• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

kohubone

Reaction score
Took delivery of my Emira today from Galpin Lotus. Awesome feeling. I was on the waitlist for about 2 years, and am pretty surprised I have it, it seems I'm relatively early to get one in the US. Thanks to this forum and everyone in here for providing some help and entertainment during the wait. If anyone has questions about the purchase experience, dealer stuff, etc, feel free to ask!

Also, surprisingly got given a Lotus jacket as a gift from Galpin. Honestly, pretty impressed. It's super high quality, not like much of the other random Lotus merch.

Terrible photos for now, will get some better ones.

View attachment 42846View attachment 42847View attachment 42848View attachment 42853
Congrats! pretty awesome gift. Which ship was your on? 4/6 or 4/20?

allenyao09

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is it possible to start the US-spec Emira in track mode? Thought I remember reading on here that you can start in track mode by first holding the mode select for 5 seconds or something like that.
Should be able to do this by some coding, but I'm not sure how. With Bimmercode, I can choose which mode my GR Supra starts with. I would assume the same can be done on an Emira.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
But even so the carb state cars were still sitting around just as long, but at Hethel instead of Baltimore, Michigan, or dealerships.
Yep, that's what I'm gleaning from this. So carb state car or not, those that were built prior to carb approval were sitting around somewhere on either side of the pond.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
But even so the carb state cars were still sitting around just as long, but at Hethel instead of Baltimore, Michigan, or dealerships.

I don't think that's actually the case -- when I had seen the spreadsheet for the first 25 V6 FE 1.0 Manuals at my dealer until late January 2024 at my dealership only 4 of them had been produced, the rest were all locked configuration status but not yet built.

V8Dave

Reaction score
I've had a deposit order accepted, so that's a start! Has anyone recently done the same and gotten any kind of delivery window?

ameeriklane

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yea, I feel like the deck was shuffled, so to say. It's probably a little overwhelming trying to sort them all out for different dealers. There are cars at the back of the lot that belong to earlier depositors, I bet. Not ideal.

I know basically nothing about how ports work, but Baltimore is the #1 ro-ro port in the US, and its experienced auto handling companies at the port (Wallenius Willhelmsen in the case of Lotus) are used to handling much higher volumes from other manufacturers. I'd guess they are quite skilled at handling these challenges. But who knows... not my area of expertise at all!

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am FE 1.0, same boat arrived on March 26. My dealer does not have any updates regarding my car. I saw a DV Emira with silver wheel last week in the showroom, and the vin is one digit smaller than mine :cry:. It could be mine...
That sucks - I feel for all the 1.0s that dont have their cars yet. Travesty.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Finally in the garage after a 7 day trip from Bellevue to Jacksonville (plus 30 months waiting prior to that). I forgot how much fun a home delivery can be. Feels great! My VIN is in 2400's, so I do think it was just luck of the draw when getting picked up at the port a month ago. If you're stuck anxiously waiting, I'm sure your time will come very soon. I wasn't even given a VIN until a day after my car arrived at the dealer with no warning. Added the first modification within the first 20 minutes ;)

IMG_6306.JPG

IMG_6320.JPG

neiru37

Reaction score
3rd week of waiting since my California dealer (Boardwalk Lotus) started getting cars delivered.

FE 1.0 July 2021 deposit, 25th in line at the dealer, and still no car :confused:

I applied for a loan ~2 weeks back from the excitement of the first few cars, thinking mine was going to be there soon given my place in line. Turns out that wasn't the best move.

Got a few more days before that loan application expires and I'll have to apply for another loan and have a hard credit pull made to my credit history :confused:

Lotus please please please let it be soon!

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Here's an update on tracking actual Emira deliveries to customers. We have 49 entries so far. This represents about 25 dealers, so too much data for a chart. Here's the summary though. You can find this in the Summary tab of the sheet (link in my signature). Congrats to the folks who've recently taken delivery...hope you'll take a minute to complete the form. Enjoy your rides!

1715082566243.png

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
3rd week of waiting since my California dealer (Boardwalk Lotus) started getting cars delivered.

FE 1.0 July 2021 deposit, 25th in line at the dealer, and still no car :confused:

I applied for a loan ~2 weeks back from the excitement of the first few cars, thinking mine was going to be there soon given my place in line. Turns out that wasn't the best move.

Got a few more days before that loan application expires and I'll have to apply for another loan and have a hard credit pull made to my credit history :confused:

Lotus please please please let it be soon!
I feel your pain! I waited until finally getting my VIN to lease a 2nd parking space for the Emira (not wanting to risk lack of availability when it arrives or far away from the spot I own). I’ll end up having sunk at least $600 on an empty parking space before it arrives lol.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Finally in the garage after a 7 day trip from Bellevue to Jacksonville (plus 30 months waiting prior to that). I forgot how much fun a home delivery can be. Feels great! My VIN is in 2400's, so I do think it was just luck of the draw when getting picked up at the port a month ago. If you're stuck anxiously waiting, I'm sure your time will come very soon. I wasn't even given a VIN until a day after my car arrived at the dealer with no warning. Added the first modification within the first 20 minutes ;)

View attachment 42971

View attachment 42972
Congrats man! I think it's the same guy that delivered mine, and the same truck lol.

IMG_3292.jpeg

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congrats man! I think it's the same guy that delivered mine, and the same truck lol.

View attachment 42984
Thanks! It is, haha that's funny, he did a great job. About to go find some mid-day empty roads to knock out more break-in miles before working overnight tonight. Feels like Christmas morning as a kid.

Syzygy

Reaction score
Been lurking here. Took my delivery from lotus of North Jersey this past Saturday. Deposit 5/22.

Cars been working great no issues so far. AC and brakes seem fine. A couple of tiny bubbles on ppf which they assured me should fade.

I did notice one very weird issue. There's a neon green sticker at the bottom of my shifter linkage area that shouldn't be there that I didn't notice until I got home you can actually see it in the pictures. Otherwise it has been a dream.

Attachments

• PXL_20240504_171315575.jpg
    PXL_20240504_171315575.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 132
  • PXL_20240504_171330713.jpg
    PXL_20240504_171330713.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 85
  • PXL_20240504_175019303.jpg
    PXL_20240504_175019303.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 130
  • PXL_20240504_171359249.jpg
    PXL_20240504_171359249.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 133

R35_J

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out which ship my car is on and also refreshing the Google Doc to see if my vin pops up. Going crazy, I know it should be getting here soon. This last month seems like a harder wait than the past 30 months lol.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Been lurking here. Took my delivery from lotus of North Jersey this past Saturday. Deposit 5/22.

Cars been working great no issues so far. AC and brakes seem fine. A couple of tiny bubbles on ppf which they assured me should fade.

I did notice one very weird issue. There's a neon green sticker at the bottom of my shifter linkage area that shouldn't be there that I didn't notice until I got home you can actually see it in the pictures. Otherwise it has been a dream.

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Lotus of North Jersey has been doing a lot of deliveries lately! My buddy just got his Saturday.

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Nice, congrats! May be a "rare" spec! No upper black pack (my choice in Seneca) and black leather, rather than alcantara. I approve! (even though I chose tan leather!). Looking forward to hearing about your driving adventures!.