UK refunds following cancellation

Reaction score
I’m another cancellation I’m afraid. Like many in Sep 2022, my i4 order went back to August 2023 delivery. I was fed up and decided to look for my dream car. Not long after I had an almost perfectly specced R8 V10+ with 6,300 miles on In my garage. I feel like I’m in supercar heaven. I can’t wait for the better weather to come. I kept the Emira deposit down until last week when I finally sent the cancellation email. I still have my exige 410 but I will probably list it for sale in the spring.
Lotus have refunded the £3000 but I haven’t received the first £2000 deposit yet. Is this normal?
I still love the Lotus brand and the exige s3’s. I may even have a look at the Emira again in 2 or 3 years.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m another cancellation I’m afraid. Like many in Sep 2022, my i4 order went back to August 2023 delivery. I was fed up and decided to look for my dream car. Not long after I had an almost perfectly specced R8 V10+ with 6,300 miles on In my garage. I feel like I’m in supercar heaven. I can’t wait for the better weather to come. I kept the Emira deposit down until last week when I finally sent the cancellation email. I still have my exige 410 but I will probably list it for sale in the spring.
Lotus have refunded the £3000 but I haven’t received the first £2000 deposit yet. Is this normal?
I still love the Lotus brand and the exige s3’s. I may even have a look at the Emira again in 2 or 3 years.
I received both my deposit refunds the same day, one for £3000 and another transaction for £2000.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did you pay the two deposits on different cards? Are they both still active and have the same expiry date as when you placed the deposit?

They will refund as two separate transactions and I’ve heard of them sometimes being a couple of days apart. If the card details have changed since deposit then you’ll need to go through an extra step with LCC.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You could try Boombang’s formal complaint text from the post above in an email to LCC. I expect that will get it unblocked.

Reaction score
Did you pay the two deposits on different cards? Are they both still active and have the same expiry date as when you placed the deposit?

They will refund as two separate transactions and I’ve heard of them sometimes being a couple of days apart. If the card details have changed since deposit then you’ll need to go through an extra step with LCC.
Thanks for that Tom. It was the same card. I’ll give it a few days to see what happens.

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Did you get anywhere with this? Have you just been calling/chasing the normal CS staff? I'm 18 working days in and still no refund. Chased today and just get the usual fobbing off "we need to pass this to our finance team". Unreal.
Nope. I chased them on Fri and they replied promptly on Fri saying it will be processed and issued the same day (yes, passed onto the accounts team :)). Still not reached my credit card - cannot take this long - they are just sitting on it. It is 26 working days and counting ...

To add insult to injury, I got my 'protect and enhance' email today in anticipation of the delivery of my Emira :rolleyes: I have half a mind to just take delivery now. Lotus seems to do a great and consistent job of missing the low expectations I have of them.

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Refund received today - 9 working days after my email so all good. Collecting Vantage Saturday ! All very sad really

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
After a lot of chasing, managed to get the initial £2k back yesterday. Still waiting for the remaining £3k. Feels like Lotus is holding onto my money as long as they can.

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Refund update - still not got my remaining £3k back. Just called LCC - just tons of beauracracy. Cannot check on the call; need it in writing. Will then check and get back to you. And said - this has never happened before :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So far, 1.5 months and multiple phone calls and all I have is a brick wall. And never a proactive call if they have a problem. Definitely not a business I want to give my custom to - glad I cancelled.

Wake

Reaction score
Officially cancelled 21 Feb, received my refund (both 2k & 3k) this morning. Feeling quite sad about it now it’s actually done. But feel it was the right decision.

Reactions: DJS

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mine went ok, 20th Jan request for refund, 27th credited to my CC - the fact I was checking my bank account incorrectly didnt help but as mentioned, bitter sweet, the hope of collecting a 'dream' car is now over after 20 months of deposit and tracking the Emira saga since, but I've 5k more than I expected to have and wont be spending £85k on a car so have some money to play with :)

Keenan

Reaction score
How long has it taken you guys to get your deposits back? I gave notice almost a month ago and nothing yet. Been on hold on the phone for 20 mins now and no one is picking up.

boris71

Reaction score
After 3 emails I received one back yesterday telling me my deposit would be returned by the end of this week, beginning of next. Not sure this will happen but who knows with LCC, this has taken around 3 weeks so far.

Keenan

Reaction score
After 3 emails I received one back yesterday telling me my deposit would be returned by the end of this week, beginning of next. Not sure this will happen but who knows with LCC, this has taken around 3 weeks so far.
I gave notice almost a month ago, i was cut off twice on the phone
this morning after waiting for 30 Mins on each call. Eventually I spoke to a lady on chat who told me thay have a massive email backlog and appologised they had not got to it yet. (wtf) She has now processed my £5k refund and i should get it in aprox 14 days. Lotus are obviously stalling as this is usefull cashflow for them.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
End of this week/beginning of next are both Bank Holidays too......

EM12AAM

Reaction score
How long has it taken you guys to get your deposits back? I gave notice almost a month ago and nothing yet. Been on hold on the phone for 20 mins now and no one is picking up.
I sent an e-mail cancelling my order on 2 March 2023.
Four more e-mails later, I got the following response on 31 March 2023:

I sincerely apologise for the delay in response.

I understand, and I'm sorry to hear of this. I can confirm that I have requested for your deposits to be refunded to your original payment account.

Please be aware that this can take up to 14 working days to be actioned.

Please, could you provide the expiry date of your recently issued card? This will prevent a delay in processing your refund.

Kind regards,

My card wasn't recently issued, but OK... but this is only working day 3 so hopefully they'll return my deposit on or before 20 April.

Incidentally, I'd saved cash to buy the Emira and when I cancelled my order was very tempted to get a pre-loved 570S which was up for the same money instead... but I missed out on the particular car I was interested in and have done something entirely different with the money instead...