• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

kertong

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This. That is absolutely brutal. Personally I could not take delivery of the car if it had that kind of damage
same. i'm sorry to see this, @Nitro, must be crushing after this long of a wait. While I'm no paint expert, I'm pretty sure a "proper" fix of that roof gouge, short of taking it down to the bare metal and respraying it at the factory, would require an area there to be sanded, repainted and coated, then 'blended' into the rest of the roof - and any experienced painter/detailer will be able to spot the difference in texture and paint where the blending was done.

and even outside of the question of diminished value; after this long a wait, you should not have to compromise - the car you get should be perfect! this is awful, I hope you find a way to resolve this! Hopefully Galpin has some paths/options to offer you, please keep us updated!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
same. i'm sorry to see this, @Nitro, must be crushing after this long of a wait. While I'm no paint expert, I'm pretty sure a "proper" fix of that roof gouge, short of taking it down to the bare metal and respraying it at the factory, would require an area there to be sanded, repainted and coated, then 'blended' into the rest of the roof - and any experienced painter/detailer will be able to spot the difference in texture and paint where the blending was done.

and even outside of the question of diminished value; after this long a wait, you should not have to compromise - the car you get should be perfect! this is awful, I hope you find a way to resolve this! Hopefully Galpin has some paths/options to offer you, please keep us updated!
FYI it's not metal, the body panels are GFRP. I believe including the roof, though someone will hopefully correct me if I'm off on that.

Nitro

Reaction score

Yeah Galpin has been really nice and cooperative so far. I’ll keep you posted on what happens. The car hasn’t been prepped for delivery yet so I’m curious how they plan on handling it. I expect to be treated fairly.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Went to see my car at Galpin before pre delivery inspection. We noticed serious damage on the roof, likely scraped against something metal during transport. Sales rep said it will be repainted of course. Otherwise the car looked happy, i was worried the other Emiras would pick on her but they all seemed to get along. Spec is Vivid red over tan.
View attachment 42595View attachment 42596View attachment 42597

That's the attitude. Get it painted properly and ensure dealer does not use their insurance so it doesn't show on carfax. Get a couple of years of service or something in return. Enjoy the car. You will forget it got repainted in 15 days. Don't go down the victim route and suffering the process.

drjazzsk

Reaction score
Nice to see folks finally getting their Emiras!

I got mine last Friday, but when I posted it here it was waiting for moderator approval as I'm a new member, and by the time it was cleared it was several pages back. So here's another pic of mine when I took delivery :)

and a quick iphone video of some gentle driving to hear the exhaust/blower:
View attachment 42569
View attachment 42568
View attachment 42570
looks like the same specs as the one I'm getting eventually. Nice!!!

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's the attitude. Get it painted properly and ensure dealer does not use their insurance so it doesn't show on carfax. Get a couple of years of service or something in return. Enjoy the car. You will forget it got repainted in 15 days. Don't go down the victim route and suffering the process.
My thoughts exactly, especially on the "throw in some free services...".

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This happens all the time, usually the manufacturer fixes these things at arrival at port. I know at least Porsche at the port of Halifax as a team that repairs "transit issues" prior to shipping to dealer. You would never have known it happened. Still sucks that you had to see it...

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Finally picked up my car yesterday!!!

Alright its been real bye.

20240502_114806.jpg

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah Galpin has been really nice and cooperative so far. I’ll keep you posted on what happens. The car hasn’t been prepped for delivery yet so I’m curious how they plan on handling it. I expect to be treated fairly.
Major discount

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Any sense on how fast the overall queue is being cleared? Hard to tell from here because so many individual stories of either delivery/still waiting. Wondering if dealers are now “caught up” or still backlogged for weeks.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Any sense on how fast the overall queue is being cleared? Hard to tell from here because so many individual stories of either delivery/still waiting. Wondering if dealers are now “caught up” or still backlogged for weeks.
One data point. Galpin received a car on 4/7 and is expecting it to land in Los Angeles in 1-2 weeks

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
One data point. Galpin received a car on 4/7 and is expecting it to land in Los Angeles in 1-2 weeks
But even after it arrives - my understanding is some people are still waiting weeks from that period because the dealers are so backlogged.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
But even after it arrives - my understanding is some people are still waiting weeks from that period because the dealers are so backlogged.
My car landed at Lotus Orange County last Friday and I picked it up Tuesday. They had 6 cars land

Livinglegend

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
4500 in Montreal
Hello dealer in canada is charging freight charges of $3400 in the msrp charges plus another $5000 of freight & pdi as dealer options and charges for a total of $8400 plus taxes... Is this normal?
Does everybody else have 2 separate freight charges on their invoice/sticker??

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello dealer in canada is charging freight charges of $3400 in the msrp charges plus another $5000 of freight & pdi as dealer options and charges for a total of $8400 plus taxes... Is this normal?
Does everybody else have 2 separate freight charges on their invoice/sticker??
Not normal and it makes no sense.