USA/Canada Delivery Thread

IMO that is totally stupid to pay that much over.
But I guess there are folks out there that are desperate to get the FE.1 and pay $20k over msrp
I’ll flip mine for 20k over
Nah I’m keeping it but at $30k over I’m a flipper 🤔

If someone were to offer me 25k over for my FE 1.0 Emira I would gladly sell it. EASY MONEY.

Hopefully if true, it will be as easy as removing a solid replacement filler plate and leave it fully exposed.

Based on the service manual it’s a few hours of work to get there. It involves removing the lower dash trim, hvac controls, glovebox, both seats, taking apart a good bit of the upper center console to get at the lower center console.

Let’s instead hope that dealer doesn’t know what they’re talking about :)

From My Dealer "Just need to pass the Carb Certification as the letter mentions. We are a Carb dealer, so we will not receive the vehicles until completed. Other dealers that are in EPA states, they will receive their vehicles, but they cannot sell it until completed. "

Also, mentioned my V6 manual FE 2.0 is still on target for the April 2024 timeframe.

CARB states include California, Connecticut, Colorado, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington.
Are they saying that some cars will be staying at the port for 2 months while others will be shipped off depending on which state they're being sold in? Seems like unnecessarily confusing logistics when no cars can be sold until CARB passes anyways...

I'm in Miami and received an email from the dealer (local) about my car being on a ship, and expect delivery mid/late Jan once CARB. Anyone else in Miami??

Are they saying that some cars will be staying at the port for 2 months while others will be shipped off depending on which state they're being sold in? Seems like unnecessarily confusing logistics when no cars can be sold until CARB passes anyways...
It makes sense to deliver the non-carb cars earlier because it reduces storage costs for Lotus and the delay for delivering cars once CARB is approved.

That is how I understand it.

My money is on the sales rep having seen only the automatic.
For what it's worth:
The FE original configurator which many ordered from
clearly listed Open Manual gear change mechanism
With mesh grill.
See image.
Screenshot_20231202-212047_Gallery.jpg

Honestly , not sure how much access one would get in there , I would rather it be covered rather than become a dust trap that you cant clean behind the mesh.

I wonder who foots the bill for port storage…If Lotus, then I understand having the dealers take the cars (especially where the dealer is not in a CARB state).

They probably assume American drivers are so gluttonous that they can't help but eat food that will inevitably drop from our thick sausage like fingers - passing through the mesh and getting lodged in the gear change mechanism creating uncalculated liability/warranty issues.

That's my guess anyway.:LOL:
Hey, not like the UK doesn't have an obesity problem!

For what it's worth:
The FE original configurator which many ordered from
clearly listed Open Manual gear change mechanism
With mesh grill.
See image.
View attachment 33961
If it turns out that they've begun playing games with the spec sheet for the US market, then everything on that list needs to be checked. A prime risk item on the bill of materials would be the Alcantara headliner and A pillar trim.

Do we know if this first round of cars to land in the US includes dealer demos?

Sorry if I missed it in the pervious 273 pages...

In the past that is what has been communicated to dealers for the last 2 years but we don’t know if that’s honestly the case anymore.