know if I am explaining myself correctly though

Installed mine last night and it's also programmed "incorrectly", although I'm starting to think this is actually the correct way and the early batches were wrong. The third button is smaller and offset which would logically mean it would be for the seldom (if ever) used closed valve function and the 2 main buttons would alternate between full open and stock, which is how mine functions. I setup those 2 options on my homelink and it almost feels OEM.

Hello 👋 do I need to install milltek controller in order to have decat installed? Or can I just install the decat itself? And if so, why is everyone installing the controllers along with the decat pipe?

3rd gear pull to 6k under an overpass last night. The reverb feels more intense in real life due to the low frequencies you can feel. Good fun.

Apologies for the vertical video syndrome, byproduct of instagram I suppose.

Hello 👋 do I need to install milltek controller in order to have decat installed? Or can I just install the decat itself? And if so, why is everyone installing the controllers along with the decat pipe?

Someone else correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that the Milltek controller gives you the option of opening up the valve 100% even at idle… and If you do not install the valve and only the cat delete your OEM valve will only open up fully when in the upper rev range. So you will not get the same sound in the lower RPMs unless you have the Milltek controller.

Someone else correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that the Milltek controller gives you the option of opening up the valve 100% even at idle… and If you do not install the valve and only the cat delete your OEM valve will only open up fully when in the upper rev range. So you will not get the same sound in the lower RPMs unless you have the Milltek controller.
That is correct. It's great that we get to choose mods according to tastes/needs !

This may be a dumb question and I suspect it actually is, but I'll ask regardless, just to be sure:
With the Milltek controller installed and the OEM button selected, will the exhaust sound level go back to the exact OEM sound level, that is, as if the Milltek controller had not been installed?

This may be a dumb question and I suspect it actually is, but I'll ask regardless, just to be sure:
With the Milltek controller installed and the OEM button selected, will the exhaust sound level go back to the exact OEM sound level, that is, as if the Milltek controller had not been installed?
Folks, maybe my question was even dumber than I initially suspected because I should have checked beforehand. I just read the controller's description on Milltek's website and it clearly states that their OEM option does indeed mean "factory setting" so that clears my doubt. Thanks anyway.

It remembers the previous setting
When mine was first installed it remembered the last position. Recently it starts up on OEM mode when I have left it in open.

Only thing I did recently was connect to homelink. I deleted homelink and it still opens in OEM setting, not in open where I leave it.

Anyone run into this? I have contact Milltek as well waiting to hear back.

Well I got the answer and it’s actually something I had no idea we could do. Really cool, I’ll drop the nugget here for everyone.

This is from Milltek

“The valve remote can be programmed to change the start mode.

If you want the vehicle to start in the last used mode you need to press button #1 5 times within 5 seconds.

If you want the vehicle to start in a specific mode you need to press and hold the relevant button for 10 seconds.

The flaps will open and close 5 times to confirm the start mode programming.”

Wait. So it doesn't default to the last setting for the next start?
Would really be helpful if Milltek or @GRP could provide some instructions with the device. 🧐

Wait. So it doesn't default to the last setting for the next start?
Would really be helpful if Milltek or @GRP could provide some instructions with the device. 🧐
It does, I accidentally changed it when I was trying to program the homelink I believe. Look at my last comment, Milltek gave me the instructions to reset to setting I prefer.

@GRP do you have any of the valve controllers in stock? I’d like to order…
They will be back in stock next week per Milltek.
We bought them out a few weeks back and they are working on getting caught up with us now.
We ship them out 2-day once they arrive here.