Update on the full Larini V6 exhaust system

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, 5 weeks later (!) I picked the car up today as I need it for a track day on Monday at Donnington (anybody going?)

Long story short.. Larini took everything off as they are waiting for a delayed part which is in connection with the valve.

This is the new manifold, sports cat replacement and back-box.

The car with must their sound-tuned back box made those burbles on the overrun much more pronounced, longer lasting and louder.
It also has a more tonderful scream at the top-end.

Not heard it with the manifold or sports cat on top of that but it promises to be amazing - a bit louder with valves and more of everything with the valves open.

I need to take the car back in a few weeks to get it all fitted - the silver lining here being that will then also have the carbon-fibre end-pipes which will look better than the alloy colour on my car since I blacked out the LOTUS lettering.
They will also spend more time on designing the interior of the back-box to even further improve the sound dynamics. THIS is where they stand-out in contrast to the vast majority of manufacturers who just want to make you a louder exhaust as the cost of harmonics.

So.. the video is still to be made but there are already some good sound and flybys done.

On another note - I did not have the car for well over a month.
Wow - what a car now it was run in and I gave it some real welly on the 2 hour trip home. I had forgotten how wicked it is around bends at speed.
Had a funny issue with the cruise control for the latter half but no biggie.
I had also forgotten how to operate the car - ha -even how to turn it off.
The other thing I forgot was the brake sharpness and clutchpoint. After 5 weeks of driving the Ferrari and C63, I must have looked like a right noob.

More uipdates when I have them. Some things are worth waiting for - I hope this is one of them!

Oh, and the manifold looked the nuts!

IMG-20230519-WA0030.jpeg

IMG-20230519-WA0028.jpeg

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is an outrage, and you shall be hearing from my attorneys!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Subscribed 🍿

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Can't believe you were without your car for 5 whole weeks! Did they quote you that long from the start, or did 1 week turn into 2 weeks, turn into 3 weeks, etc.?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, 5 weeks later (!) I picked the car up today as I need it for a track day on Monday at Donnington (anybody going?)

Long story short.. Larini took everything off as they are waiting for a delayed part which is in connection with the valve.

The car with must their sound-tuned back box made those burbles on the overrun much more pronounced, longer lasting and louder.

Not heard it with the manifold or sports cat on top of that but it promises to be amazing - a bit louder with valves and more of everything with the valves open.

I need to take the car back in a few weeks to get it all fitted - the silver lining here being that will then also have the carbon-fibre end-pipes which will look better than the alloy colour on my car since I blacked out the LOTUS lettering.
They will also spend more time on designing the interior of the back-box to even further improve the sound dynamics. THIS is where they stand-out in contrast to the vast majority of manufacturers who just want to make you a louder exhaust as the cost of harmonics.

So.. the video is still to be made but there are already some good sound and flybys done.

Wow - what a car now it was run in and I gave it some real welly on the 2 hour trip home. I had forgotten how wicked it is around bends at speed.
The other thing I forgot was the brake sharpness and clutchpoint. After 5 weeks of driving the Ferrari and C63, I must have looked like a right noob.

More uipdates when I have them. Some things are worth waiting for - I hope this is one of them!

View attachment 26754

View attachment 26755
Luv your dry sense of humour - the exhaust sound from the outside is Loud enough - so even louder you obviously like sounding like a n**b ( joke jokes ) can’t wait for the video - don’t roar it thro that lovely little village again lol

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The car looks awful.

Amazingly
Wonderful
For
Ultimate
Looks

Love that you’re doing all of this!

Also, side note, I think we should all have to go 5 weeks without our cars. Oh wait…

;) #ForTheDroolers

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Be really interesting to hear this, mines booked into PCW exhausts to have the original system modified in 4wks. (He's done 2x RS5's and a 911 for me.
modified???????????

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So just so other people dont run into the same issue...HOW do you turn it off? Just click the red button?

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
modified???????????
There's a guy I've used regularly that does great work. Takes the stock exhaust off, opens it up from the top, reworks the interior depending on what you want and then welds it back up so all back in place in the car it looks stock. Normally charges
£300-400 Depending on the work. He does a couple a day and Normally has a good 4/5mth waiting list

AndyVX

Reaction score

View attachment 26754

View attachment 26755
Any update on this? Any videos?

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nope - waiting to hear back for when I can take my car in to get it all fitted.

In the meantime, I will try and get details on the various options, and prices.
Looks to be a combination of manifold, sports cat, back-box and tips.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nope - waiting to hear back for when I can take my car in to get it all fitted.

In the meantime, I will try and get details on the various options, and prices.
Looks to be a combination of manifold, sports cat, back-box and tips.
Any updates reagarding Larini exhaust options? When will it be fitted to your car?

I had once a Larini exhaust on my VX220 Turbo / Speedster and it was the best sounding I remember. Fond memories.

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Keeping an eye on this, I absolutely love the sound of the Larini cat and backbox on my Exige.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
They are still waiting on a final part needed from Lotus and will then be able to fit all of the items. They have at least fabricated all of those.

I believe the part is related to the valve.