UK Auto Deliveries

Kizzz

Reaction score
Although I've heard the figures of one every 17 minutes, 20 per day, and 5000 per year before, there's something odd about the math. One every 17 minutes translates to 3.5 cars per hour. At that rate, 20 cars per day would mean production is in operation just under 6 hours per day. From another post from a recent factory visit, they are supposedly now running two shifts, which makes the 20 cars per day figure even more suspect. Is it possible they've now decided to be more conservative in what they are telling people vs. what they are actually achieving so as to manage expectations on delivery times, given the significant delays to date?
During tour today they stated 1.5 shifts. Second shift only has half the staff.

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
During tour today they stated 1.5 shifts. Second shift only has half the staff.
That makes sense, so it would translate to roughly 35 cars per day, which would be consistent with what @TomE indicated as the yearly output of over 7000 per year with multiple shifts.

Tim

Reaction score
@Bod27 @EM12A LS If you specā€™d the tracker do check itā€™s showing fully installed before you leave. Iā€™m waiting for a Scorpion Tech now as they couldnā€™t resolve remotely ;)

Kizzz

Reaction score
@Bod27 @EM12A LS If you specā€™d the tracker do check itā€™s showing fully installed before you leave. Iā€™m waiting for a Scorpion Tech now as they couldnā€™t resolve remotely ;)
Yesterday at collection they asked if anyone has had an email from Scorpion. No one had..

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I didnā€™t spec it , at one point I thought it was a mistake as all the insurance people said I needed one , but then found mannings who found cover without

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I didnā€™t spec it , at one point I thought it was a mistake as all the insurance people said I needed one , but then found mannings who found cover without
You must be getting close to the magical unveiling of your car, right (this pm)? As there is no production on Friday, will you be getting the factory tour?

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You must be getting close to the magical unveiling of your car, right (this pm)? As there is no production on Friday, will you be getting the factory tour?
Yes great day , they did 12 handovers today, we had the tour , they built 20 cars today, its a half day on fridays. We also saw the 2.0l Amg engines and rear subframes in the factory , there was also a Chinese Lotus NYO with that engine fitted. So different to a year ago, lots of finished cars outside and every station with a car in build .

Attachments

• DDF6E6E8-AC90-4FE2-ACBD-E59B9A63F021.jpeg
    DDF6E6E8-AC90-4FE2-ACBD-E59B9A63F021.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 63
  • 07ADA0B2-8F22-4441-AEF8-DAC6B38B351B.jpeg
    07ADA0B2-8F22-4441-AEF8-DAC6B38B351B.jpeg
    508.9 KB · Views: 63

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes great day , they did 12 handovers today, we had the tour , they built 20 cars today, its a half day on fridays. We also saw the 2.0l Amg engines and rear subframes in the factory , there was also a Chinese Lotus NYO with that engine fitted. So different to a year ago, lots of finished cars outside and every station with a car in build .
Congrats on your car. Looks great. And thanks for the factory update.

Hrvy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have seen that this week an Auto successfully being delivered in Spain.

With the first batch of UK autos due to be built/delivered across this next month - has anyone had their checkout email or know of any UK Auto customers that have?

I am currently March build/April delivery on an Auto, so wondering where the others are at in the process?
Picked up my auto emira today! Nimbus grey! Very happy with it!

Attachments

• 0C6D89AD-16BE-4C40-8C0D-63D8E6630E87.jpeg
    0C6D89AD-16BE-4C40-8C0D-63D8E6630E87.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 107
  • A724C897-E73D-4AB0-9D49-0959D079449F.jpeg
    A724C897-E73D-4AB0-9D49-0959D079449F.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 832D0210-B57B-4BFD-8330-E2194BB7401B.jpeg
    832D0210-B57B-4BFD-8330-E2194BB7401B.jpeg
    456.7 KB · Views: 108

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi guys just a heads up. Had I responded when i got my email I might have even beaten John to the winning post for a UK first auto delivery.
Had a lot on at home and work. Customer care have been very good so far. I have checked out now but probably (due to child care) not get chance to collect while the end of May during the kids school holidays.
As soon as I get it I'll be posting some photos šŸ‘

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
For me itā€™s
checkout. 28/03/23
Order confirmed 28/03/23
Retention document V778W (number plate)31/03/23
ID check 4/04/23
Hi. For your number plate retention, did they charge you extra to do the swap? Looking online and it's Ā£80 to remove it from my car...

I have moved this plate between 3 cars now, but Mercedes usually do it all for me, and I have not been charged (Perhaps they do it as a courtesy). Just trying to plan ahead as i need to sell my car.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have moved plates from car to car and car to bike etc. Itā€™s Ā£80 iirc with DVLA to put the plate on retention and then you get a retention certificate you can give to the dealer if itā€™s new or do it yourself. I guess if you have been buying a succession of new Mercs that the dealer is swallowing the DVLA fee for you.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have moved plates from car to car and car to bike etc. Itā€™s Ā£80 iirc with DVLA to put the plate on retention and then you get a retention certificate you can give to the dealer if itā€™s new or do it yourself. I guess if you have been buying a succession of new Mercs that the dealer is swallowing the DVLA fee for you.
Thanks for the reply.

okay, I'm going to assume Lotus will not swallow that cost? lol. Anyone having issues with Lotus applying the plate?

Might just get my retention docs and then put the plate on myself... one less thing to be an issue on checkout/delivery. I want a mini front plate too like a user on here. So will have to buy them either way

Tonygcar

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi. For your number plate retention, did they charge you extra to do the swap? Looking online and it's Ā£80 to remove it from my car...

I have moved this plate between 3 cars now, but Mercedes usually do it all for me, and I have not been charged (Perhaps they do it as a courtesy). Just trying to plan ahead as i need to sell my car.
Hi Iā€™ve just been looking back at my correspondence with lotus and you pay Ā£1100 for on the road cost so I just emailed them my retention document and they did the rest
IMG_0165.jpeg

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I applied to DVLA online to put my personal plate on retention. Paid Ā£80. DVLA issued an age related registration for my old car which I had made up and fitted. Remember to tell insurance co that you have changed the reg number. Sold the car.
When Emira was ready, passed retention certificate to Lotus and collected car with personalised plate fitted. No additional charge at the Lotus end.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Iā€™ve just been looking back at my correspondence with lotus and you pay Ā£1100 for on the road cost so I just emailed them my retention document and they did the restView attachment 26073
Seems straightforward enough then. Thanks.

This entire process just seems strange. I rang them today to add GAP and paint insurance, they added it to my account/build, so should show up once i process.

Everything with this ordering process is backwards. I cannot see this being a viable process in the long run with many variants and models on the production line, the average customer will just walk.

anyways, is what it is, nearly at the end of all this! thanks for the info!

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I applied to DVLA online to put my personal plate on retention. Paid Ā£80. DVLA issued an age related registration for my old car which I had made up and fitted. Remember to tell insurance co that you have changed the reg number. Sold the car.
When Emira was ready, passed retention certificate to Lotus and collected car with personalised plate fitted. No additional charge at the Lotus end.
Yeah i might just get on with it this month, can get my current cars old plates put on and then move to sell it. Rang CS today to add insurance from the Protect email, they said it should be a month before i get the next step email for payments, so i have time.