• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Value of FE

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
3 kinds of value right?

1. Dollars or Pounds. $ or #/£.
What do we think a like-optioned Base V6 will be compared to FE?

2. That Badge. Dang that Badge.
Having a “First Edition” which we don’t officially fully know the meaning of.
What do we think that means?

3. #Early
Having something before others can get it. Sometimes we have to be careful what we wish for. That whole “let them work out the kinks” anecdotal stuff. There’s value to being the early bird right? #TheWorm

So I’m looking for more justification, I mean reasons… Other than the dollar difference or potentially the value of an early resell, the badge, or the fact of being early - what else is there?

Thanks!

KG21

Reaction score
A delearship here in South Korea said to me that the following edition models would be more expensive than this First edition. Not sure if he had got an official price lists from UK HQ, but I was just sad cause I missed the FE queue.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There are two reasons I think the V6 FE actually looks really good value:

1. The Evora GT410 had a list price of well over £90k with a few essential options ticked.

2. Inflation. This has been discussed on here before, but significant price hikes for the Emira in the not-too-distant future will surely be unavoidable for Lotus.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It’s a weird moment. Inflation and supply chain instability are probably going to continue lifting prices, so I think those of us who secured an FE with no markup will do pretty well and that’s in addition to the exclusivity caused by the waiting list, and in addition to the fact pure analog driver’s cars will continue to be in demand in an increasingly electrified world.

There might be gremlins, but there is no new tech in this car beyond the assist systems that can be turned off. Tried and true assembly methods, proven powertrain.

If it was the very first hybrid battery system I might be more concerned. This one feels like Lotus knowing what they’re doing.

I have an advanced case of early adopter syndrome. I bought one of the first BMW i3s, one of the first Model 3s, one of the first Jeep Wrangler 4XEs. These cars weren’t without their gremlins but all but 1 were small (Jeep needed a flatbed once) and the joy of experiencing something new, for me, has far outweighed any inconvenience.

I might eat these words. Yolo.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Early. Exotic. And likely limited for quite some time. The Emira will still be a low production car (relative to most domestic models). So having the FE will not only mean one of very few Emiras early on, but that exclusivity is likely to last several years IMO. When I drive longer distances through NJ, there isn't a day I don't see/run across a new C8 or the latest BMW. Unless I happen to run across a couple of the jabronis on here from NJ I'm just not expecting to see another Emira on the road any time soon. I relish in the idea of having a car that most people will say "what the hell is that? I've never seen that car before." Shallow? certainly. Superficial narcissism? Undoubtedly. But, hey.. the heart wants what he heart wants.

I do think there is a $ value premium to having an FE (inflation as other have stated, which is new) but more in just general demand and aforementioned general exclusivity/wait times. I think that $ value premium will drop quickly when "better" and later Emira models emerge. Read: If you end up not liking the car and want to flip it, I would so quickly to optimize your return (kinda of a no brainer).

r1lee

Reaction score
Early. Exotic. And likely limited for quite some time. The Emira will still be a low production car (relative to most domestic models). So having the FE will not only mean one of very few Emiras early on, but that exclusivity is likely to last several years IMO. When I drive longer distances through NJ, there isn't a day I don't see/run across a new C8 or the latest BMW. Unless I happen to run across a couple of the jabronis on here from NJ I'm just not expecting to see another Emira on the road any time soon. I relish in the idea of having a car that most people will say "what the hell is that? I've never seen that car before." Shallow? certainly. Superficial narcissism? Undoubtedly. But, hey.. the heart wants what he heart wants.

I do think there is a $ value premium to having an FE (inflation as other have stated, which is new) but more in just general demand and aforementioned general exclusivity/wait times. I think that $ value premium will drop quickly when "better" and later Emira models emerge. Read: If you end up not liking the car and want to flip it, I would so quickly to optimize your return (kinda of a no brainer).

This is how i feel about a Porsche, a dime a dozen. Everyone and their grandmas have one. The reason I’ve skipped it 4x now.

Z3 over a boxster
R8 over a 911
Lc500 over a 911
Emira over a cayman

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For me it's the inflation pressure, even though a lot of it was driven by price opportunism (i.e. gouging) throughout the supply chain rather than an actual monetary value shift.

I fully expect the Emira to jump 6-10% in price for the next model year. I just can't see them holding the current pricing for very long unless they have a really ironclad set of agreements with their supplier network. We'll see what happens.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I actually like the base badge better. Though I think the FE badge has been updated since the original launch builds.

See:
1647380850562.png

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I want the damn stupid pointless ADAS. This way at least my EMIRA will have some tech that my C8 will never have, and can further justify the purchase. Will wait for a year or so so my Emira will have it. I had hoped the First Edition to have it.

Also, I want to see the car in final production spec.....want to see the seats and the seat backs also.

And I want to test drive one first.......

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
1. 99k
2. Zero unless some (attractive) options are not available for Base
3. Personal NPV. Some value being an early adopter philosophy, some value not having to wait and buy an interim car, some value avoided risks of early cars , etc.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I'm the other jabroni from NJ... what color did you get??? Hope we don't match!! :ROFLMAO:

Arsalan

Reaction score
3 kinds of value right?

1. Dollars or Pounds. $ or #/£.
What do we think a like-optioned Base V6 will be compared to FE?

2. That Badge. Dang that Badge.
Having a “First Edition” which we don’t officially fully know the meaning of.
What do we think that means?

3. #Early
Having something before others can get it. Sometimes we have to be careful what we wish for. That whole “let them work out the kinks” anecdotal stuff. There’s value to being the early bird right? #TheWorm

So I’m looking for more justification, I mean reasons… Other than the dollar difference or potentially the value of an early resell, the badge, or the fact of being early - what else is there?

Thanks!
I think you can’t go wrong with FE. Just the bundle discount on options will justify the value not to mention the exclusivity

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Lotus Customer Care just told me that the FE editions will not have a build plate. Think this is a missed opportunity as previous Lotus models had them and many (if not most) special editions have them.

Also, Customer Care say that they while FE is likely to have a limit on numbers, they have not received any information on that. I think it was going to be time limited (orders by Mar 22?) but would be good to know how many FE will be made under each drivetrain configuration.

So, FE now boils down to the bundle pricing, early cars and protection from future price increases. Not much on exclusivity.

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like supply of FE will be that limited? Time will tell if overall values of Lotus brand will hold-up….. whilst it clearly has a following, it’s not yet in the prestige league of Porsche 911 & others.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Doesn’t look like supply of FE will be that limited? Time will tell if overall values of Lotus brand will hold-up….. whilst it clearly has a following, it’s not yet in the prestige league of Porsche 911 & others.

If the Emira prices follows Evoras, then it will be a solid investment