• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

neonate

Reaction score
To that point: when I sat in a v6 auto with red leather interior two weeks ago I noticed the leather steering wheel had contrasting red stitching. It really popped, looked great. After placing my manual FE order with black leather steering wheel I asked the dealer if I could order the wheel with contrasting yellow stitching. I was told no dice.
Now with the “new” (to me) configuration website I see you can only option a leather steering wheel with contrasting color stitching with an automatic transmission. Has this always been the case? If so why?!?
Sorry if previously discussed.
Yes, that is correct. Mine is Auto V6 and I was able to order black leather with contract red stitching. That option was not available for manual for some reason. Oct 21 deposit, Aug 23 order, Delivery -some time....... not soon!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree, it was free I thought back in 2021? When I placed my 1.0 order I thought there was only 2 options that had price increases.

EDIT: I never wanted Alcantara, but went back and checked the spec sheet and it may have always been a cost upgrade.

Weird, I ordered March 5th, 2022 and I suspect the majority of the earliest of the Lotus order submission dates for US were around then and the alcantara steering wheel was a $530 option.

I'm talking about a real order with an approved submission id and not some reservation/interest form.

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Weird, I ordered March 5th, 2022 and I suspect the majority of the earliest of the Lotus order submission dates for US were around then and the alcantara steering wheel was a $530 option.

I'm talking about a real order with an approved submission id and not some reservation/interest form.
Yes, looking at the spec sheet I believe it was always a cost option. I placed my order 5/14/22, confirmed by Lotus 5/16/22, never wanted that option so never paid attention to it.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
On a Facebook forum I am member of, a salesman at a reputable lotus dealer posted the following:

“All US cars received a software update when they first arrived at dealers weeks/months ago. Lotus didn’t elaborate on what the update entailed. The latest communication instructed dealers to verify all cars had received the update, not a new/additional update.

From my understanding, this addressed issues discovered on earlier production cars, not necessarily related to emissions.”

So it appears that the software update is not “detuning” the car or anything like that. I imagine it was a software patch to fix the issues that other members were experiencing.

BobbyG

Reaction score
On a Facebook forum I am member of, a salesman at a reputable lotus dealer posted the following:

“All US cars received a software update when they first arrived at dealers weeks/months ago. Lotus didn’t elaborate on what the update entailed. The latest communication instructed dealers to verify all cars had received the update, not a new/additional update.

From my understanding, this addressed issues discovered on earlier production cars, not necessarily related to emissions.”

So it appears that the software update is not “detuning” the car or anything like that. I imagine it was a software patch to fix the issues that other members were experiencing.
I was hoping that could be the case and a great relief If true.

My blood pressure just went down significantly.😊

Last edited:

WindJunkie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I did some searching around and can't seem to find it... can anyone share what the weight of the black ultra-lightweight forged wheels are? Coming off a 2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition with 20 inch forged aluminum wheels from the factory, I am curious how they compare in the Emira's black forged wheels. Thanks

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I did some searching around and can't seem to find it... can anyone share what the weight of the black ultra-lightweight forged wheels are? Coming off a 2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition with 20 inch forged aluminum wheels from the factory, I am curious how they compare in the Emira's black forged wheels. Thanks
Check the Stock Wheels thread

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This thread will undoubtedly reach 500 plus page only because at least 40% of the pages are totally of topic and have nothing to do with Canada / USA delivery thread. Just my opinion.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Front 8.5x20 +57 11.5kg

Rear 10.5x20 +54 13.5kg

5x114.3 68.1CB

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So to keep things back on topic… when CARB is good to go… (SOON😂) are you getting your car delivered or picking it up? I’m getting mine delivered because I don’t want to “waste” 250 miles on a crappy trip. Dallas to houston is one of the most BORING road trip I’ve ever had to make … but then again… I might get impatient and get an Uber to drop me off from Houston to Dallas the minute we get word from CARB 😂😂

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So to keep things back on topic… when CARB is good to go… (SOON😂) are you getting your car delivered or picking it up? I’m getting mine delivered because I don’t want to “waste” 250 miles on a crappy trip. Dallas to houston is one of the most BORING road trip I’ve ever had to make … but then again… I might get impatient and get an Uber to drop me off from Houston to Dallas the minute we get word from CARB 😂😂
Driving to the dealer and checking the car out and paying for it. Haven't decided if I am going to trailer it back or have them ship it. I think around 600-700 miles away is the dealer. Will be a fun little trip

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer today (California Oct.2021 2.0 deposit). They said I have a VIN which surprised me as I wasnt sure car waa built. Said they had VINs for all cars except automatics. Couldn't say for sure if car was stateside or still in UK. Good news is I should get quickly after (If) passes CARB. I wasnt expecting until late Q2.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm considering having it shipped the 220 miles home after I look it over and pay mostly because I think the PPF people I think I can trust more are here in my town.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
BTJ on X: Do you want to know what the 5 stages of Mica grief are ...

Stage 6: The Smoke 👏
Just give us our cars already you fucking morons lol.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Delivered, because I ordered it in CA when I lived there and thought I would still be living there. I would drive it home except I don't want to pay to register it there, and I won't have had time to PPF it.

BobbyG

Reaction score
I'm considering having it shipped the 220 miles home after I look it over and pay mostly because I think the PPF people I think I can trust more are here in my town.
St Louis Auto Detail does great work on paint correction, ceramic, ppf, etc.

The shop is 5 minutes from Holman.

If you go in the shop, you’ll see exotics from most manufacturers being worked on by really high quality people.

Ask for Steve or Matt (the owner).

My Emira is going there for the full treatment before coming home.