hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am going this way…3 way Nitron set for Emira…brand new

E2362895-233C-43D7-B651-BF01B1B9B3D8.jpeg

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I can find no fault at all with the suspension on the Emira. Like the steering, it is just not on my mind that it needs changing. It would be interesting to drive both though, back to back, and see what the difference on the road and track is.

There is always room for improvements of course.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am going this way…3 way Nitron set for Emira…brand new

View attachment 26924

Niceeeeee, can you report back on how those solid bushings affect the ride quality when you get them installed? Curious to know how much NVH and or knocking sounds those add. I've heard these all aluminum solutions from Nitron are quite noisy from a few people -- sure looks fantastic though.

Do you have any information on what spring rates they picked and what wheel/ride frequency they tuned the car for? Would save me the hassle of weighing all the unsprung parts if they did it already.

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The ride depends what you compare it with…I come from:
A. Higher end sports cars
B. Exige V6 fitted with Nitrons

During the testride I found the Emira’s overall impression disappointing. Absolutely loved the Exige on Nitrons. People tend to forget that manufacturers employ beancounters, they need to to make money. So stock shocks are on a budget. When talking to Nitron they have set high expectations on how much this will improve the ride of the Emira. NVH wise, the Nitrons don’t change anything I think in the way the shocks connect to the chassis. One presumption people often tend to make is, is to associate aftermarket shock = bumpy and uncomfortable harsher ride. They don’t have to be and often improve comfort and ride quality since they are such higher quality.

What I want…more sharpness and wilder Emira that comes closer to my GT3 but at the same time offers a lot more comfort vs my GT3.

Has anyone driven an MC20? Then you know what I mean.

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
NVH wise, the Nitrons don’t change anything I think in the way the shocks connect to the chassis. One presumption people often tend to make is, is to associate aftermarket shock = bumpy and uncomfortable harsher ride. They don’t have to be and often improve comfort and ride quality since they are such higher quality.

I'm strictly talking about the solid metal spherical bushings on your Nitrons located at the mounting points of the damper.

The OEM bushings that come with the Emira are rubber.

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm strictly talking about the solid metal spherical bushings on your Nitrons located at the mounting points of the damper.

The OEM bushings that come with the Emira are rubber.

Didn’t know they were rubber on Emira. That explains. You don’t need to develop a good shock knowing there is rubber at the ends of it.

Ltth_63

Reaction score
i had the opportunity to test both suspension set ups. i have to say that the sports set up is way stiffer and more responsive than the touring suspension. on the other hand the touring suspension is way softer and more comfortable on bulky roads. i would not recommend the sports suspension for a daily driver config. since it can get tough on longer trips comfortwise..
the sports suspension is really great for dynamic driving on nicely surfaced roads and tracks. although it tends to get unstable when braking hard into corners, it is still delivers good performance.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
although it tends to get unstable when braking hard into corners, it is still delivers good performance.

Please elaborate. How would a stiffer set up cause instability when braking into corners?

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I am a novice in all of these suspension nuances but, for me on my recent track day, I can't imagine the suspension being better (sports suspension). I can't imagine going through a corner under more control or faster. Perhaps it improves heavy braking stability?

I found the only 'weaknesses' were the brakes and the lack of overtaking punch when you needed it.

If one is a track god and fan then I wouldn't get an Emira anyway. It will never be like an Exige. For us who just want a bit of fun I doubt you really do not need to worry about the suspension.

Then again, contradicting myself :D the difference on motorcycles (which I know better) from stock to Ohlins is huge but I just suspected the difference per Kg was the main factor.

Agh.. I guess I will have to contact Nitron/Ohlins and see if I can get some and see the difference for myself! :ninja:

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am a novice in all of these suspension nuances but, for me on my recent track day, I can't imagine the suspension being better (sports suspension). I can't imagine going through a corner under more control or faster. Perhaps it improves heavy braking stability?

I found the only 'weaknesses' were the brakes and the lack of overtaking punch when you needed it.

If one is a track god and fan then I wouldn't get an Emira anyway. It will never be like an Exige. For us who just want a bit of fun I doubt you really do not need to worry about the suspension.

Then again, contradicting myself :D the difference on motorcycles (which I know better) from stock to Ohlins is huge but I just suspected the difference per Kg was the main factor.

Agh.. I guess I will have to contact Nitron/Ohlins and see if I can get some and see the difference for myself! :ninja:
You’re welcome to come out in my Evora GT430 (Ohlins TTX) and compare to a GT410 or your Emira. But it might prompt you to do more upgrades :)

You’ll notice the difference on the road but most won’t want to pay £7-8k for it. On track you’ve got the further benefit of adjustability, so can run different road, bumpy track, smooth track etc setups. If you’re chasing lap times that’s useful, but again not worth spending if you’re just exploring how your Emira handles on track.

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted the Öhlins TTX setup from Komo-Tec?

I‘m very happy with the suspension as it is (sport, and the ride is certainly “busy” on really rough roads, but I’ve had cars that felt way harsher so it’s no problem).

Just curious as to what the real world benefits might be.

√Frank 3.33

Reaction score
Emira / Lotus fame and rep for sublime handling. Sports or Touring?
Different set up yes but ...

Harry's Garage on You Tube when visiting factory with his paws in the suspension spring bins shows exacto the difference.

Not a lot but much debate on line.

Emira riding on Bilstein B12's pro or sport. Aka sport / Touring. Nothing more nothing less.

Add a front adjustable anti roll bar and a tweak of Camber/ Toe etc and both touring and sport seem to be about the same beast.

Offering Cup 2 on Sport is really pushing things. Good on track but for a road tire try that combination when one fancies a commute to the office on a sunny morning. If it rains on ones ways home the best of luck. Point being Emira even in Sport spec is not marketed as a "dedicated track car" I know people will say ok but many Porsche models etc have OEM Cup 2's .yes they do but any car shod in Cup 2's is easily spotted even on slightly wet day.

Like wise F1's on touring spec ... On road not bad but again wet or 5 ish degrees prob's again. Ref tire review chap on You Tube. If you venture on track then F 1's will limit your fun as they will overheat. And if you "tour" as in on road then there are much better tires.

So think both options are falling somewhat between 2 stools.

Also. Might have this wrong but either choice is " custom OEM " for Emira so think idea to research exactly what is available re clearance on 20 inch etc. Ps4s / new conti etc would be well worth researching. If they fit that is.

Track or road I think first edition falls between to stools but strong aftermarket offerings will " focus " things for the best.

Big respect for Nitron being already on the ball for aftermarket offerings.

I am sure when A.P. 4 pots start cooking then aftermarket brakes will follow shortly.

Reaction score
My partner and I have done a lot of research and watched a lot of YouTube videos and we think that touring is the way to go.

But we're porsche 911 people who are coming to the Emira to have something that really brings us back to older 911 (997) style driving. So we want it to be firm.

With that said, it seems touring is plenty firm (according to what we've read)

So we wanted to ask you guys: Would you guys go sport or touring suspension?

Last edited:

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My partner and I have done a lot of research and watched a lot of YouTube videos and we think that touring is the way to go.

But we're porsche 911 people who are coming to the Emira to have something that really brings us back to older 911 (997) style driving. So we want it to be firm.

With that said, it seems touring is plenty firm.

Sport vs. Touring seems to be like discussing music, politics, or religion. Everybody has the one they like and their reasons why. I think the best thought processes I've heard seem to be around how good (or bad) your roads are, are you going to track it, and what car you are coming from.

I've driven both and there isn't (IMO) a huge difference given our local roads. I'm coming from a M2 and the sport doesn't seem much different in harshness, even though the roll control is much better. I went with sport.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

With that said, it seems touring is plenty firm (according to what we've read)

I’ve moved your post into the existing suspension options thread. Lots of info and opinions in here.

SteveB

Reaction score
After agonising for months on suspension choice (see my earlier posts) I decided on sport suspension. Now I have my Emira and had some driving time I thought I would share my experience.

On the drive back from collection at Hethel on smooth well surfaced roads (A11) everything was absolutely fine suspension wise. But when driving on poor quality local roads the suspension felt noticeably harsher than I remembered from my test drive, with every surface imperfection, however small, transmitted through the steering wheel and seat. After looking up recommended tyre pressures and measuring mine I found them to be closer to the higher pressures recommended for track use - 2.2 bar front/2.4 bar rear (I have Goodyear F1s). After reducing to recommended road pressures (2.0 bar front/2.2 bar rear) - measured with an acurate pressure gauge not the on-board tps monitor - the difference in feel was noticeable. Also, now I have driven it a few hundred miles, there seems to be a further more gradual softening of suspension feel (maybe the suspension bushes bedding in) to the point where it is now pretty much as I remember sport suspension from my test drive - firm but not harsh or crashy.

So if you like to feel how the car/tyres are interacting with the road surface and a more dynamic experience then sport is the way to go. If you want a smooth comfortable ride then choose touring. But don’t make this decision from driving a brand new car straight from the factory!