U.S. Update: Allocation & Order Date

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Curious what else did you have your eye on? Only other car that has been calling me is 2018 gt3. Only thing keeping me away from GT3 is what I have read about the gearing on the street not being fun.
I have a friend who has the new GT3. It's an awesome car but he said it's not that much fun cause its just too much for the roads. That is why I kind of like 450hp or less. Cars are overpowered now and you never get out of 2nd gear if you rev up. I had base 2009 911 manual. Now everyone is saying that is the last "analog" 911 and the one to get. I really regret selling it.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a friend who has the new GT3. It's an awesome car but he said it's not that much fun cause its just too much for the roads. That is why I kind of like 450hp or less. Cars are overpowered now and you never get out of 2nd gear if you rev up. I had base 2009 911 manual. Now everyone is saying that is the last "analog" 911 and the one to get. I really regret selling it.
I actually think the biggest gem of 911 is the 991.2 Carrera T. To me, that is far more rare (and interesting) than any GT3.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone in the US received any sort of updates on expected delivery dates from their dealer? Lotus of North Jersey was completely oblivious when I called them regarding Matt Windle's delay video and claimed they haven't been able to get any info from their Lotus reps. I specced and ordered in April and was originally told to expect a ~Nov delivery, but we all know that's not gonna happen. I'm expecting March of next year, yet my dealer still thinks November. :sneaky:
I'm in the same boat as you with LNJ... no correspondence from Lotus at all yet... not even a delay email. I did the factory tour, which was amazing, but they're more delayed than expected due to supply chain stuff on TOP of their initial internal delays. As great as the tour was, it just made me more anxious for the car that seems still far off having been waiting well over a year and change already... Hoping they get stuff going soon!! I'll let you know if I get anything!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you with LNJ... no correspondence from Lotus at all yet... not even a delay email. I did the factory tour, which was amazing, but they're more delayed than expected due to supply chain stuff on TOP of their initial internal delays. As great as the tour was, it just made me more anxious for the car that seems still far off having been waiting well over a year and change already... Hoping they get stuff going soon!! I'll let you know if I get anything!

Please do! Glad you got to do the factory tour though! Closest I got was sitting in the Shadow Grey tour car.

Were you a March spec order? Ray said they only had 7 for March. I was in the early April batch.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Please do! Glad you got to do the factory tour though! Closest I got was sitting in the Shadow Grey tour car.

Were you a March spec order? Ray said they only had 7 for March. I was in the early April batch.
I was a March spec order... but not sure how that's all going to go. Maybe once up and running they'll start double shifts to catch up... who knows.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I was a March spec order... but not sure how that's all going to go. Maybe once up and running they're start double shifts to catch up... who knows.

I was told there are some pretty serious port delays going on too. Lack of workers to do the certifications and such... Heard instances of both Porsche and Volvo new vehicle orders being held up at the port for months! 😬

I was hoping it'd be a pretty quick process for Summit since the main port is in NJ.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was told there are some pretty serious port delays going on too. Lack of workers to do the certifications and such... Heard instances of both Porsche and Volvo new vehicle orders being held up at the port for months! 😬

I was hoping it'd be a pretty quick process for Summit since the main port is in NJ.
To be ridiculously optimistic, maybe by the time the Emiras start landing, they'll have that sorted as well. Undoubtedly very wishful thinking, but it pays to dream... 🤣

nosirrahx

Reaction score
It is so weird that some dealers required 11k when I only had to deposit $2500🤷‍♂️ it sounds like some dealers are partying with deposit money.
I only paid $1000. I also just dropped $5000 on mods and service though and that isn't even close to what the first round of mods cost.

nosirrahx

Reaction score
That's never going to happen. The earliest UK deliveries are now estimated for September and US is prioritized way behind UK. Then you must factor in shipping, port certification (which is expecting delays as well), delivery to dealer, dealer prep, and finally delivery to you. I say we'd be lucky to get dealer demos this year and first customer deliveries early 2023.
I already resigned myself to dealing with my car sitting at their showroom until spring comes to western MA. I've got the first one coming to the Boston area, but it will be a miracle if I drive it this year.

JKP

Reaction score
I already resigned myself to dealing with my car sitting at their showroom until spring comes to western MA. I've got the first one coming to the Boston area, but it will be a miracle if I drive it this year.
I'm in the same boat (pun intended). I'm in the first batch coming to Las Vegas. At last notice (months ago) I was to expect a November delivery. I'm setting my expectations 6 months out from that date.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat (pun intended). I'm in the first batch coming to Las Vegas. At last notice (months ago) I was to expect a November delivery. I'm setting my expectations 6 months out from that date.
Say it ain't so. That's my guesstimate delivery date for a non-FE!

nosirrahx

Reaction score
Driving season does not start out here until April or May so there is no difference between late November and late March.

nosirrahx

Reaction score
I live in Dallas now, and plan on using the car as a daily.
Depending on your roads, it could be a heavenly daily. I daily my 400 over the summer but I live in area where my town + the 7 contiguous towns is only 9000 people and 0 traffic lights.

JKP

Reaction score
Depending on your roads, it could be a heavenly daily. I daily my 400 over the summer but I live in area where my town + the 7 contiguous towns is only 9000 people and 0 traffic lights.
Some good roads around here, but mostly I've been working on my Ferris "pose" in anticipation of pulling up to the local restaurants and bars.

Attachments

• FBDO.jpeg
    FBDO.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 30

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if this person is a forum member, but here's another confirmation of no US FE deliveries this year... 😔

Attach44656_20220803_094850.jpg

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not sure if this person is a forum member, but here's another confirmation of no US FE deliveries this year... 😔

View attachment 7883
This is so upsetting. And the communication from Lotus has been horrible. Delays are delays... but you would make so many people more comfortable... and if you're not busy building cars, and are waiting for supply chain issues to resolve... why isn't the customer service focused on to keep all of us engaged?

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just received another email from my dealer regarding my inquiry on order status:
"Nothing definitive as of yet. It is fluid at the moment, however Lotus factory has stated they are expediting US production as quickly as possible. Management has a factory call on Friday morning. We anticipate more word then. I will circle back straight away with any/all updates as they become available."

It's sort of ridiculous that without the group forum effort here, I would know almost nothing about what's going on with my order.

Thanks for that morsel of info.