Update on the full Larini V6 exhaust system

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Thanks - I'm out of the country next week, but would love to have a listen when I'm back! I'm based in Petersfield so not that far. Sorry to hear you're thinking of selling!
Yeah, give me a shout. Doubt it will sell quickly - even though it might well be the best Emira out there now. I'd like to keep it forever but I really want to stick to my overall plans.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
if it wasnt for your video I wouldnt even know they had it for sell. they really need to fix up their website.

iv watched that video like 20 times already its now a ritual :)

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Those interested need to send them an enquiry in the first instance.
I will try and get the link to the actual european retailer.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
if it wasnt for your video I wouldnt even know they had it for sell. they really need to fix up their website.

iv watched that video like 20 times already its now a ritual :)
Ha. great stuff. Which bit/bits do you like best?

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I skip around and only rewatch the drive-bys and interior audio example
Same here! That bit accelerating out of Maranello Ferrari is epic.
My big problem, as usual, is that I have nobody to drive my car so I can bloody hear it myself!! :D

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, give me a shout. Doubt it will sell quickly - even though it might well be the best Emira out there now. I'd like to keep it forever but I really want to stick to my overall plans.
Ade have you had any interest in your Emira sale ad as yet ……probably this time of year sports cars sales slow I would imagine. good luck with your sale

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nope.
Yeah, crap time.
Certainly not worried about it. I do have sell either this, the Porsche or the integrale, and probably two of them. The last to go stays and I actually hope it is the Emira. Of course, I would MUCH rather keep it forever. It is still getting better and better.

The exhaust is bedding in and the notes are incredible. I reckon it has not reached its peak yet.
I swear the car is faster.

Thank god it does not have the Pops and Bangs as that is being clamped down on.

clonalejandro

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nope.
Yeah, crap time.
Certainly not worried about it. I do have sell either this, the Porsche or the integrale, and probably two of them. The last to go stays and I actually hope it is the Emira. Of course, I would MUCH rather keep it forever. It is still getting better and better.

The exhaust is bedding in and the notes are incredible. I reckon it has not reached its peak yet.
I swear the car is faster.

Thank god it does not have the Pops and Bangs as that is being clamped down on.
Doesn't the Larini exhaust produce more Pops and Bangs?

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
No. Just makes the existing exit warble a bit louder and clearer and perhaps a tad longer.
It is a very pleasant sound, not hard or harsh.
Nothing like the boy racer stuff, or that heard on the Jag F-Type.

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not trying to be an a-hole, but I suspect the mods will make it more difficult to sell.

What impact do they have on warranty?
There seems to be no clear answer on this yet.

Regardless, considering you’ve been so enthusiastic about the car, to now be so desperate to flip it so as to buy something else smacks of YouTube views being more important than actually owning and driving the car.

Nothing personal or a criticism, just an observation on society as much as anything else. Good luck to you if that’s how it is.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I mean it's literally a pretty personal criticism, Steve. I get what you're trying to go for, but you could have phrased this pretty differently. I'd recommend either a do-over, or a delete.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I suspect the mods will make it more difficult to sell.
You might be right. If it comes to a Lambo/Ferrari or most other sports cars, for me, I would want one that had the exhaust upgraded as I just love the aural aspect of a car.
Others will be different and the concern about the warranty is valid.
It will almost 100% certainly invalidate the warranty IF the issue is related to power, transmission or perhaps even the ECU.
I do offer the standard set-up and let the buyer sell the Larini system for a few K.

considering you’ve been so enthusiastic about the car, to now be so desperate to flip it so as to buy something else smacks of YouTube views being more important than actually owning and driving the car.
Ooh, yeah, a bit harsh.
I LOVE this Emira. I'd have to spend a lot more money on a supercar to get anywhere near it.
I do NOT wish to sell it at all. Fabulous, fabulous car.

Flipping? I have put 5000 miles on it and will lose about £8000!

However, my reason for perhaps selling is well documented below.
Life is short and, as a mad car enthusiast, I am minded to own my favourite cars ever.
One , two or all of my cars have to go to achieve buying the Aventador is SLS.
If I sell the integrale and Carrera GT then I would really like to keep the Emira. It's my daily and every journey is special.

In an ideal world, I would keep the Emira and integrale and just flirt around with the cheaper cars on my list - this is something I am considering as to part with Emmy or Inty is very depressing.

YouTube - I lose about £500 a month on it. It is just a hobby I enjoy and a legacy for my children to watch.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Can't see you selling
Any of them to be honest not unless your willing to take a big hit. Market is on its arse.

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You might be right. If it comes to a Lambo/Ferrari or most other sports cars, for me, I would want one that had the exhaust upgraded as I just love the aural aspect of a car.
Others will be different and the concern about the warranty is valid.
It will almost 100% certainly invalidate the warranty IF the issue is related to power, transmission or perhaps even the ECU.
I do offer the standard set-up and let the buyer sell the Larini system for a few K.

Ooh, yeah, a bit harsh.
I LOVE this Emira. I'd have to spend a lot more money on a supercar to get anywhere near it.
I do NOT wish to sell it at all. Fabulous, fabulous car.

Flipping? I have put 5000 miles on it and will lose about £8000!

However, my reason for perhaps selling is well documented below.
Life is short and, as a mad car enthusiast, I am minded to own my favourite cars ever.
One , two or all of my cars have to go to achieve buying the Aventador is SLS.
If I sell the integrale and Carrera GT then I would really like to keep the Emira. It's my daily and every journey is special.

In an ideal world, I would keep the Emira and integrale and just flirt around with the cheaper cars on my list - this is something I am considering as to part with Emmy or Inty is very depressing.

YouTube - I lose about £500 a month on it. It is just a hobby I enjoy and a legacy for my children to watch.

Thanks for the well thought out response. My comments weren't meant to be a personal attack - like others I've watched and enjoyed your journey.

People are a little too quick to be offended these days, IMO (usually on someone else's behalf).
I guess I'm just a straight talker.

For some context, one of my mates here is a serial Porsche flipper.
He has some great contacts within Porsche and has managed to get every single one of the "hard to get" cars in the last ten years. Multiple GT3s, GT3RS's, GT4s, whatever the one is that is a GT3 but toned down (he's had two of those and another one arriving in the next month or two), plus several others I've forgotten (I'm not really a Porsche guy).

In every case, he drives them for a few months, then flips them.
He's made hundreds of thousands of $ doing this.
And, good luck to him. It is what it is.
That doesn't mean he's not passionate about the cars, but it is a different way of looking at car ownership than the way I do.

If I buy a car that I've desired for a long time and when I finally get it I love it, the idea of moving it on quickly in order to get something else or make a few bucks just seems strange. But again, that's just me.

I asked re the mods because personal mods make sense if you're going to keep the car for a long time (as I am). A virtually new modded car may be a difficult sell, IMO.
But if the original parts come with the car, that negates the issue somewhat.

Anyway, good luck with the sale and thanks for your positive thoughts on the Emira, which I think is a superb car and a future classic.

Last edited:
OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ah yeah, Those Porsche owners on "The List" and somehow remain on the list.

It is indeed the way of the world.

I am 50% freakin' jealous and 50% annoyed.

Maybe in another 5 years I might become a proper YouTube and take part in that game :)

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ah yeah, Those Porsche owners on "The List" and somehow remain on the list.

It is indeed the way of the world.

I am 50% freakin' jealous and 50% annoyed.

Maybe in another 5 years I might become a proper YouTube and take part in that game :)
Same as the Ferrari, Hermes or Rolex story :)

For Hermes and Rolex, They dont sell you one because its only for loyal ‘old’ customers as they are affraid that people will buy and sell for premium.. but then again their same ‘old’ loyal customers do exactly what they dont wan’t.. but still keep them as a loyal customer? What a ffed up business is that.. same as the ferrari dealers.. you can buy pre owned first sir then after a few loyal years we might honour your request.. then you walk to X Motors showroom next door and they have all the models in every color possible to choose even more stock than ferrari dealer but ofcourse for a nice premium. Thats the way its heading to.. I truly believe these big brands are playing a mind game… to make us believe its so special… a metal watch for 10k+, a leather bag for 35k+ and a car for 300k+…