Tire pressure warning issue

Presumably every model and type of car is different, as are the tires that they wear. The psi guidance of the video is based on the specific max inflation designated on the tire itself or based on the max load psi stated on the label placed by the manufacturer. The guidance makes sense to me.
Tracking and other purposeful spirited driving occasions, require entirely different tire air pressure adjustments (generally lower psi levels).
Like I said, I'm trying it out. I'm not overly crazy about the Goodyears anyways, so I don't mind using them as the guinea pigs for this test. I checked and the max rated psi for the Goodyear is 50, so I still have plenty of headroom running 38.

Yes, track use is going to heat up the tires so you'll typically gain 3-5 psi as a result.
 
I found the video:


Overall good advice, though wear will also vary based on alignment. My old 330i ZHP absolutely wears more on the inner tires than the outer. Especially in the rear. But they also have a pretty solid amount of camber (as do many strut suspension cars, especially performance oriented).

I’m sure most people here appreciate that, but just thought I’d add my 2 cents 🙂
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top