• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK refunds following cancellation

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My email came the day after… but have now realised the credit card account is closed so I’m looking forward to some trouble!

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I originally only received one part of my deposit 2k but not the 3k I had paid one deposit on credit card the other on debit card, so I thought maybe one takes longer to turn up than the other so gave it another week. Didn’t turn up so I emailed which I didn’t get a response to. So when I rang CS they told me straight away that it was because my card that I originally paid on had expired, so gave new details and received in a few days. You would think when they knew the issue with the expiry date that they would of contacted me - but anyway all good now

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Great I’ll ring them on Monday.

In the meantime driving the amg gt this morning and R8 this afternoon!

spice

Reaction score
I cancelled via email on 11th Jan , no acknowledgement despite asking for one , Rang on Friday 13th and received verbal confirmation , followed by a further chase up email on 16th, I received an acknowledgement email on Tue 17th informing refund will take up to 14 days , so took 7 days to get confirmation of cancellation , 14 days expire on 31st , I will send a reminder email today , see what happens next week ?

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I cancelled via email on 11th Jan , no acknowledgement despite asking for one , Rang on Friday 13th and received verbal confirmation , followed by a further chase up email on 16th, I received an acknowledgement email on Tue 17th informing refund will take up to 14 days , so took 7 days to get confirmation of cancellation , 14 days expire on 31st , I will send a reminder email today , see what happens next week ?
I cancelled on Thursday this week initially via phone and then Email, received an email Friday from LCC - stating money will be returned within 14 days. So hope it arrives then. Will keep you informed.

Boombang

Reaction score
How soon did Lotus CC acknowledge your cancellation email guys?
First time immediately, second time after I called and emailed, third time nothing but did get the money.

My third email was a formal complaint kicking off the FCA complaints process (Financial Conduct Authority, the UK financial services regulator for non-banking firms, Lotus Cars comes under this due to arranging finance).

The fact they have not responded is a breach of the process (there are timescales and protocol for dealing with a complaint) but as I got the money I've left it.

spice

Reaction score
Refund received today , three week process in total , I cant help feeling rather sad about the whole affair , The Suns out so I'm going out for a Spin in the Boxster 25 to cheer myself up .

boris71

Reaction score
Has anyone got any idea regarding how many cancellations there have been? I am now toying with the idea of cancelling my order, especially after being told like many that I am looking at Qtr. 2, 2024 for my delivery. This would be some 26 months since I placed the order.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don’t know the numbers of cancellations but I do know the total number of deposits has reached 10,000. New deposits have been replacing the cancellations.

As UK test drives open up to non-deposit holders this month and more customer cars (and US demo cars) get delivered, I expect new deposits to keep increasing.

I don’t think the waiting time is going to get shorter, but some individuals may get moved up the line to take cancelled slots.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don’t know the numbers of cancellations but I do know the total number of deposits has reached 10,000. New deposits have been replacing the cancellations.

As UK test drives open up to non-deposit holders this month and more customer cars (and US demo cars) get delivered, I expect new deposits to keep increasing.

I don’t think the waiting time is going to get shorter, but some individuals may get moved up the line to take cancelled slots.

So Lotus has over 10,000 current deposits/orders?

2001f4s

Reaction score
Sitting here in the US as an early depositor. I'm glad that I chose the dealer that I did for my purchase. They have been good in providing information when they have it, which is infrequently. I am yet to hear from Lotus US or Lotus Corp.
But seeing this thread is disheartening, and I wonder with no update from Lotus USA as to when the first cars can be expected whether we too will be approaching our dealers here in the US for a refund of our deposits.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Still no refund for me

I’ve now hit the 14 days they told me the process would take

I’m half expecting they confirm a refund to the account that no longer exists despite having been provided new details.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lucky you…. I’m 3 weeks 5 emails and 3 phone calls in now

10 days after supplying new account details and having not received payment I rang again

“Oh we need id and extra docs to prove your identity “

Sure, I get that… but it’s been sat on someone’s desk for over a week, and well past your self imposed SLA to return my money.

Why hasn’t someone rang me up? Lazy, poor service.

😡

Last edited: