The off topic Porsche discussion thread

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
3.8 or 4L Spyders are very nice. Problem is that Porsches are very common, two a penny around here. The Emira will be relatively exclusive, for a while.
i dont think ive ever seen a spyder on the road... not a show or something...
spyder looks way more special than a none spyder...and.....its convertible...
just hard to do with a 10 year old interior.... although my current porsche has a much much older one.. hah

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
i dont think ive ever seen a spyder on the road... not a show or something...
spyder looks way more special than a none spyder...and.....its convertible...
just hard to do with a 10 year old interior.... although my current porsche has a much much older one.. hah
718 Spyder is not at all common.

i also am firm in my belief that they are the most beautiful production car in modern times. In person, with some of the right options, not cheaped out, it is just gorgeous x200. I was shocked. I sooo want one. well, i cant justify it as i have a brand new decked out 718 Boxster T, but i would if they keep making them for a couple of years.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
718 Spyder is not at all common.

i also am firm in my belief that they are the most beautiful production car in modern times. In person, with some of the right options, not cheaped out, it is just gorgeous x200. I was shocked. I sooo want one. well, i cant justify it as i have a brand new decked out 718 Boxster T, but i would if they keep making them for a couple of years.
for sure they have about 2 years left.... so u have a chance and more are coming onto the market and hence prices are dwindling a little

OP
Jonhklee

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Spyders are not common, but a few around our neighbourhood and a couple for sale in our Porsche dealer

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Spyders are not common, but a few around our neighbourhood and a couple for sale in our Porsche dealer
yes there are far more for sale now than a few months ago due to the weather.... I think some people have them for the 4 5 6 months and then sell, knowing they wont lose much, although through a dealer you will always lose a fair bit.

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
GT4 RS is mental, love it.

Popped into the local Porsche Dealership today, needed to book in the Cayenne to look at an airbag warning light, needs a pressure sensor in the seat and provided the fault codes. Wow was I unwelcome though.... I wasn't 'dressed up' so got ignored at first, eventually asked to take a seat. An older gentleman came in and got offered tea, cake, might as well have offered a massage. I got taken away from the comfy seating area, out of sight I guess, and asked what I wanted. lol. Then a fairly substantial fee for a diagnostics charge that is twice the price of the sensor the fault codes say is at fault. sighs. And even if I wanted a GT4, or GT4 RS, they'd not take my money. Hell at the rate today went I'd not be able to buy a boxster off them.
I have had that experience at Local Porsche dealership. However, I was having my Lotus serviced - so decided to pop around the corner to the local Ferrari to have a mooch.

Guy came up to me and offered coffee and biscuits, turned out he was the dealer principal. We started talking cars - next minute he is showing me the entire workshop and stored customer cars. Great pleasant hour. What a difference to Porsche.
McLaren are the same can’t do enough for you.
All it needs is a little friendliness - who knows if the lottery ticket comes up and you will be visiting with a different intent.🤷🏻‍♂️🤪

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I have had that experience at Local Porsche dealership. However, I was having my Lotus serviced - so decided to pop around the corner to the local Ferrari to have a mooch.

Guy came up to me and offered coffee and biscuits, turned out he was the dealer principal. We started talking cars - next minute he is showing me the entire workshop and stored customer cars. Great pleasant hour. What a difference to Porsche.
McLaren are the same can’t do enough for you.
All it needs is a little friendliness - who knows if the lottery ticket comes up and you will be visiting with a different intent.🤷🏻‍♂️🤪
I have to say, close to where my mom lives is a porsche dealer, a little famous for an attitude, although maybe its a bit better now and I have never had a problem myself.
Then there is the one over at solihull and they are fine and friendly.
I think it depends a bit on the dealer and the owner of said dealer / manager.. what attitude he breads in his employees.
Im sure we can find ferrari dealers that treat you like crap too without looking too hard and at the end of the day, they wont sell you any cars that are hot sellers anyway....
and then add Jayemmmms mclaren dealer experiences and you can see there are no hard and fast rules.
Ive also been around a few lotus dealers and found the experiences ranging and some say they get great treatment from silverstone for example and I can point out several unanswered emails.... ohhh I didnt see that one...sorry....
The solution is simple... sell your house and spend the money on a car/cars and they will all treat you like the sun shines out of your....smile

MickOpalak

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 7.27.46 PM.png

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is hilarious! I just spit my lunch out. I have been a long time Porsche fan. I have owned a heavily modified 930 turbo. Lately I have been thinking Porsche design is played out. The Boxster, Cayman, and 911 design has not changed. They just keep making minor changes but the basic design is the same thing every year. I love the performance but the design language has become stale. Thank you for the good laugh!

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
And can you imagine the absolute pandamonium that would result if Porsche changed the design language drastically? Look at the 996! And that was just headlights!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
This is hilarious! I just spit my lunch out. I have been a long time Porsche fan. I have owned a heavily modified 930 turbo. Lately I have been thinking Porsche design is played out. The Boxster, Cayman, and 911 design has not changed. They just keep making minor changes but the basic design is the same thing every year. I love the performance but the design language has become stale. Thank you for the good laugh!
true...ish..

there have been a few failures over the 50 odd years if we look at it.... the 993 looks great, commonly the most revired after the very early cars and the most expensive now too, a UK designer in fact, Tony Hatter

FOr me, and I have never owned a new 911, only my backdate, the 992 looks fantastic, much better than the 997 996 etc, no comparison. Also the quality of the interior is outstanding as is the design of it... no comparison to the bit parts on the Lotus, but of course its another price point.

If Porsche wanted to change the design, of course they could, but "most" dont want them to and when they have fine tuned a rear eangine car to perform the way it does, beating virtually anything around its price point around a track, why would you change?

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
true...ish..

there have been a few failures over the 50 odd years if we look at it.... the 993 looks great, commonly the most revired after the very early cars and the most expensive now too, a UK designer in fact, Tony Hatter

FOr me, and I have never owned a new 911, only my backdate, the 992 looks fantastic, much better than the 997 996 etc, no comparison. Also the quality of the interior is outstanding as is the design of it... no comparison to the bit parts on the Lotus, but of course its another price point.

If Porsche wanted to change the design, of course they could, but "most" dont want them to and when they have fine tuned a rear eangine car to perform the way it does, beating virtually anything around its price point around a track, why would you change?

993 turbo will always be one of my favorite cars. It has sexiest rear end.
I get what you are saying but at some point it seems kind of lazy. The 911 will probably never change because of the following. The Cayman and Boxster never interested me. Strictly based on looks. I would never buy either of those.
Part of my love for the Emira is the design is new and fresh. I could possibly still get a GT3 if the Emira bores me. The fear being I would lose my drivers license.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I watched this commercial recently.... and with all the poor CS the UK "legacy" Lotus people have been dealing with, I thought Lotus should take a page out of this ad. These things matter, history matters, heritage matters. Embrace the future, but don't forget what made the name Lotus in the first place. Kudos to Porsche, they truly do care about heritage and the customers that keep it alive.