• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

My Emira arrived at Lotus of DC on Thursday. Yesterday I got an email telling me the car got damaged somewhere during its long trip from the factory to the dealer. The sales rep said they had contacted Lotus to find out how they want to handle the repair. They expect a response on Tuesday.

My question to the esteemed forum is
  1. Should I wait for Lotus to repair it, given I don't know how long they will take or where they will want to do it?
  2. Should I tell Lotus to give me a bottle of touch up paint and repair it myself?
  3. Should I have my local shop that is going to do paint correction and PPF do the repair?
  4. What compensation should I ask for if I choose 2 or 3?
Thanks for your thoughts.
1716636688118-png.44302

My Emira arrived at Lotus of DC on Thursday. Yesterday I got an email telling me the car got damaged somewhere during its long trip from the factory to the dealer. The sales rep said they had contacted Lotus to find out how they want to handle the repair. They expect a response on Tuesday.

1. Should I wait for Lotus to repair it, given I don't know how long they will take or where they will want to do it?
  2. Should I tell Lotus to give me a bottle of touch up paint and repair it myself?
  3. Should I have my local shop that is going to do paint correction and PPF do the repair?
1716636688118-png.44302
Did they tell you what was damaged where it only requires touch up paint? I wouldn’t screw around with taking it in as-is and trying to fix it myself. Let lotus fix it (unfortunately at a snails pace) before you take delivery. You don’t want to be in a position where you get it delivered and are stuck holding a damaged car.

1716636688118-png.44302
Don't take delivery of a damaged car. Let them resolve it prior to delivery. Prior to the transaction they still have incentive... after the transaction they do not.

It could just need a little touch up paint, or it could need to be filled before painting. I'm 3 hours from the dealer, so I have to rely on the photo. Obviously filling the nick is a lot more time and effort.

I don't know how you'd do that in transit. Looks like it got dinged by the access panel. Maybe when your dealer was doing the air con TSB?
I wondered about the panel too. It definitely looks to be sticking out a bit where it ends in a point. Could someone post a photo of their access panel for comparison? Thanks.

You can also get 2.25% rate from them but you have to have the same amount of cash in the bank to get that rate. Your paying yourself back. 4.99% for 60 months is the lowest Auto rate I could find with a credit score of 847.
Any more details on that 2.25 rate? That is very interesting

The first truck could be delivering my car today in Seattle.
Just be prepared for more of a wait - PP is backed up. Mine arrived over a week ago and was meant to be collected this weekend but now looking like later next week - so will be closer to two weeks. PDI is done but backlog on detailing - they appear to have a different set of staff doing the Emira detailing compared to the normal auto salon as I did ask why there were plenty of appointments available to book.

Looking forward to getting this over with if I am really honest - whole thing has been a textbook on how not to launch and deliver a new car.

I tried to include a photo, but it did not work. Trying again ...View attachment 44304
That's not a ding; that's a tool mark. There's no way that could be done that cleanly, and that precisely in that particular area in transit. I just took a look at mine, and you'd have to have the front of the car off to damage it like that without touching the area behind it. It looks like somebody used a tool to pry the front down, probably to get it to go back into place.

It will be interesting to see what Lotus says, because they're going to realize how odd a mark that is at that location.

I cannot believe it the car is here. I was tucked all the way in the trailer and I did not know if that one was mine.
Now I have to wait for them to do PDI before I can take delivery. Monday could be the date. This feels surreal.
P.S. the car looks really dirty with a little bit of rust on the super charger. They need to do a proper detail before delivery.
R0000706.jpeg

I cannot believe it the car is here. I was tucked all the way in the trailer and I did not know if that one was mine.
Now I have to wait for them to do PDI before I can take delivery. Monday could be the date. This feels surreal.
P.S. the car looks really dirty with a little bit of rust on the super charger. They need to do a proper detail before delivery.
View attachment 44317
It does feel surreal. That's the exact same feeling I had when I first saw mine. Congrats!

View attachment 44317
Been waiting for good news from you. Congrats! Now comes the delayed gratification.

Hopefully mine is somewhere in that group!
Same. I’ve heard from the dealership that automatics are being made. Those in line can expect to submit orders in the next month or 2 as MY 2024’s. Granted they were talking about folks who were already in line but got skipped for the manual orders.

Well, I am 2 weeks in and the car seems to vary between “totally awesome”, and “totally ridiculously awesome”. I drive it as my daily to and from the office plus errands, and it works great for this purpose. Plus Max our dog is very approving as well. What a thrill. Hope everyone waiting gets to experience this soon. And apologies for the crappy photos, I am not much of a photographer. View attachment 44234
Hard to take a bad picture of this car. Love the appreciative doggy!