• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA & Canada pricing

Zedder

Reaction score
I have decided to pull my deposit and move on to something else. Love the looks of the car, think the pricing is a bit too high for Canada compared to how the car was priced for most other markets, and I'm just not convinced that Lotus quality issues etc. are behind them just yet. It sounds like they are on the right track, but I need to see feedback confirming that before I will reconsider.

I have an air cooled Porsche and a muscle car to drive, so I am waiting for my number to come up for a Z06. The reality is that I have a better chance of getting the Z06 before the Emira based on where I am on each list. I've owned a bunch of Corvettes in the past, so I know their positives and negatives. As for Porsche, the dealership experience has gotten so poor, that I will likely replace my Macan S daily with something else when the time comes.

Best of luck guys. Hope you love your Emiras! I will be following along as they hit the market.

CProblems

Reaction score
I have decided to pull my deposit and move on to something else. Love the looks of the car, think the pricing is a bit too high for Canada compared to how the car was priced for most other markets, and I'm just not convinced that Lotus quality issues etc. are behind them just yet. It sounds like they are on the right track, but I need to see feedback confirming that before I will reconsider.

I have an air cooled Porsche and a muscle car to drive, so I am waiting for my number to come up for a Z06. The reality is that I have a better chance of getting the Z06 before the Emira based on where I am on each list. I've owned a bunch of Corvettes in the past, so I know their positives and negatives. As for Porsche, the dealership experience has gotten so poor, that I will likely replace my Macan S daily with something else when the time comes.

Best of luck guys. Hope you love your Emiras! I will be following along as they hit the market.
I recently put a deposit down, but I am having the same thoughts as you. Amazing looks, but the pricing is not in line with all the other markets and its competition (for Canada). It's quite frustrating honestly to see this.

The V6 FE needed to be 110-113k CAD.

NoFear99

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I recently put a deposit down, but I am having the same thoughts as you. Amazing looks, but the pricing is not in line with all the other markets and its competition (for Canada). It's quite frustrating honestly to see this.

The V6 FE needed to be 110-113k CAD.
Canadian market have been totally neglected by Lotus USA and only purist of the brand like myself will go ahead even if we knows that we shouldnt pay that price. Very disapointing to see.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus UK and

Sorry to read this but totally understand. It does look like Lotus have mis-pitched the pricing in Canada.

Enjoy your current and next cars and maybe you’ll test drive an Emira when they start being delivered and change your mind. You know you could leave your deposit down and keep a place open for 2023 right? ;)

Zedder

Reaction score
Lotus UK and

Sorry to read this but totally understand. It does look like Lotus have mis-pitched the pricing in Canada.

Enjoy your current and next cars and maybe you’ll test drive an Emira when they start being delivered and change your mind. You know you could leave your deposit down and keep a place open for 2023 right? ;)
Thanks Tom. I'm so far down the list that by the time mine became available, I suspect that there would be a very short wait to order one. So, I'd rather not tie up $5,000.

god7illa

Reaction score
I received confirmation of my $2500 deposit return/credit today.

Really too bad, I was #16 on my closest dealer's list. But like many here I just could not accept Lotus USA's pricing insult.

Thinking I'll keep my eyes open for a clean used Evora 400. Good idea? Bad idea?

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Really too bad, I was #16 on my closest dealer's list. But like many here I just could not accept Lotus USA's pricing insult.

Thinking I'll keep my eyes open for a clean used Evora 400. Good idea? Bad idea?
I really hope Lotus USA is listening in here, or better yet, lotus corporate. This can’t be good for the Emira. Both from a practical and a strategic perspective it makes no sense to alienate an entire nation.

Zedder

Reaction score

I was #57 and a $5,000 deposit!

NoFear99

Emira Fan
Reaction score

When I see comment like that one part of myself is happy because in fact Lotus USA do not deserve our business.

Montréal dealer had 56 deposits, Vancouver had 100+ deposits Arthur said and all 4 others dealers must had 30-35+ deposits each so we are talking 250+ deposits. It means the Canadian market have the potential to sell almost as many Emira per year then the USA Evora GT sales numbers into the last years.

So we should have been taken into consideration better then that.

Australia is a smaller or similar market then our.
New-Zealand is 7-8 times smaller and Lotus got the things done right for them.

Last edited:

Zedder

Reaction score
When I see comment like that one part of myself is happy because in fact Lotus USA do not deserve our business.

Montréal dealer had 56 deposits, Vancouver had 100+ deposits Arthur said and all 4 others dealers must had 30-35+ deposits each so we are talking 250+ deposits. It means the Canadian market have the potential to sell almost as many Emira per year then the USA Evora GT sales numbers into the last years.

I was #57 in Toronto.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I am wondering why Canada has to go through Lotus USA in the first place. Can’t dealers negotiate franchise relationships with Lotus corporate just as in other countries? And why would the current Canadian dealers stand for this? Unless the Canadian members on this forum are atypical and don’t represent the average Canadian Emira buyer, this exodus is disastrous. When Emira is your only product, these defections could mean almost no market for Lotus in Canada. Canadian enthusiasts deserve better.

NoFear99

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Other car company never price their car in Canada with a direct exchange rate currency usd to cad , they do much better than that for us.
But even there, if Lotus had at least respected that by pricing the car according to a direct currency exchange rate it would still be priced better at 4000$ lower on par with a base Cayman GT4 and still very well paid at that price.

You then suddenly save another 800$ Less luxury tax, 720$ Less sale tax and the total bill is already 5 500$ lower right there boom.

In french there is an expression saying that you cannot have the butter and the cash of the butter. However this is exactly what they did.

Last edited:

Shaur

Reaction score
Other car company never price their car in Canada with a direct exchange rate currency usd to cad , they do much better than that for us.
But even there, if Lotus had at least respected that by pricing the car according to a direct currency exchange rate it would still be priced better at 4000$ lower on par with a base Cayman GT4 and still very well paid at that price.

You then suddenly save another 800$ Less luxury tax, 720$ Less sale tax and the total bill is already 5 500$ lower right there boom.
ah well we must accept the numbers now, we can just hope the I4 price is more in line with the market 😞 and that we're allocated enough to justify the wait with our $5k deposits...

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Hmmmm in Australia the car is $204,000 on road…. Hardly being taken care off 🤣

Reactions: Rob

god7illa

Reaction score
I am wondering why Canada has to go through Lotus USA in the first place. Can’t dealers negotiate franchise relationships with Lotus corporate just as in other countries? And why would the current Canadian dealers stand for this? Unless the Canadian members on this forum are atypical and don’t represent the average Canadian Emira buyer, this exodus is disastrous. When Emira is your only product, these defections could mean almost no market for Lotus in Canada. Canadian enthusiasts deserve better.
A bit cynical perhaps, but I honestly think Lotus just doesn't care. I don't say that in a bitter way, but more in a practical way tbh.

Canada is prob double-digit, maybe on a good year triple-digit, Lotus sales a year at most. So I think naturally it's an afterthought... more like, "well ok, if a few CDNs want some cars well they can have them for the US $ exchange value - take it or leave it, doesn't really matter to us, but don't expect us to invest in a presence there, gawd no".

Kind of disappointing as the geographically largest (and in top 10 re population) Commonwealth country to be treated as a lower colony... 😏 maybe someone could get a word in to the Queen re how poorly 38M of her subjects are being treated by the home subjects? lol j/k.

NoFear99

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The FE is priced in Australia right into the middle of a base cayman gts 4.0 and a Cayman GT4 just like every other market in the world. If we could be like that in Canada we would be so happy. Instead of that the car is 4000$ more then a GT4.

Attachments

• 1BE53E51-CDD0-485C-8B5A-02BF5B6C7DA2.png
    1BE53E51-CDD0-485C-8B5A-02BF5B6C7DA2.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 62

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I dont' really know the car market well in Australia, but my understanding is that all cars are expensive over there lol

As mentionned, compared to the offering from other car makers, it seems the price is just right...

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Looks like Canada need to get cars direct from UK instead of via US this looks like an historic arrangement probably because of the ultra low sales volume. Emira and future lotus products should change this sounds like the guy in Vancouver should look to buy direct I'm sure the price then would be similar. By the way american cars sold in low volumes over here cost a fortune too its just business.