White seats - best way to protect them?

For those that have had Ice Grey inteior for a while, how are they holding up? I am planning on applying GTechniq L1 Leather Guard day 1.
I had Gtechniq Leather Guard applied from day one, 8 months and 3000 miles later and they still look like new. They just need the occasional wipe down, mainly for the odd mud scuff when getting in and out.

I had Gtechniq Leather Guard applied from day one, 8 months and 3000 miles later and they still look like new. They just need the occasional wipe down, mainly for the odd mud scuff when getting in and out.
After the first application did it change the appearance, sheen, or feel of the seats?

After the first application did it change the appearance, sheen, or feel of the seats?
No not at all, but just to explain I am assuming that my detailer used the Gtechniq leather guard coating, he is a Gtechniq approved installer and I know he used their Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating for the bodywork, so assume he used their coating for the leather.

I used the gtechniq stuff in my Audi that has ice gray color leather. looks fantastic after a full year. Does not change color and feels a touch slicker like it has a coating on it which it does. Really nothing to worry about. Plan to do on my Emira when I get it.

This feels unreasonable. I'm a middle aged man... Wtf else am I going to wear if not jeans?! 😄

(White sneakers and sports coat optional)
khaki or sweat pants. Also nice to have zippered pockets.

The power move is an '80s white polyester or linen suit.

1000031588.jpg

I used the gtechniq stuff in my Audi that has ice gray color leather. looks fantastic after a full year. Does not change color and feels a touch slicker like it has a coating on it which it does. Really nothing to worry about. Plan to do on my Emira when I get it.
Agree. Just used it on a light color leather couch (applied 2 layers) and it made the surface just a tad slicker. The product is clear and dried clear. I liked the end result.

My local detailer is a Gtechniq supplier, but recommended Dr Leather cleaner and stain block. I’ve done about 3000 miles and 7 months since application, most of it wearing jeans and the seats are just beginning to show signs of needing a clean again.
Products are easy to apply and leave the leather feeling “smoother” after application.

I’ve never used any other products like this, but I’d recommend it.

Reviving this thread. Hoping to see what fellow Ice Grey owners have used to preserve their seats and how they've been holding out till now.

Per your request for an update, approx 7,000km in, ice grey interior and seats still looking in great condition.

As posted earlier in this thread, I use GTechniq L1 Leather Guard for actual protection, started applying essentially day 1 from dealer.

I re-apply every 2-3 months as directed. Prior to re-applying, I clean the seats with GTechniq Tri-Clean per bottle directions (I use this for general interior cleaning too when I am not reapplying).

So far, its been great. I have had a few of instances of very visible through to lightly visible marks on the seats and also arm rests. On all occasions marks have all been removed. Some examples of it working (whether the product or not I cannot guarantee, though I am just glad i could get it cleaned):

1) One occasion I had to stop in at a random/local tyre shop (in for a quick puncture repair), I politely pointed out the manager who took the key that I had white leather and asked they approached with caution as its hard to keep clean - they said of course. I am sure they did try and were very careful, but I had a big black oily thumb print on my drive door white leather arm rest! Sigh... well, a bit of wet wiping and cleaning with the microfiber + tri-clean, brought it right out & back to normal.

2) I collected my partner from a minor day surgery, where she had an incision on leg /under thigh, they used some yellow disinfectant on the skin, which when she got out I realised had transferred to the white leather as a yellow/orange/brownish circle! The area was covered by a dressing and she had pants on too but it must of just seeped through (I didn't realise at the time she had that stuff on her leg, or I would have laid my trusty bonus Lotus towel out which always travels with me for these circumstances:ROFLMAO:). Anyway, again, a bit of tri-clean and some soft gentle circles with microfiber brought it 100% out immediately and really easily.

Unrelated to dirt or self induced stains, some minor wear already showing on driver side seat where the seatbelt runs or perhaps i brush it when getting in/out. This is a small little nick in the leather, kind of the size of the width of the metal that a paperclip would be made of? Barely visible) and also I have a couple of small roughed up leather spots on the center console, near the cup holders , probably from my keys going in and out of cup holders, which I am trying to be more conscious of.

Probs more info there than you were looking for, but hopefully it gives some insight of the (perceived) benefit of the leather protector. These forums have been very helpful to me over the past year, so maybe it'll help someone one day.

I have Ice Grey and another forum member who does too suggested I try the following:

- GTechniq L1 Leather Guard.​

Easy to apply, assists with wiping off marks. I apply to heavy use areas (seats) every 2 months apparently that helps. Or 6 monthly (i think) otherwise . Buy an applicator with it, and a Microfibre cloth to wipe excess off after application (instructions on bottle).

I purchased a bunch of detailing stuff and just so happened for interior cleaning, I again purchased a GTechniq product - "L2 Tri-Cleaner Antibacterial All Surface". Works with the L1 coating.

I use that L2 product with microfiber to wipe down any marks. 1800km in, seats are looking fresh still. Minor slight scratch on passenger side (she has received her first and final warning :ROFLMAO:)

I have had no issue with my blue jeans or black jeans as of yet.
Welcome to the IG family.
100% this product.

I’ve used it on all my previous vehicles and have zero complaints. It’s also the product that the detailer I use for ppf and ceramic coating recommends.

Per your request for an update, approx 7,000km in, ice grey interior and seats still looking in great condition.
Thanks for the update and great to hear!

but I had a big black oily thumb print on my drive door white leather arm rest!
Oof, this is what I worry about whenever I think of having someone else do work on the car.

they used some yellow disinfectant on the skin, which when she got out I realised had transferred to the white leather as a yellow/orange/brownish circle!
Probably betadine. I have eczema and I basically pick on the scarring on my skin (which is bad, I know) and I often have small bloody wounds on my lower back. The blood can sometimes get on the side bolsters so I have to be conscious of this happening.

Probs more info there than you were looking for, but hopefully it gives some insight of the (perceived) benefit of the leather protector. These forums have been very helpful to me over the past year, so maybe it'll help someone one day.
Very helpful indeed! And you can count me as an additional person you have helped with the information you have shared.

This is my seats after 4 months without re-protecting and a few weeks without any cleaning at all.
A few small marks but not a serious amount of blue, even though I wear jeans 80% of the time. My seats are 4000 miles old.
IMG_7231.jpeg

Driver

IMG_7232.jpeg

Passenger

A quick wipe over with a damp cloth normally sorts it. I'm off on a road trip later this week, so I'm re-protecting after cleaning with "stuff".

The stuff I use (recommended by my local detailer) is Dr. Leather

IMG_7233.jpeg