USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Reaction score
dealers are starting to call about cars on lot that they need sold. it will be interesting to see the take rate for these first edition arrivals.

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I called Lotus USA about this today. They said to contact the dealer. The dealer has informed us they're overwhelmend and not to call or email them.
Wow pitiful, just pitiful. No excuse for that response to a depositor, IMO. I once called Lotus USA and left a message to confirm black pack delete in my order because I didn't want to bug my dealer and thought it would be better to confirm the oft-cited confusing double negative/positive (black pack delete = yes) directly with Lotus. They apparently referred the call to my dealer who responded to me the very next day. And aside from the transition gap from the old GM to the new representative, Eurocar has ALWAYS responded to my inquires quickly, usually within the same day and sometimes within the hour, even if just to say they have no more information. Great experience in that regard so far. Maybe the difference between a smaller dealer and the larger ones. With that said, the Emira will be among the lowest priced cars that Eurocar deals in given their high end exotic inventory outside of Lotus.

sirringo

Reaction score
Boardwalk lotus just received their Emiras :)
Whoa - did you hear directly from Kyle/Tom?

I got my VIN from them last weekend but can't find it in any tracking sheet, so not sure whether I'm days, weeks, or months away...

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Whoa - did you hear directly from Kyle/Tom?

I got my VIN from them last weekend but can't find it in any tracking sheet, so not sure whether I'm days, weeks, or months away...
Nope I was calling in asking for either Tom or kyle this morning but the front desk says Tom and Kyle are literally moving the Emiras they just received lol

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I deal with Ray also, so far he's been great! Hopefully picking my car up early next week. :)
He's been great with me as well. For all the frustration that they've had to deal with on their end, they've been extremely communicative and really great to talk to, and that's credit to Ray.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, I’ve had all of two hours driving it, but honestly, and I’m a pretty critical guy, it’s like nothing else. The handling and road connection is just unmatched. It’s fun at low speeds with gearing requiring quick shifts that keep you involved (very annoying you have to switch to Sport mode every time you start the car though.). Lotus has made a shot across the bow of Porsche saying drivers don’t want all your heavy electronic steering cars with too many unpurchased options leaving glaring empty spaces in my dash. And they don’t want to pay extra for simpler “limited edition” manual versions with more angular looks.

The Emira has an absolutely excellent design all around interior and exterior. And feature wise it is a welcome throwback to pre-nanny era cars. Just enough luxury features but not too many. I think it’s a balanced wake up call to the world in general.

As far as negatives go: I’m used to much smoother shifters (in my BMW 135i and high school Honda Prelude Si) so I thought the old clunky shifter in the Emira would be it’s biggest drawback (which it is) but it keeps you involved and adds character and not as bad as I thought it would be. Also as expected the KEF stereo is crappy by today’s standards (we didn’t need a throwback on this), which is an annoyance.
Great review and congrats! I am so curious to try the manual! We are hearing feels like s2000, better than porsche and worse than a 135i. What’s one to believe? Surely there is a lot of subjectivity on preference for ”feel”.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Another data point for the NW folks:

Park Place in Bellevue just emailed 20 minutes ago informing me my FE2.0 was on a truck enroute to WA and should arrive next week. Ironically, I STILL haven't been given a VIN, so I asked them (for the third time) now that they can't deny my car exists...

They also offered XPEL and ceramic coatings for those interested.

Deposit: Dec 1st, 2021
Order: Aug 10th, 2023

VroomPop

Reaction score
Another data point for the NW folks:

Park Place in Bellevue just emailed 20 minutes ago informing me my FE2.0 was on a truck enroute to WA and should arrive next week. Ironically, I STILL haven't been given a VIN, so I asked them (for the third time) now that they can't deny my car exists...

They also offered XPEL and ceramic coatings for those interested.

Deposit: Dec 1st, 2021
Order: Aug 10th, 2023
Too funny. I've heard no such thing about my FE 1.0 that landed on 3/29. I did send an email to make sure I know how much to bring to pay then called yesterday. Even talked to someone who said they'd let me know. Crickets. This process is wild!

VroomPop

Reaction score
Too funny. I've heard no such thing about my FE 1.0 that landed on 3/29. I did send an email to make sure I know how much to bring to pay then called yesterday. Even talked to someone who said they'd let me know. Crickets. This process is wild!
I just called. Not the next truck but maybe the one after...? I'll just enjoy the reviews here while I wait. Also should drive the cars I'll be neglecting when the Emira gets here 😜

Last edited:

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Dear Diary,

Day 1015…will this thread hit 666 before I have my car?

Attachments

• IMG_2118.png
    IMG_2118.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0731.jpeg
    IMG_0731.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 41

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Great review and congrats! I am so curious to try the manual! We are hearing feels like s2000, better than porsche and worse than a 135i. What’s one to believe? Surely there is a lot of subjectivity on preference for ”feel”.
I didnt love it on my test drive. Owned Miata, RX7 and Honda Accords. Hard to beat those. Also had a clunky Viper and Ferrari 348. Id put Emira somewhere between the Japanese boxes and these 2.

LotusNewbie

Reaction score
i wonder what the process is. seems like mayhem. cars from 3/29 and 4/7 and even earlier just sitting at the port. no clear process for which ones get picked up first, etc.

martinot

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i wonder what the process is. seems like mayhem. cars from 3/29 and 4/7 and even earlier just sitting at the port. no clear process for which ones get picked up first, etc.
Yes. Correct. I just talked to my sales guy he said there is like 700 Emira cars in the container and they are just taking what's in front of them. there is no system or process. It's disorganized Chaos. I'm #3 at my dealership and later deposit holders are getting their cars before me. Astonishing!

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes. Correct. I just talked to my sales guy he said there is like 700 Emira cars in the container and they are just taking what's in front of them. there is no system or process. It's disorganized Chaos. I'm #3 at my dealership and later deposit holders are getting their cars before me. Astonishing!
Yup, my dealers #2 car is MIA and they’ve got some #50s or something like that lol. FE2s before FE1s sounded like a bad joke while we were waiting on CARB but everything that’s possible is likely with Lotus LOL.

24EmiraUS

Reaction score
With all the trash talk I have done on here, I hope not. Lol

But seriously, my dealer has been really good. Not much updates but they have always contacted me when they had news. Ray at Summit NJ Lotus is a top notch sales guy. Definitely one of the better ones I have dealt with. I am not just saying this because I want him to deliver my car ASAP.
I’ve been working with Ray. He has been straight up the whole time. Deff recommend the guy.

ameeriklane

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
And your dealer is?

Gator. Quote from their email dated 3/15/24:

I know many, if not most of you, have contacted us over the last week or two, and our current
reality is that we cannot keep up with the influx of inquiries and deliver Emira to
customers at the same time.

RTM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Eagle7, when you get your car (or at least after 1,000 break-in miles 😁), it would be great to get together with others in the SeaTac area for a drive. The car is amazing, and it has been fun taking it out on some of the roads up on the peninsula. I’ve already met some other great local Emira fans who noticed it sitting in the driveway. Will plan to be at Griots Caffeine and Gasoline in May.
That sounds like a fun idea.

Long time lurker on the forum, have found it incredibly helpful given the near radio silence of updates.

Deposit placed in July 21 at Park Place (Bellevue WA), order confirmed May 22

FE1.0 - Dark Verdant, Touring, tan leather, diamond cut wheels with yellow calipers and let's see how the double negative privacy glass turns up :)