Throttle House reviews the Lotus Eletre R!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
image.png

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
These guys make us Canadians proud - Great intro to the review! Keep it up.

As for the Eletre.... interior is nice, exterior is meh.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I really like the wheels and MOST of the design, but the front could've used a different approach. Lots of other things I'd rather buy for $150K
Like a GT4 Emira!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I drove the Eletre R today and was blown away. Fit and finish was top notch and the interior material quality and tech were all awesome! Infotainment built on the Unreal engine, customizable ambient lighting, seat bolsters hug the driver when switching to sport mode, dimmable sunroof, etc.. Everything seemed to be of the highest possible quality. Easily up there with Porsche. No vibrations or strange noises when driving. Oh, and it's easily one of the fastest vehicles I've ever driven. 900HP is insane. It handled and braked very well.. unlike other EVs I've driven. This has me excited for the EV future of Lotus. The Emeya and Type 135 are going to be game changers.

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For the most part I agree.
It's a beautiful design, especially the interior.
It drives beautiful and handles great.
The throttle and braking are more linear than other EVs I've driven.
But I found the tech to be buggy and some of it down right kitchy. (That stupid glovebox opener, the tilting screen when the car shuts off, the video game like heads up display to name a few).
The seating position is awkward. I couldn't get the steering close enough to me without moving the seat into an uncomfortable position.
The bottom cushion bolster were much too tight for me. I felt like I was sitting on top of the seat instead of in it.
Designed and built in Wuhan China (yes that Wuhan). Other than the giant badge on the hood, there's nothing Lotus about this.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Agreed, I was also impressed with it for all of the same reasons.

My one gripe is it doesn’t have one pedal drive. I genuinely believe Porsche is wrong about this, and I just think Lotus is following Porsche’s lead. Porsche seems to think their buyer’s don’t want one pedal drive, but I think the Porsche buyers they surveyed are just old farts who never tried it and complain about change. One pedal drive is superior and I will not be convinced otherwise.

i just want the option. If I’m wrong (I’m not) and people hate it, they can turn it off.

Last edited:

Atlantis Blue Emira

Reaction score
Ha Ha, the best line of the Eletre is that it is made in China in Wuhan, so it will sure catch on...:ROFLMAO:

Second best line, is pointing to the cup holders (were talking about loving the interior) and the driver told the passenger he gets the smaller cup holder as a sly jab while he gets the bigger diameter cup holder :D