• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Value of FE

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lotus Customer Care just told me that the FE editions will not have a build plate. Think this is a missed opportunity as previous Lotus models had them and many (if not most) special editions have them.

Also, Customer Care say that they while FE is likely to have a limit on numbers, they have not received any information on that. I think it was going to be time limited (orders by Mar 22?) but would be good to know how many FE will be made under each drivetrain configuration.

So, FE now boils down to the bundle pricing, early cars and protection from future price increases. Not much on exclusivity.
Have to agree. It would only make sense to number each First Edition produced if they were produced in limited numbers or within a very short space of time. Shown below is the plaque found in Exige S RGB #138 (of 141 built in 2010):
#138 of 141 made Worldwide.jpg

Having said that, the fact that the Emira being the last Lotus with a internal combustion engine, and the value-add offered by the extra options should bode well for the First Edition models. Wasn't there talk or rumour that FE's can only be ordered up to the end of March 2022?

Last edited:

SloAlfa

Reaction score
Doesn’t look like supply of FE will be that limited? Time will tell if overall values of Lotus brand will hold-up….. whilst it clearly has a following, it’s not yet in the prestige league of Porsche 911 & others.
Idk if it has ever been 100% verified because there are 400 threads on this. But from everything I have read, FE is a limited edition and everything will transition to a “base” with options after the FE. The way I understand it, ~700ish FE V6 in the US for first editions. Again, not sure if that has changed again, not like lotus has been forthcoming with the info on that. Now, there will also be a FE i4 coming next year, I don’t think that effects the V6 value in my opinion.

Just like everyone on here, owned a ton of cars. My experience has been first and last editions have been the best bets. With last editions probably being the best option but I’m not waiting that long for an Emira. Lol.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I believe the cost of my Emira FE is $96K. I have no doubt that if I took delivery and handed it to a Porsche dealer to resell (or to the Lotus dealer). you could price if for $150k and it would sell within a week or two. I only mention Porsche cause they get tons of traffic where I live.

SloAlfa

Reaction score
I don’t think the I4 will affect the V6 numbers… two different customers. it’s the reason that Lotus offered both. Also that 700 number is for all North America… roughly 600 for the USA… IIRC
I agree on the I4 vs V6 customers... Lots of reasons choosing one over another. For me, I know the Mercedes engine has been proven out across many platforms but I have owned two Mercedes and wont do it again! it will be a lot more expensive to maintain in the long run.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree on the I4 vs V6 customers... Lots of reasons choosing one over another. For me, I know the Mercedes engine has been proven out across many platforms but I have owned two Mercedes and wont do it again! it will be a lot more expensive to maintain in the long run.
There are several factors that will significantly affect the lotus Emira match.
Lotus has been a relatively unknown brand with really small volumes.
C8 30k Annually 718 probably greater
This will give the Emira a significant BOST if market awareness increases.
Lotus’s new look
One can not underestimate the power of a car dripping in sex appeal. One of the major drivers of the surrounding all the interest. Look 👀 & read ever article talks about how this car compares to
Really expensive cars. Lamborghini Ferrari & McLaren
Lotus really focused on making the interior an asset and not a liability. All the improvements on the inside only sever to widen it appeal, translating into increased value “ more money “
Reliability lotus’s price point is not so high that customers demand a Bespoke engine. The Toyota & MB engins become an asset and not a liability.
The world wide knowledge that lotus’s are brilliant driving cars.
Finally The limited production of this car.
We should do very well.. will you be able to profit off the sale of your EMIRA “ yes 🙌 “ short run 1-3 years after that who knows, 4 to 10years? What do you think?