Welcome our new Emira Forum Moderator - TomE ๐Ÿ› ๏ธ

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Many of you already know @TomE , as he's been an extremely helpful member in the community. I'm excited to announce that he's accepted our invitation to join the mod team here at EmiraForum.com! ๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘
Congratulations @TomE . Well deserved !

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Congratulations Tom well deserved.
Your input over the last year has been great ๐Ÿ‘

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
His posts have been very helpful. A smart appointment.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats, @TomE . You have helped us tremendously throughout this journey. Hope you get your Emira soon!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great choice Admins and well done @TomE, very well deserved! Youโ€™ll be brilliant.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Many of you already know @TomE , as he's been an extremely helpful member in the community. I'm excited to announce that he's accepted our invitation to join the mod team here at EmiraForum.com! ๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘
Wait, is this the Lotus email we've anticipated for days/weeks?
No
Oh, then congratulations..

In honor of this announcement, Where's my car?
But seriously...
Congratulations, and stock up on antacids..

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I heard that admins on this site get to make last minute spec changes to their Emira pre-orders without impacting delivery date, and are sent exact times and dates via special VIP Lotus communication emails, instead of just being told "soon" like the rest of us!
If only....

They don't even get to maintain their place in the queue.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the votes of confidence folks.

I decided to join the Admin team because I wanted to help curate the content we're collectively creating on here and make some of it easier to find for people arriving new to the forum.

During our long wait we've picked up useful information about the car that Lotus haven't officially published, but quite a lot of it is buried in threads that started on other topics. A few threads have also detoured some way off topic.

So I'll be looking at moving some of the more valuable info into pinned or more clearly titled threads, doing some creation and maintenance of threads/first posts to capture important info and gently nudging people who go off topic.

As customer cars (eventually) start getting delivered we will no doubt see a growth in first-hand reviews and more detailed info about features and living with the car. I'll be looking out for ways to help structure that.

Behind the scenes as part of the Admin team I'll be on the look out for spammers, trolls and inappropriate posting, whilst promoting a friendly and inclusive community and maintaining a light touch on "moderation".

If I'm doing an OK job then participate and enjoy the forum. If you're not happy with what I'm doing or not doing then get in touch.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am by no means a car forum expert. But the content on this forum is very balanced. There is not one prevailing attitude or opinion IMO. I want to say this is because the Emira attracts all types of car enthusiasts. Congratulations TomE, I am glad you are involved in what could be one of the last new ICE forums in history.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Thanks for the votes of confidence folks.

I decided to join the Admin team because I wanted to help curate the content we're collectively creating on here and make some of it easier to find for people arriving new to the forum.

During our long wait we've picked up useful information about the car that Lotus haven't officially published, but quite a lot of it is buried in threads that started on other topics. A few threads have also detoured some way off topic.

So I'll be looking at moving some of the more valuable info into pinned or more clearly titled threads, doing some creation and maintenance of threads/first posts to capture important info and gently nudging people who go off topic.

As customer cars (eventually) start getting delivered we will no doubt see a growth in first-hand reviews and more detailed info about features and living with the car. I'll be looking out for ways to help structure that.

Behind the scenes as part of the Admin team I'll be on the look out for spammers, trolls and inappropriate posting, whilst promoting a friendly and inclusive community and maintaining a light touch on "moderation".

If I'm doing an OK job then participate and enjoy the forum. If you're not happy with what I'm doing or not doing then get in touch.
Super well deserved, @TomE you will certainly bring even more value to the forum in this new official role. Iโ€™ve been away from the forum for a while, as honestly, itโ€™s just been too much of an emotional roller coaster. I have been stalking, just not engaging. I remain ever hopeful that one day we might actually start seeing deliveries. Until then Iโ€™ll just be content seeing my configurator build come up on my Aura frame. When deliveries begin, I hope you jump to the front of the line.

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I heard that admins on this site get to make last minute spec changes to their Emira pre-orders without impacting delivery date, and are sent exact times and dates via special VIP Lotus communication emails, instead of just being told "soon" like the rest of us!

I'm still waiting for Lotus to announce a white base edition! ;)

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Congratulations Tom - hopefully you are generously rewarded ๐Ÿซฃ for your diligent hours and hours ๐Ÿ•ฐ on here helping us all ๐Ÿฅธ๐Ÿค“
I always thought this was your forum lol ๐Ÿ˜
This forum is brilliant to enjoy all the great insights and the wealth of information, healthy debates and opinions from the widespread members and characters. Itโ€™s like I donโ€™t read novels or books ๐Ÿ“š there is so much reading on here and I also find the โ€˜banterโ€™ and jokes light relief to the ever frustrating process of trying to become a first time Lotus owner - if I ever cross the line we shall hopefully see SOON ๐Ÿ”œ ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ
Hopefully when car ๐Ÿš— does turn up I will be able to return back to a normal life and wean myself from this daily addiction of โ€œ any new delivery news ๐Ÿ—ž yet โ€ฆโ€ฆ. โ€œ I have literally aged a whole year !!!! on this never ending journey into the Abyss and beyond and alias we have lost many along the way โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..๐Ÿš€

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Congrats @TomE welcome to the team!

Lolub

Reaction score
Super big congratulations to you TomE!! ๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽ‡ Very excited for you!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations Tom - hopefully you are generously rewarded ๐Ÿซฃ for your diligent hours and hours ๐Ÿ•ฐ on here helping us all ๐Ÿฅธ๐Ÿค“
I always thought this was your forum lol ๐Ÿ˜
This forum is brilliant to enjoy all the great insights and the wealth of information, healthy debates and opinions from the widespread members and characters. Itโ€™s like I donโ€™t read novels or books ๐Ÿ“š there is so much reading on here and I also find the โ€˜banterโ€™ and jokes light relief to the ever frustrating process of trying to become a first time Lotus owner - if I ever cross the line we shall hopefully see SOON ๐Ÿ”œ ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ
Hopefully when car ๐Ÿš— does turn up I will be able to return back to a normal life and wean myself from this daily addiction of โ€œ any new delivery news ๐Ÿ—ž yet โ€ฆโ€ฆ. โ€œ I have literally aged a whole year !!!! on this never ending journey into the Abyss and beyond and alias we have lost many along the way โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..๐Ÿš€
Thanks and clearly I've been on here way to much if you thought the forum was mine!

I haven't worked out what the benefits of the new role are - perhaps the warm feeling of many new people joining the Lotus owners community and (eventually) enjoying their cars. It was great to meet several forum members at Goodwood and I look forward to meeting many more at car-related events once we've got our cars.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. This new role obviously coincides with me having a lot more time on my hands, as I won't be driving my Emira from September and will of course just be sitting around with nothing to do now until November ;)
Well done Tom. (y)

Your contribution and the insights you bring to the table are invaluable. Didn't know that your delivery has been pushed back until November. :( Does that mean you are not in the first batch, or just unlucky to miss the cut-off date?

Look forward to meeting you at a meet/drive somewhere, some place...