UK Auto Deliveries

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just received delivery it’s a lot better than I expected I can’t stop smiling it’s in topaz Bristol having full PPF, I don’t care about speed I’ll be driving at 25 mph posing 🤭
Magma should be renamed
“ 50 shades of Magma “ looks different in every photo - does the driver resemble Mr Dornan by any chance 🤭

Tim

Reaction score
Picked mine up today! I ended up running late as I picked up a puncture in my wife’s car about 30m in to the 2h journey 🙈 After a quick (slow) run home on the run-flat, change of car, and we were at the factory about 1.5 hours late.

Scott saved the day though. Managed to condense the factory tour just enough so we could still make it home at a reasonable time (and he could bring the next six in for tomorrow 😎). He and his team are working so hard (and long hours) to make this happen… hats off.

I’ll write up the day and first thoughts in another thread, but safe to say it’s a rather special car. I couldn’t stop giggling/smiling on the 100 miles home - enjoy your collections!

Tim

Reaction score
Anyone here in tomorrow for collection? Saw 3 x Seneca, 1 x Nimbus, 1 x Magma and 1 x DV lined up to come in to the showroom 😎

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Picked mine up today! I ended up running late as I picked up a puncture in my wife’s car about 30m in to the 2h journey 🙈 After a quick (slow) run home on the run-flat, change of car, and we were at the factory about 1.5 hours late.

Scott saved the day though. Managed to condense the factory tour just enough so we could still make it home at a reasonable time (and he could bring the next six in for tomorrow 😎). He and his team are working so hard (and long hours) to make this happen… hats off.

I’ll write up the day and first thoughts in another thread, but safe to say it’s a rather special car. I couldn’t stop giggling/smiling on the 100 miles home - enjoy your collections!
Scott and team are real legends.. they do so much to make the day special

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
During the factory tour, could you both check out the production status report (projected on a wall) and let us know what the daily and to date figures are? Enjoy your special day.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
During the factory tour, could you both check out the production status report (projected on a wall) and let us know what the daily and to date figures are? Enjoy your special day.
I picked up on Wednesday, I was advised they are building 20 per day at the moment, but the information that is projected on to the factory wall said 41 cars so far this shift. Which seems too high

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I picked up on Wednesday, I was advised they are building 20 per day at the moment, but the information that is projected on to the factory wall said 41 cars so far this shift. Which seems too high
Was the 20 per day quoted to you during the factory tour or had you heard that elsewhere?

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When I did the factory tour last year, the aiming point for one shift was a car every 17 minutes off the line, 20 a day is going to be about the 5000 pa they said was what they wanted.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
When I did the factory tour last year, the aiming point for one shift was a car every 17 minutes off the line, 20 a day is going to be about the 5000 pa they said was what they wanted.
Yes it was mentioned yesterday that they seem to have settled on 5000 per year as a target

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes it was mentioned yesterday that they seem to have settled on 5000 per year as a target
Although I've heard the figures of one every 17 minutes, 20 per day, and 5000 per year before, there's something odd about the math. One every 17 minutes translates to 3.5 cars per hour. At that rate, 20 cars per day would mean production is in operation just under 6 hours per day. From another post from a recent factory visit, they are supposedly now running two shifts, which makes the 20 cars per day figure even more suspect. Is it possible they've now decided to be more conservative in what they are telling people vs. what they are actually achieving so as to manage expectations on delivery times, given the significant delays to date?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Remember they work a 10 hour day on 4 days, Friday is non-production day for training and line maintenance. 5000 per year is one shift, they are staffed for 2 but targeting 7000-7500 for that pattern.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Remember they work a 10 hour day on 4 days, Friday is non-production day for training and line maintenance. 5000 per year is one shift, they are staffed for 2 but targeting 7000-7500 for that pattern.

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So it would seem they are producing more than 20 cars per day, particularly if they are now running 2 shifts. Perhaps @EM12A LS and @Bod27 can get an update on the daily numbers when they visit on Friday.