• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What Will Lotus Show At Goodwood 2023?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks - will look into that. I saw on the website they have a helicopter shuttle, looks like it may be worth the price. Generally what is the best day to go? Opening day on the Thursday or the weekend?
Thursday was added a few years ago as "Manufacturers Day". There are more runs up the hill of new and recent models and less practice/timed runs in the various competitive classes. It is slightly less busy than Friday but getting busier. Saturday and Sunday are very busy, as those are the main practice and competition runs up the hill.

If you want to get up close to lots of cars in the paddocks before it gets busy then get there early when the gates open and hit the paddocks first, then do the manufacturer stands exhibitions, timed runs etc later.

I'm going on Thursday, because it's quieter and I can see more, and on Sunday with a grandstand ticket so I can watch more of the timed runs and all of the finals.

Last year we set up lists of who was going on each day and had a met up at the Lotus stand each day at 11am. It was great to meet several forum members and many of the Lotus engineering and production folks plus a few of the LCC team.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thursday was added a few years ago as "Manufacturers Day". There are more runs up the hill of new and recent models and less practice/timed runs in the various competitive classes. It is slightly less busy than Friday but getting busier. Saturday and Sunday are very busy, as those are the main practice and competition runs up the hill.

If you want to get up close to lots of cars in the paddocks before it gets busy then get there early when the gates open and hit the paddocks first, then do the manufacturer stands exhibitions, timed runs etc later.

I'm going on Thursday, because it's quieter and I can see more, and on Sunday with a grandstand ticket so I can watch more of the timed runs and all of the finals.

Last year we set up lists of who was going on each day and had a met up at the Lotus stand each day at 11am. It was great to meet several forum members and many of the Lotus engineering and production folks plus a few of the LCC team.
Aiming for Friday and spending a few days in London afterwards. Perhaps a day trim and a factory tour of Hethel will be in the cards as well. Thanks Tom.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Reveal of the Type 133 has already been mentioned. Evija, Emira V6, Emira i4, Emira GT4 and Eletre going up the hill.
I love how there's talk of revealing a 4th car and they've hardly built any of the first one yet 🤣

Just keep revealing em boys, no one will notice we're not building em 🤣

They'll definitely be a Panarama show in 10yrs about how lotus used customer deposits for fictional cars to fund the worlds biggest drugs cartel or something

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I love how there's talk of revealing a 3rd car and they've hardly built any of the first one yet 🤣

Just keep revealing em boys, no one will notice we're not building em 🤣

Reminds me of 2010:

2010-paris-lotus-concept-cars.png

I really liked some of these designs back in the days...

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Booked for Friday @ goodwood. First trip to the UK. Should be a good one! Any recommendations for good restaurants in central London let me know.

And if anyone from the forum is attending Friday, let me know.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Booked for Friday @ goodwood. First trip to the UK. Should be a good one! Any recommendations for good restaurants in central London let me know.

There are thousands. London is one of the best dining cities in the world. What is your pleasure? Chop House, French, Italian, Chinese, Thai, North African, Michelin 1, 2 or 3 star, casual pop ups, Tapas, etc etc. Budget?

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I will be there Friday

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There are thousands. London is one of the best dining cities in the world. What is your pleasure? Chop House, French, Italian, Chinese, Thai, North African, Michelin 1, 2 or 3 star, casual pop ups, Tapas, etc etc. Budget?
Yes, I suppose the question was open to many answers.... I'll be departing UK on Monday, So really only two full two days in London.

I suppose an Italian and seafood option. Not so concerned about Michelin Stars, neither price point doesn't really matter, ambiance/trendy and a good culinary experience are things I don't mind paying for, especially on a trip. The problem with so many options when looking online you never really know, prefer a couple suggestions from the locals! - (not to derail thread, anyone with suggestion, just send me a PM)

Anyone open for a 11:00 am meet up @ the Lotus stand on the Friday for any Forum members attending, as per last year (thank for the tip TomE).

Last edited:

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes, I suppose the question was open to many answers.... I'll be departing UK on Monday, So really only two full two days in London.

I suppose an Italian and seafood option. Not so concerned about Michelin Stars, neither price point doesn't really matter, ambiance/trendy and a good culinary experience are things I don't mind paying for, especially on a trip. The problem with so many options when looking online you never really know, prefer a couple suggestions from the locals! - (not to derail thread, anyone with suggestion, just me a PM)

Anyone open for a 11:00 am meet up on the Friday for any Forum members attending, as per last year (thank for the tip TomE).

Where are you staying and I will suggest some nearby and not so nearby. Off the top of my head and a recent experience was an amazing Italian near London Bridge station called Giuseppe's http://www.giuseppesplace.com/. You must book and it is not especially expensive but the most amazing atmosphere. The owner often wanders around the tables with a bottle of Limoncello offering shots.

OP
dgrace

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm honestly curious if Lotus has delivered any Evijas yet. As far as I know they haven't. Didn't they start taking deposits on those back in 2019?

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm honestly curious if Lotus has delivered any Evijas yet. As far as I know they haven't. Didn't they start taking deposits on those back in 2019?
All I know is that 4 years lead time is par for the course for cars in that bracket. For comparison, the Rimac Nevera was 4 years between first unveil and first customer delivery, and the Aston Martin Valkyrie was 6 years.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Goodwood 2023 attendance thread started:

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Today is July 3, 2023, only 10 days away from the yearly Goodwood Festival of Speed located at Goodwood House, West Sussex, England, UK.

My intenent of starting this thread is to have a place for Emira Forum members with any information about which vehicles Lotus intend to bring and to feature at this year’s event.

There has already been hints that the I4 version of Emira may be there. There could also be “a customer car” of Evija, and also a new speciality version. A final possibility is a prototype of a future pure electric sportscar.

I am inviting anyone with valid information to participate.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I realized that a similar thread <<What Will Lotus Show At Goodwood 2023?>> that was started from Apr 27, 2023 already existed. Maybe TomE, or another moderator, can <<fuse>> the two threads, so we can concentrate into a single thread for this purpose? Thank you 🙏 The important thing is to gather any available information and to engage our community. From earlier years, I have experienced that excellent and continuous, real-time, video reporting from Goodwood FOS is available via YouTube, so you can really enjoy this event from anywhere in the world, even if you do not have the opportunity to be physically there.

Moderator note: moved to existing thread. This thread is for pre-event information and discussion. We will start a different thread for news, pictures and information from the event itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus will not be revealing any new models at Goodwood this year, I heard that from MW himself. Doesn't exclude new colours or the i4 which I have no idea about, I didn't ask him.