USA/Canada Delivery Thread

3A3968M

Reaction score
The NYC offload is likely actually Newark. The "Port of New York & New Jersey" has most of their auto facility on the NJ side. Newark has the big RoRo terminal:
View attachment 40002

Here's the layout from the Port of NY website, you can see the tip of Manhattan on the upper right for context:
View attachment 40004

More detail on the specific services at the port for auto offload:

[edit] I thought they still used the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal for some of this stuff but it's apparently no longer used for some reason. Logistics from there by ground are probably harder?
[edit] Oh wow, they've repurposed it to become an offshore wind logistics/staging terminal for building massive offshore wind farms. That's crazy. https://www.empirewind.com/2024/02/01/south-brooklyn-marine-terminal-design-approval/

Looking at satellite maps... NY/NJ looks more geared to Auto dispatching than Norfolk. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Like you said... it's all guesswork at this moment.
My BMW were always offloaded in the Elizabeth/Newark port. But BMW uses Wallenius Wilhelmsen to ship their cars.

saknibs

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It is perplexing that no Emiras have been loaded and delivered since the CARB approval date of 2/29. The last Emiras to arrive were loaded on the Atlantic Sail on 2/26, and unloaded on 3/9. So this Saturday will make three weeks since any Emira deliveries. I expected the floodgates to open after CARB approval, but there has been nothing. I know some have heard their cars are "on a ship" and hopefully they will be on the next one coming in. Fingers crossed that next one has a couple hundred Emiras!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Im old enough to remember when the Emira passed CARB certification... (he said patiently waiting for his car in California...)
1711674945543.jpeg

B r I a n

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It is perplexing that no Emiras have been loaded and delivered since the CARB approval date of 2/29. The last Emiras to arrive were loaded on the Atlantic Sail on 2/26, and unloaded on 3/9. So this Saturday will make three weeks since any Emira deliveries. I expected the floodgates to open after CARB approval, but there has been nothing. I know some have heard their cars are "on a ship" and hopefully they will be on the next one coming in. Fingers crossed that next one has a couple hundred Emiras!
Maybe they are waiting for the CARB website to be updated :)

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well apparently I'm getting my car next week... fingers crossed! It's en-route to the dealer now via transport, so if I'm super lucky it's Saturday, otherwise probably Monday/Tuesday.
When did you receive your vin?

ameeriklane

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wonder how that transportation will be carried out... hopefully hauled and not driven.

I'm sure they will use car hauler trucks that can hold many cars at once for efficiency purposes. My friend ships containers out of Newport News on a regular basis, and their big issue is finding a truck to transport the containers from their warehouse to the port. He's had containers miss their ship due to lack of drivers. They don't do enough volume where it's worth having their own driver on staff.

But... throwing this much demand for car hauler trucks and drivers is going to be tough, since it's not only Lotus who will be doing this, and the other manufacturers with much more volume probably have more clout with their suppliers.

Or is rail a possibility for this type of need?

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In the general search field
Oh odd, that’s where I tried a VIN that was on Nova’s list and nothing came up, I’ll try mine haha (Although had been told no Canadian cars would be on it).

Last edited: