TheSmokingTire Emira Review

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira is the better drive and better looking and more special feeling. Cayman is the better brand and reliable, with better very slightly performance more so in PDK form. GT4/Spyder different story.

It would be a very hard choice between the two.
Not really a hard choice, that’s why I’m on the Emira forum not the Porsche forum

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yup. I was shopping for an Evora GT (1 or 2yr old) when I came across the Emira. At the time the new car price was the same as a 2020 GT. I’d like to see how it tunes up to 430 but the upgrades to the interior and slightly wider stance, I’m happy with it.
This was exactly my situation. I always loved Lotus and really thought the Evora would be super fun to own and was trying to get past the super dated interior when I came upon the Emira. Then it was pretty much a done deal. Such a special car.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ironically I love the Evora's analog gauges and interior controls. The interior of the Emira looks a bit like a video game.
Quality interior with real gauges would have been the perfect mix, but I can live with the electro dash.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Emira Talk

I dunno, I just drove a Porsche 911 Carrera a couple weeks ago for funsies and while it was awesome, it didn't deter me from my excitement for the Emira. It drove fantastic and was a blast but it's just too 'ordinary' around here and not once did I seriously think I'd take it over the Emira and it was still $106K used (3 years old 32K miles). When you put them side by side, the Porsche looks like a real porker. I will admit the 918 Spyder looks much better than the tired 911 but you have to pay ~$140K to get a comparable model to the Emira FEs and they still don't look anywhere as good and IMO they don't sound as good as the Emira.

The host of this show is just a huge Porsche fanboy and it shows through and through. If you care more about dealer support than looks, specialness, steering feedback, etc. then yeah Porsche is the way to go but otherwise in my opinion there's still no comparison.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I dunno, I just drove a Porsche 911 Carrera a couple weeks ago for funsies and while it was awesome, it didn't deter me from my excitement for the Emira. It drove fantastic and was a blast but it's just too 'ordinary' around here and not once did I seriously think I'd take it over the Emira and it was still $106K used (3 years old 32K miles). When you put them side by side, the Porsche looks like a real porker. I will admit the 918 Spyder looks much better than the tired 911 but you have to pay ~$140K to get a comparable model to the Emira FEs and they still don't look anywhere as good and IMO they don't sound as good as the Emira.

The host of this show is just a huge Porsche fanboy and it shows through and through. If you care more about dealer support than looks, specialness, steering feedback, etc. then yeah Porsche is the way to go but otherwise in my opinion there's still no comparison.
But isn't the base 911 more of a daily / commuter / small family / occasional fun car? I think of it like autobahn eater, grocery getter and still sporty enough. Like an M3 but a bit more purposeful.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
These guys are definitely Porsche fans, including Matt… but he did defend the Emira and in realty was not negative towards it. I think Porsche guys will have a hard time dethroning the Cayman GT4 and from a performance perspective the GT4 is better.

It’s his opinion and clearly the cayman GTS 4.0 vs Emira is so close and divided. That in itself is an accomplishment for Lotus.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Listening to this Porsche fanboy smugness is exactly why I went Emira. The Sport Classic conversation was insufferable.
True.... Zach is probably the best guy there. You can tell he was cringing at some of the comments. haha

landore73

Reaction score
Put it this way, every car that is on the road is a porsche. There certainly are many Lotus Emiras around.