UK deposit to order checkout to delivery process

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm not sure we've seen enough examples to work out which delivery route is quicker and they all seem to be getting faster than a month ago. Certainly looks like 2-4 weeks after checkout is becoming more common.

I'd also point out home delivery means PDI and prep by BCA. Whereas factory collection is now PDI by Lotus (Scott Walker's team, who are perfectionists) and dealer delivery now means PDI by the dealer. I think that makes home delivery less attractive, regardless of any timing differences.

///M

Reaction score
I'm not sure we've seen enough examples to work out which delivery route is quicker and they all seem to be getting faster than a month ago. Certainly looks like 2-4 weeks after checkout is becoming more common.

I'd also point out home delivery means PDI and prep by BCA. Whereas factory collection is now PDI by Lotus (Scott Walker's team, who are perfectionists) and dealer delivery now means PDI by the dealer. I think that makes home delivery less attractive, regardless of any timing differences.
I was offered 1 week factory collection from checkout!!!!

loz94

Reaction score
So cars meant to be getting delivered tomorrow. Any one who’s taken delivery already, did you get some sort of confirmation ? Or update to confirm the date ? Had no communication since booking a slot ?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Home delivery? The logistics team normally send confirmation the day before with a tracking link. Not sure if that happens on a Sunday for Monday deliveries, might arrive first thing tomorrow.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So cars meant to be getting delivered tomorrow. Any one who’s taken delivery already, did you get some sort of confirmation ? Or update to confirm the date ? Had no communication since booking a slot ?
Will be interested to hear what the home delivery experience is like - I’m expecting flashing lights, dry ice, and gawping neighbours ….

loz94

Reaction score
Home delivery? The logistics team normally send confirmation the day before with a tracking link. Not sure if that happens on a Sunday for Monday deliveries, might arrive first thing tomorrow.
Yeah home delivery. Hmm fingers crossed. Tried contacting lotus twice Friday to confirm selected them
To call me back, my phone rang once and then cut off. Probably overthinking it, but seemed as if they didn’t want to speak Friday. 😅

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah home delivery. Hmm fingers crossed. Tried contacting lotus twice Friday to confirm selected them
To call me back, my phone rang once and then cut off. Probably overthinking it, but seemed as if they didn’t want to speak Friday. 😅
Did it arrive?

loz94

Reaction score
Will be interested to hear what the home delivery experience is like - I’m expecting flashing lights, dry ice, and gawping neighbours ….
Will keep you updated 👍🏼👍🏼
Did it arrive?
Yea arrived midday today. Woke up to a text from the delivery guy with eta, he sent me pics of it loading onto the back of delivery truck !
Short handover from them, nothing over the top.
Then been out playing in it all afternoon!! Wow, what a car, so glad I stuck with it and did pull my order with the delays.

Attachments

• 93015810-317A-4AB1-9C62-90F823DEEF0F.jpeg
    93015810-317A-4AB1-9C62-90F823DEEF0F.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 32439043-5671-4058-8C11-1A071817C006.jpeg
    32439043-5671-4058-8C11-1A071817C006.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 88
  • 4DED9354-35BC-4852-BEE0-0E3CF940BC8B.jpeg
    4DED9354-35BC-4852-BEE0-0E3CF940BC8B.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 6E388765-8793-4B19-94A1-69182CC3084D.jpeg
    6E388765-8793-4B19-94A1-69182CC3084D.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 87

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Yea arrived midday today. Woke up to a text from the delivery guy with eta, he sent me pics of it loading onto the back of delivery truck !
Then been out playing in it all afternoon!! Wow, what a car, so glad I stuck with it and did pull my order with the delays.
That’s great news, genuinely pleased for you, and glad you like it! I’m sure we’ve made the right choice to take delivery, despite everything, and hopefully mine won’t be far behind yours🤞

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Congratulations Oh my days your from Durham I’ll be sure to spot you then if you see some random waving 👋 ( I’ll either be in a purple M240i or a Eiger Defender or a Rise e-bike lol ) Are you going to use Glasgow or JCT - Lotus need one in Newcastle

Last edited:

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is there anyone on this thread who's had the factory collection and PPF option? I completed checkout last week and sent an email requesting PPF, not had any Comms since and was wondering how the timelines and communication worked for those in a similar boat

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For me it all really came together at invoice stage. LCC knew I wanted it and the scheduling was all done once we knew where the car was (at PDI). Those managing the hand over at Hethel then coordinated with the PPF installer and I paid for the PPF directly at the factory, independent of the invoice for the car. There were different PPF options as posted on here previously.
This was early Feb so things may have changed as the PDI is moving to be done at Hethel for factory collection.
I would have thought the first thing for you was to get LCC to note you are after PPF and for you to know from them what the options and the process is. If it’s the same as for me the details don’t get sorted until right at the end.

loz94

Reaction score
Congratulations Oh my days your from Durham I’ll be sure to spot you then if you see some random waving 👋 ( I’ll either be in a purple M240i or a Eiger Defender or a Rise e-bike lol ) Are you going to use Glasgow or JCT - Lotus need one in Newcastle

Will keep my eyes open for you 👍🏼😂will probs take it to leeds. Hopefully not to frequently 🫣. They had one in dunston( Gateshead) years ago, would have been ideal. Definitely needing PPF for the most common areas, A1 is a nightmare at the minute.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Will keep my eyes open for you 👍🏼😂will probs take it to leeds. Hopefully not to frequently 🫣. They had one in dunston( Gateshead) years ago, would have been ideal. Definitely needing PPF for the most common areas, A1 is a nightmare at the minute.

Had a call this this morning, car being home delivered next Wednesday. Had two follow up emails, first CS confirmed if there are any problems call him, second the invoice etc. It seems that when things are concrete it happens efficiently.
God know what's going to happen next week, hopefully unload and go away and let me crack open a beer and try to figure how to get it into my single garage (as per, properly prepared for my new child!!)

loz94

Reaction score
Had a call this this morning, car being home delivered next Wednesday. Had two follow up emails, first CS confirmed if there are any problems call him, second the invoice etc. It seems that when things are concrete it happens efficiently.
God know what's going to happen next week, hopefully unload and go away and let me crack open a beer and try to figure how to get it into my single garage (as per, properly prepared for my new child!!)
Fantastic, that’s a quick turn around !! Hahah they’re a squeeze to fit in the garage mind, doors are massive as well. Hopefully everything is as you hoped 👍🏼👍🏼

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Can I ask how long ago you checked out? Trying to gauge if home delivery takes longer than dealer/factory collection.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can I ask how long ago you checked out? Trying to gauge if home delivery takes longer than dealer/factory collection.
Checked out on the phone along with finance and security about 3 weeks ago. Call from lotus was out of the blue and really very informal, gave me a delivery date for next week and that was it. Got final invoice this afternoon that I’ll sort tomorrow and that’s me finished. Bit of a disappointment I was expecting carnage!

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Checked out on the phone along with finance and security about 3 weeks ago. Call from lotus was out of the blue and really very informal, gave me a delivery date for next week and that was it. Got final invoice this afternoon that I’ll sort tomorrow and that’s me finished. Bit of a disappointment I was expecting carnage!
Also I went for ceramic so that might have delayed the pdi process a bit

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts