White seats - best way to protect them?

Enut

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those that have had Ice Grey inteior for a while, how are they holding up? I am planning on applying GTechniq L1 Leather Guard day 1.
I had Gtechniq Leather Guard applied from day one, 8 months and 3000 miles later and they still look like new. They just need the occasional wipe down, mainly for the odd mud scuff when getting in and out.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I had Gtechniq Leather Guard applied from day one, 8 months and 3000 miles later and they still look like new. They just need the occasional wipe down, mainly for the odd mud scuff when getting in and out.
After the first application did it change the appearance, sheen, or feel of the seats?

Enut

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After the first application did it change the appearance, sheen, or feel of the seats?
No not at all, but just to explain I am assuming that my detailer used the Gtechniq leather guard coating, he is a Gtechniq approved installer and I know he used their Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating for the bodywork, so assume he used their coating for the leather.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I used the gtechniq stuff in my Audi that has ice gray color leather. looks fantastic after a full year. Does not change color and feels a touch slicker like it has a coating on it which it does. Really nothing to worry about. Plan to do on my Emira when I get it.

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This feels unreasonable. I'm a middle aged man... Wtf else am I going to wear if not jeans?! 😄

(White sneakers and sports coat optional)
khaki or sweat pants. Also nice to have zippered pockets.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The power move is an '80s white polyester or linen suit.

1000031588.jpg

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I used the gtechniq stuff in my Audi that has ice gray color leather. looks fantastic after a full year. Does not change color and feels a touch slicker like it has a coating on it which it does. Really nothing to worry about. Plan to do on my Emira when I get it.
Agree. Just used it on a light color leather couch (applied 2 layers) and it made the surface just a tad slicker. The product is clear and dried clear. I liked the end result.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My local detailer is a Gtechniq supplier, but recommended Dr Leather cleaner and stain block. I’ve done about 3000 miles and 7 months since application, most of it wearing jeans and the seats are just beginning to show signs of needing a clean again.
Products are easy to apply and leave the leather feeling “smoother” after application.

I’ve never used any other products like this, but I’d recommend it.