USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Oh my, the carb state delivery drama just won’t end. I got THE CALL on Tuesday. I didn't recognize the number but saw it was from the town my dealer, Lotus of Long Island, was in and answered “I hope this is the call I’ve been waiting two and a half years for.” They laughed and said my car would be there the next day and I could likely take delivery on Friday. Then it was a day late to be delivered to them and we agreed on Saturday. Now they just called and said Lotus hadn’t sent them the title so they couldn’t sell it but would get title on Monday. I begged for use of their test drive license plate on Saturday/Sunday but no dice. They are saying Monday now and I still might be first delivery in New York state, but we’ll see…

Oh my, the carb state delivery drama just won’t end. I got THE CALL on Tuesday. I didn't recognize the number but saw it was from the town my dealer, Lotus of Long Island, was in and answered “I hope this is the call I’ve been waiting two and a half years for.” They laughed and said my car would be there the next day and I could likely take delivery on Friday. Then it was a day late to be delivered to them and we agreed on Saturday. Now they just called and said Lotus hadn’t sent them the title so they couldn’t sell it but would get title on Monday. I begged for use of their test drive license plate on Saturday/Sunday but no dice. They are saying Monday now and I still might be first delivery in New York state, but we’ll see…
Thats false. Mine was sold without a title. I still dont have a title, I got the MSO and take THAT to the DMV and get the title. I got the MSO about 3-4 weeks after I paid for it.

Mine arrive 11584 on 3/29 and is on the way to my dealer in NY. I should see it 4/22

I got mine no title. Received the title 4 weeks after in the mail.
In TX you get paper plate before you get the ones issued by the state.
So not sure if your dealer is giving you the runaround. Did you go see the car

Similar to me, I'm in Rochester NY
I got the call today that my car would be here on Monday 4/15 and ready to go. But later in the day I got an updated call about the car will not be ready for pickup due to waiting for paperwork from Lotus and update the carb emissions standards.

Now pickup will be 4/22, so another week to wait.

Thats false. Mine was sold without a title. I still dont have a title, I got the MSO and take THAT to the DMV and get the title. I got the MSO about 3-4 weeks after I paid for it.
FYI the MSO is the origin "title". That's what the dealer is referring to.

Thanks. I’m hoping to hear news about V6 autos. Lotus talk has one member who confirmed he has an automatic being built currently
I’m being told from my dealer that my auto is being built in “early July” with an expected delivery in September or October

Yeah but I was still sold my vehicle without it. Dealer gave me a 45 day temp tag.
Interesting. I would need the MSO/Title if I were to take delivery, as my state begins to charge hefty interest on the sales tax starting 20 days or so after date on the bill of sale, depending on when in the month the purchase happened. No MSO, and you can't register or pay the tax.

Whoever is 1532, your car is at the Summit dealer, mine is 1531 still somewhere between Newark and Baltimore.

@Nova is that yours?
Nope, not mine. I'm not sure if mine is at the dealer yet. It left Baltimore a couple of days ago. Most likely it'll be available for pickup sometime in the next week and I'll maybe make a trip up there next weekend.