• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

NoFear99

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Looks like Canada need to get cars direct from UK instead of via US this looks like an historic arrangement probably because of the ultra low sales volume. Emira and future lotus products should change this sounds like the guy in Vancouver should look to buy direct I'm sure the price then would be similar. By the way american cars sold in low volumes over here cost a fortune too its just business.
Thats right. The problem is that we belong to Lotus USA instead to get the cars directly from UK.

At the end of the inefficient process :
We pay transport fees twice.
We pay customs fees twice.
Currency exchange fees twice.

OP
JAY

JAY

Reaction score
What do you think will happen to lotus dealers in canada when the orders are so small. When I bought my Alfa Romeo same thing happened my dealer closed within a year of buying it.

nahanni

Reaction score
Thats right. The problem is that we belong to Lotus USA instead to get the cars directly from UK.

At the end of the inefficient process :
We pay transport fees twice.
We pay customs fees twice.
Currency exchange fees twice

Reactions: JAY

nahanni

Reaction score
We are of course in changing times and it is difficult to understand the markets. I noticed that an Emira bought in Canada is $96300(us$) versus $93900 in the USA. However a GTS 4 is $76500 US currency in Canada while in the USA it's MSRP is $87400. So the Porsche is in excess of $10000 less in Canada. Complicated but I'm sure Lotus know what they are doing.

NoFear99

Emira Fan
Reaction score
We are of course in changing times and it is difficult to understand the markets. I noticed that an Emira bought in Canada is $96300(us$) versus $93900 in the USA. However a GTS 4 is $76500 US currency in Canada while in the USA it's MSRP is $87400. So the Porsche is in excess of $10000 less in Canada. Complicated but I'm sure Lotus know what they are doing.
Lotus Emira FE in USA is 93 900$ + 2 200$ destination charge = 96 100$US .

96 100$US = +or- 120 000$ CAD
This is exactly the price of the car in Canada but we gotta have to pay another extra 3500$ cad for preparation and destination charges fees again at our Canadian dealer.

The thing is that in general, every car brand price their car about 16% higher in Canada than USA but lotus are 28% higher.

Dabozo

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry you haven't heard from us. Have you received your deposit confirmation email? Please reach out and we will gladly give you an update.

Currently we are waiting for our allotments that will be given out in January. After that we will contact deposit holders so that we can lock in the builds and take a larger deposit.

As previously mentioned, we will be attending an Emira training mid November where hopefully they will share their plans for a Canadian tour. It's been very difficult getting cars and teams in to tour so let's please be patient :).
Hi there, perhaps it’s been discussed elsewhere but what ever came of these November dealer training sessions? Any useful updates for us consumers?

Reaction score
Hi there, perhaps it’s been discussed elsewhere but whatever came of these November dealer training sessions? Any useful updates for us consumers?
Hi! Thank you for following up Dabozo. Biggest thing we brought back from the event was that the car looks awesome in person! The photos don't do it justice. Very easy to get in and out of. The tech back end is all Polestar/Volvo and is ultra clean and the front end is made made just for the Emira with lots of cool graphics and good info. The fit and finish is not Lotus of old, its like any high end european brand.

For Canadians, we probably won't be seeing a car in our market until April, but when a car does arrive it should (hopefully) be a drivable demo model. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Happy New Year!

JYEmira

Reaction score
Hi! Thank you for following up Dabozo. Biggest thing we brought back from the event was that the car looks awesome in person! The photos don't do it justice. Very easy to get in and out of. The tech back end is all Polestar/Volvo and is ultra clean and the front end is made made just for the Emira with lots of cool graphics and good info. The fit and finish is not Lotus of old, its like any high end european brand.

For Canadians, we probably won't be seeing a car in our market until April, but when a car does arrive it should (hopefully) be a drivable demo model. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Happy New Year!
Hi,
Any update on the new BC luxury tax for vehicles over 100k and destination charge/fee for the emira?
Happy New Year and stay safe!

Reaction score
Hi,
Any update on the new BC luxury tax for vehicles over 100k and destination charge/fee for the emira?
Happy New Year and stay safe!
Not yet! We are still waiting on news on the levy. Last news was that it was stalled until the new year.

DMc

Reaction score
Just got the email....$93,900 for FE V6! yikes
You don't know how good you've got it: Oz starting price for F/E Emira is $199k AUD, before Stamp Duty, LCT, Compulsory 3rd Party Insurance, and plate Reg... they're around $240k AUD onroad, before PPF and ceramic coating.

*pro-tip get a screen for the front windscreen, save your hand from a Lotus shift pattern fire-branding onto it...

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Today we are pleased to announce the USA MSRP for the Emira.

Emira I4 Base - $74,900
Emira V6 First Edition - $93,900
Just got the email....$93,900 for FE V6! yikes

WAIT!!! Seems like some some confusion/contradiction, unless the prices went up?... Per LOTUS USA website i see the following prices:

EMIRA I4 First Edition ─ $99,900
EMIRA
V6 First Edition ─ $105,300

pricing.png

Last edited:

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, there have been price hikes. It's good to see people actually reading prior posts, though.

So are people furious because they paid a deposit and then the prices went up or that they have been waiting for a century and still have no car? What if prices go up again for the 2025 model?