❔ QUESTION Use of electric parking brake

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Firstly I would like to say my car did not come with a manual which is being sorted by the dealer. When going for the test drive I was shown where the hand brake was and how it works.
I’m am used to the handbrake be fully automatic and yesterday I pulled away without taking it off and when I realised I saw the light was off. Also when back from a drive and parking I opened the door to get out, remembered the handbrake and saw the light was on. Either I’m going mad or I’m thinking it is fully auto. Any ideas please?

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It is in a sub-menu in car settings.
You can select to have it come on / off automatically or not.
I think it only comes on / off automatically if you leave the car in neutral (when parking) but someone else may correct that.

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
Firstly I would like to say my car did not come with a manual which is being sorted by the dealer. When going for the test drive I was shown where the hand brake was and how it works.
I’m am used to the handbrake be fully automatic and yesterday I pulled away without taking it off and when I realised I saw the light was off. Also when back from a drive and parking I opened the door to get out, remembered the handbrake and saw the light was on. Either I’m going mad or I’m thinking it is fully auto. Any ideas please?
Download the PDF manual here:
Makes it easy to search for things and you can keep it on your phone.

Whitey

Reaction score
It is in a sub-menu in car settings.
You can select to have it come on / off automatically or not.
I think it only comes on / off automatically if you leave the car in neutral (when parking) but someone else may correct that.
I have mine set to Off so that it doesn’t automatically come on when I park it in my level garage. 2 reasons for this, I can manually push the car in either direction and also to stop the brakes sticking if the car has slightly wet discs. I always run the car up and down the hill outside the house after washing the wheels to get them as dry as poss.

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
I have mine set to Off so that it doesn’t automatically come on when I park it in my level garage. 2 reasons for this, I can manually push the car in either direction and also to stop the brakes sticking if the car has slightly wet discs. I always run the car up and down the hill outside the house after washing the wheels to get them as dry as poss.
This sounds like something I would do.
Just wondering what happens when the car goes for a service and the mechanic is used to it being on auto?
I think I would set it back to auto for those occasions just in case.