USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Pixelated816 open trucks don't make me happy. I took delivery of a car from one of those before and the wind and rain acting on the cover did bad things to the paint.

Drambeenie

Reaction score
Third, Has reaching out to Lotus USA proven productive to anyone?

Yes.

My dealer only has "locked" as my production status, but Lotus USA informed me that my car was in the final stage of production and was expected to be completed the week I received their communication. I was also told that my car was expected to sail this month, but that it may be held in Michigan when it arrives until my dealer approves delivery.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Where’s my car
1000033589.gif

I heard that @VL3X called and had them put yours at the back of the list. The guy has real pull. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

n4s

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Be careful of those upsell guys. When got my car they tried to use language like 'it extends your factory warranty for so many years'. I asked them if it extended the FULL Lotus warranty. Then he eventually admitted it only covers the powertrain.
The one they offered me was thru Axiom though. The Fidelity (better it seems) link below does include some non powertrain stuff if you get Platinum plan. Prob not the 4k one
Thanks for the headsup. The plan that was offered was the platinum plan and after some negotiations, I got it down to 4k (originally was around 6k).

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Won’t be picking up my Emira on Friday after all….
The PPF guy wasn’t in this week as planned to wrap the car, so shooting for wrapping now on Monday/Tuesday of next week. Even after waiting patiently for three years I feel kind of bummed. I was going to bring to car and coffee on Saturday, but obviously that’s out. I also register it in a car show on May 5, so I hope I have it by then!

ameeriklane

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This has been an incredibly frustrating process for all of us and I can't believe we're almost in May and I still don't have any inkling whether I'll get my Emira next month or in six months. That might sound absurd, but think about the journey so far.

PS Pic of Dad and I at Gator reveal event when Allison was there before Tony.

I was there too, though I don't see myself in the background of that photo. I did have to cut out a little early to catch my flight back to DC. It was a nice event.

I agree, the frustrating part is no information. If I was told I can take delivery in November 2024, I would be a bit dismayed (given it arrived at port on 12/29/23), but at least I can plan. At this point, my thinking is I'll get a call or email some time in the next few months telling me my car is ready and I should come to pick it up in X days.. then I'll need to hope I'm actually available then to do so.

pc368

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The dates are arrivals in US ports. 🤗
Wow, so I have been tracking the wrong ship all these times:eek:

When he gave me the VIN in March, my dealer told me they won't know anything else until the car is on the truck on its way to the dealer here in LA.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow, so I have been tracking the wrong ship all these times:eek:

When he gave me the VIN in March, my dealer told me they won't know anything else until the car is on the truck on its way to the dealer here in LA.
I guess that's better news, eh? The downside is that once in the US, you won't know where they are until the dealer calls you.

GrahamClark_60-68

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Pixelated816 open trucks don't make me happy. I took delivery of a car from one of those before and the wind and rain acting on the cover did bad things to the paint.
I wasn't too happy to hear this either. Pics posted of cars arriving to Lotus of Bellevue in Washington state were in closed carriers, as they should be. I'm wondering if the dealers are specifying the carriers or if Lotus is just loading them on whatever carriers they have that show up at the port.

GrahamClark_60-68

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes.

My dealer only has "locked" as my production status, but Lotus USA informed me that my car was in the final stage of production and was expected to be completed the week I received their communication. I was also told that my car was expected to sail this month, but that it may be held in Michigan when it arrives until my dealer approves delivery.
Did someone answer the phone when you called Lotus USA? Because when I called I got VM and left a message and the next thing I know my dealer is contacting me asking what they can help me with, because they heard I contacted Lotus USA.

Drambeenie

Reaction score
Did someone answer the phone when you called Lotus USA? Because when I called I got VM and left a message and the next thing I know my dealer is contacting me asking what they can help me with, because they heard I contacted Lotus USA.

Wasn't by phone. I contacted someone directly at Lotus USA. Their name was listed on a shipping manifest.

T6061

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good news. I just got the call that my car is on a truck headed to California. 4/6 ship. Hoping it will be ready for pickup maybe May 6th. He said 8 cars on their way to Eurocar in Orange County. Oct 2021 order. FE2.0. In their first shipment. Pinch me...
Great to hear! Is this Eurocar's first batch? Please share your experience with the dealership throughout the delivery process. There are a bunch of us behind you!!

pc368

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good news. I just got the call that my car is on a truck headed to California. 4/6 ship. Hoping it will be ready for pickup maybe May 6th. He said 8 cars on their way to Eurocar in Orange County. Oct 2021 order. FE2.0. In their first shipment. Pinch me...
Mine was also on the 4/6 ship, coming to Galpin but have not heard from dealer (hopefully soon🤞)