When Will The Lotus Emira Be Available In The US?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Has anyone seen if the Emira will be available to the US market when it goes into production or will we have to wait for year two?

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to an article I just read..

"Lotus will increase the number of dealerships in the U.S. and Canada to 50 from 43 now to sell the Emira.The small increase to deliver the huge, planned sales boost reflects the fact that the network is already large enough, just not busy enough.

"We have the dealers, but the volumes they are selling are quite low. We have the capacity, so we are taking full advantage," Geoff Dowding, head of sales and aftersales, said.

Emira deliveries to the U.S will start in the middle of the next year, Lotus said, following its rollout in Europe in the spring.

he car will launch with the same Toyota V-6 engine that powers the current Exige and Evora making around 400hp but will be quickly joined by a 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline engine from Mercedes' performance arm AMG that will create an entry model with around 340hp.

No convertible version is planned, giving Lotus more work to compete against rivals, particularly in the US where convertibles are popular.

The Emira will be priced at less than 60,000 pounds ($83,000) in its UK home market, the company said without giving more details.
"

AutoNews

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Good to know! My dealer said that Lotus expects to make 650 cars for Europe and 525 for America the first year.

Skymira

Reaction score
Good to know! My dealer said that Lotus expects to make 650 cars for Europe and 525 for America the first year.
I hope the numbers are higher than that. The new factory is supposedly capable (key word "capable") of making around 5000 a year.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I hope the numbers are higher than that. The new factory is supposedly capable (key word "capable") of making around 5000 a year.
I believe I heard somewhere that they are indeed aiming for 5,000 cars produced in the first year.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I sure hope they can hit that 5,000 production mark because as fast as they are taking deposits they are going to need it!

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if the Emira will be featured at any of the upcoming automotive shows here in the US?

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I put down my deposit today for US delivery. Went through Lotus of North Jersey (Aston Martin dealer in Summit NJ). I was told I was the 33rd reservation for them. $2500 deposit (refundable) until you put in your build order which requires an additional $2500. That $5000 is then non-refundable once order is placed. Was seeing chatter (instagram, etc) that build orders won't open until September - but those were Brits. Might be later here.. dunno.

Get your place in line!!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I put down my deposit today for US delivery. Went through Lotus of North Jersey (Aston Martin dealer in Summit NJ). I was told I was the 33rd reservation for them. $2500 deposit (refundable) until you put in your build order which requires an additional $2500. That $5000 is then non-refundable once order is placed. Was seeing chatter (instagram, etc) that build orders won't open until September - but those were Brits. Might be later here.. dunno.

Get your place in line!!

My deposit is with Lotus of North Jersey as well. I was told I'm #25 and expecting quite a few of those deposit holders to drop off for various reasons.