Switching colours?

I have just made the switch to Nimbus from DV before my lock-in deadline.
Always wanted a BRG British sports car, but DV just isn't BRG...too dark for me and I really want to see those curves in all light conditions.
So The Emira will join the short list of TVR's, Noble, Aston, Alfa, Mazda and LR that I have owned in some form of silver. (the designers choice, and looks good even when filthy)

Love the Magma too but the wife just doesn't want a red car.

All other details remain.
Told no change to delivery timeline

Smudger

Reaction score
Always wanted a BRG British sports car, but DV just isn't BRG...too dark for me and I really want to see those curves in all light conditions.
So The Emira will join the short list of TVR's, Noble, Aston, Alfa, Mazda and LR that I have owned in some form of silver. (the designers choice, and looks good even when filthy)

All other details remain.
Told no change to delivery timeline
My wife wasn't keen on red either but have decided to ignore her, just this once, seeing as she won't really be able to see the outside color from inside.

Lolub

Reaction score
I too was torn between magma and nimbus, ended with the latter. Agreed--DV too dark for me as well.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Jag did a brilliant job on BRG w the F-Type. Lotus should have just taken that paint code!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220503-200740_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220503-200740_Chrome.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wife doesn’t like the Magma Red, she wants the Nimbus Grey… She said it is you car get what you want. Problem I am not sure… The Nimbus Grey is thee te safe choice.
Ps…. just don’t get stopped 🛑. She gets mad 😡 when I pay for tickets or lawyers.
“ Ce Va Vi “

OP
Kentviking

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wife doesn’t like the Magma Red, she wants the Nimbus Grey… She said it is you car get what you want. Problem I am not sure… The Nimbus Grey is thee te safe choice.
Ps…. just don’t get stopped 🛑. She gets mad 😡 when I pay for tickets or lawyers.
“ Ce Va Vi “
Haha...part of my problem is it will kind of be her car. I effectively sold her on the purchase by making it partly a present. Her name is "Mira" , so the car seemed suitably fitting, especially with a number plate "EM13RAS".

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm switching back from Magma to Seneca. Just a bit too burgundy for me, like a vast number of current mainstream hatchbacks. Elixier Red is very similar from a distance.

Attachments

• 2022-Peugeot-308-SW-Elixir-Red-16.jpg
    2022-Peugeot-308-SW-Elixir-Red-16.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 40

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm switching back from Magma to Seneca. Just a bit too burgundy for me, like a vast number of current mainstream hatchbacks. Elixier Red is very similar from a distance.
I’m in similar position. Started no question green. Turned out darker than I wanted. Told myself just order and wrap. Now looking at Magma or Seneca. My concern now is Magma kind of burgundy and Seneca kind looks plastic. Does anyone else think Seneca looks kind of plastic?

OP
Kentviking

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m in similar position. Started no question green. Turned out darker than I wanted. Told myself just order and wrap. Now looking at Magma or Seneca. My concern now is Magma kind of burgundy and Seneca kind looks plastic. Does anyone else think Seneca looks kind of plastic?
I know what you mean...from a distance yes, but up close the Seneca has a lovely fleck and play to it. I thought the show car looked lovely in the flesh...I just cant get away from the 'French' ness of the blue

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes Seneca Blue looks plastic to me too which is why I didn't choose it. If it was like Lotus Laser Blue (lots of metallic visible a mile away), I would have jumped in.

It's almost a solid paint with a touch of silver metallic appearing when up close. From a couple of meters away it looks like a solid colour.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes Seneca Blue looks plastic to me too which is why I didn't choose it. If it was like Lotus Laser Blue (lots of metallic visible a mile away), I would have jumped in.

It's almost a solid paint with a touch of silver metallic appearing when up close. From a couple of meters away it looks like a solid colour.
Thank you for the confirmation. Magma is now the first choice. For today:unsure:

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Jag did a brilliant job on BRG w the F-Type. Lotus should have just taken that paint code!
Love how that colour behaves in good light. This is very similar indeed to how DV looks in some parts of the "Sunlight" version on the configurator, and exactly why I chose an image from that for my DV painting, where the DV is really popping when the sun hits the highlights on the front wing (fender) and rear haunches.

Having seen DV in flat daylight on an overcast day I wish it was a little brighter as per your excellent Jaguar photo - but I am sticking with it, fortune hopefully favouring the brave as they say!

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wanted to get my phone torch out to shine at the bodywork, but clearly had to resist! It would have to be direct sunlight hitting straight on to have any real impact.

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Someone in my neighborhood has a shark blue 992 gt3 and as someone who has always loved blue cars, I thought to myself the 'smurfy blue' gives the car a plasticky appearance. I do think that the Emira design suit a smurf blue a whole lot better than the 992.

Last edited:

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My suspicion is that whichever color you choose, you will end up doubting yourself...

In my case, I picked blue upon launch (plus blue is one of my fav colors, my CLS is lunar blue on biege which rocks), and then started drooling over H Yellow and DV, played with the idea of going shadow grey, but then came so close to switching to Magma.

But like you guys I just couldn't get past the burgundy/maroon looks, so I went back to blue. Locked my specs with Lotus and started waiting... but then I am going through the cycle again. Drove me nuts.

So I say, pick a color and get over it.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
An excellent choice :) With silver wheels and yellow calipers? What interior are you going for?

Good to meet you yesterday!

Mark

Smudger

Reaction score
My suspicion is that whichever color you choose, you will end up doubting yourself...

In my case, I picked blue upon launch (plus blue is one of my fav colors, my CLS is lunar blue on biege which rocks), and then started drooling over H Yellow and DV, played with the idea of going shadow grey, but then came so close to switching to Magma.

But like you guys I just couldn't get past the burgundy/maroon looks, so I went back to blue. Locked my specs with Lotus and started waiting... but then I am going through the cycle again. Drove me nuts.

So I say, pick a color and get over it.
This is what Magma will look like, saw it with my own eyes. Anyone up for a small punt will be happy. What's the worst that can happen, don't like it, flip the car, make £10k and move on to the next configurator...

Attachments

• IMG_20211101_125703.jpg
    IMG_20211101_125703.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 57