Update on the full Larini V6 exhaust system

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I noticed the decat/3rd cat delete pipe has openings for lambda probes. I don't see any in the stock pipe with the cat. Did you just plug those ports? I don't think the Milltek alternative has those bungs either.

1698859322166.png

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You did a great job in the video comparison outside and inside the car with drive bys and all that. Good job with the mic work too and not blowing out the sound. I like the exhaust sound a lot and would consider it myself now. Only thing i’d counter is I don’t think it sounds like a v12 at all or that wasn’t picked up on the mics — but that’s fine by me — it isn’t one lol!
You need to come out in it with me!
Whatever it sounds like on YouTube, you can be sure it pales into rubbishness when enjoyed live.

Reactions: ADC
OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sounds great - my only worry would be whether or not it drones at motorway cruising speeds. The slow tour mode inside sounded pretty droney? In sound it reminds me a bit of the titanium exhaust Larini designed for the 111R. B&C had it on their yellow sports racer for a while but had to take it off - it sounded truly epic, but the drone was so bad you wanted to take a drill to your own temple after 20 minutes!

Would be really interested to hear feedback around that. FYI - I had the 2bular "road" valved system on my V6 roadster which was basically straight-through when the valve was open. That sounded amazing, but didn't have as much character as the larini in that vid - it didn't drone at all though.
People have different tolerances to droning. It would only ever be MY opinion on this.
For me, it was an uplift of about 5 to 10%, which is fine to still hear the 'poor' stereo.
It was non-consequential - to me - given the pay-offs of Larini's work on this, in general.
Indeed, when cruising at motorway speeds, the new bass nuance from tickling the accelerator makes this worry redundantfor me, but those who wish to have a quieter car......

If you are near me. then happy to take you on the A3/M25 and get a 2nd impression.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
omfg that sounds phenomenal :love:

100% buy for me. no doubt in my mind. im favoriting that video and gunna rewatch it over and over and over while I wait to experience it myself
Ha. I am lucky enough to keep hearing it on my daily drive to work.,
Even then.. I get excited when I watch some of the video sements.

I let somebody else drive it briefly...

Jeezuz. What a SOUND!! I could hear him over half a mile away, in a good way, like when you know a Lamboghini is about to appear arround the corner.

I always got attention but I have noticed that people are already looking around as I appear around a bend unseen. :D

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I noticed the decat/3rd cat delete pipe has openings for lambda probes. I don't see any in the stock pipe with the cat. Did you just plug those ports? I don't think the Milltek alternative has those bungs either.

View attachment 33033

This is likely for cross compatibility with a full on race exhaust that includes new headers. I forgot who had plans for this type of exhaust but I remember seeing it a while back.

In this unreleased exhaust you would make new headers for the V6 and remove the integrated primary cats from the headers. Instead the headers would join together and see a singular low cell count catalytic converter with the oxygen sensor cables lengthened and relocated from the headers down to right after the singular catalytic converter.

You can then run this same cat delete pipe on 3 types of exhausts:
1. OEM like exhaust where it just deletes the secondary cat with the oxygen sensor ports capped.
2. Race headers with only 1 catalytic converter at the collector with the oxygen sensor ports plugged into the OEM ports.
3.) Race headers without any catalytic converter at all with the oxygen sensor ports capped.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is likely for cross compatibility with a full on race exhaust that includes new headers. I forgot who had plans for this type of exhaust but I remember seeing it a while back.

In this unreleased exhaust you would make new headers for the V6 and remove the integrated primary cats from the headers. Instead the headers would join together and see a singular low cell count catalytic converter with the oxygen sensor cables lengthened and relocated from the headers down to right after the singular catalytic converter.

You can then run this same cat delete pipe on 3 types of exhausts:
1. OEM like exhaust where it just deletes the secondary cat with the oxygen sensor ports capped.
2. Race headers with only 1 catalytic converter at the collector with the oxygen sensor ports plugged into the OEM ports.
3.) Race headers without any catalytic converter at all with the oxygen sensor ports capped.
Larini actually offers this for the Evora:

1698868992456.png

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is part of the problem Larini had I think.
They had my car for 5 weeks and did create the manifold, completely decatted, on my car.
However, there is an issue with something (I believe electronic) whish has needed some part from Lotus, who obviously are not playing ball.

Possibly not worth going for the manifold without having access to the ECU to remap everything for maximum gains.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I love obnoxiously loud exhaust on exotic cars so this really means something when I say this:
I would be super worried about it being too loud with the manifold upgrade as well.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I love obnoxiously loud exhaust on exotic cars so this really means something when I say this: I would be super worried about it being too loud with the manifold upgrade as well.
Yes... it will be UNLESS Larini have done further magic with their overall tuning.

The exhaust is stone cold and new. Give it a few months, like how the stock exhaust improved, and it could ne multiple eargasms.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Alas, putting it up for sale (bad timing given the over-supply surpressing values) but need to crack on with my plans. If my Porsche or integrale sells first I will keep the Emira. I do love it - a lot. I will certainly regret selling it as it is now a masterpiece.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, was waiting for the exhaust to be done to help cover the depreciation hit.
Hopefully, another of mu cars sell first as the Emira is almost unbeatable.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, was waiting for the exhaust to be done to help cover the depreciation hit.
Hopefully, another of mu cars sell first as the Emira is almost unbeatable.

The only way the PPF and exhaust might offset the depreciation of the car, is if you got them for free.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
👍 Aye.
Will put up tonight. Must be the fastest, lightest best soundunf Emira out there but it is a tough market.
I'll likely flick it on for 'until sold' and wack the price up when I do t need to sell it there and then.
At dome ooibt I have to sell it to afford the Aventador or SLS on my list

DsDetective

Reaction score
People have different tolerances to droning. It would only ever be MY opinion on this.
For me, it was an uplift of about 5 to 10%, which is fine to still hear the 'poor' stereo.
It was non-consequential - to me - given the pay-offs of Larini's work on this, in general.
Indeed, when cruising at motorway speeds, the new bass nuance from tickling the accelerator makes this worry redundantfor me, but those who wish to have a quieter car......

If you are near me. then happy to take you on the A3/M25 and get a 2nd impression.
Thanks - I'm out of the country next week, but would love to have a listen when I'm back! I'm based in Petersfield so not that far. Sorry to hear you're thinking of selling!