Speculative price

jxg

Reaction score
I'm new here and I looked for the lowest speculative price in US dollars, did not see any guesses. I also like to know when the price will be released.
This is more important to me at this point than the color.

Other cars I am considering are:

Jaguar F type
Alfa 4C
Nissan 400Z
Lexus LC500

Anybody have a reason to exclude any of these?

Not sure how reliable this prelaunch (training?) brochure is but it's suggesting a starting price around $80k.

emira-training-book.jpg

I'm very curious about price, as that will be the make / break question for me even though I already have my deposit down. I'm thinking it's going to be a lot cheaper than people are guessing right now, given the target competition in the US. My hope is low 60's for the base model... I'm only considering a 6MT which means the V6, and I can't really go much higher than $74K so fingers crossed! :-D

I'm very curious about price, as that will be the make / break question for me even though I already have my deposit down. I'm thinking it's going to be a lot cheaper than people are guessing right now, given the target competition in the US. My hope is low 60's for the base model... I'm only considering a 6MT which means the V6, and I can't really go much higher than $74K so fingers crossed! :-D
A training brochure from Monterey stated the 1st Edition will start around $80k.

I was in the market for an LC500 until Emira showed up. IMO LC500 was the best looking car at around 100k. Now beat by Emira :) LC500 is 1000+ lb heavier... The rest of options simply do not compete by the look. None of them would bring as much fun as Emira.

Last edited:
A training brochure from Monterey stated the 1st Edition will start around $80k.
It did... and if you convert 60,000 British pounds to USD, that is indeed the price equivalent. But it doesn't always work exactly that way. For instance, the BMW M3 starts at 69K USD, but to get it in Europe you're looking at 101K Euros... almost double the price. So I'm crossing my fingers that the Lotus pricing will do something similar. I think if they start at 80K USD, they'll price themselves out of the market. Their self-stated competition is the base model C8 vette, which starts at 59K USD... so fingers crossed? :-D

I agree with that if I have to go to high I rather order a Z06 sorry lotus

I also think Lotus needs to keep the pricing competitive with the Porsche 718 Cayman.

The base model 718 starts at $60,500, the 718 T is $69,600, 718 S starts at $72,500.

I also think Lotus needs to keep the pricing competitive with the Porsche 718 Cayman.

The base model 718 starts at $60,500, the 718 T is $69,600, 718 S starts at $72,500.
I remember being pumped to get the Jaguar F type when it was first introduced - beautiful car with a lot of hype at the time. They too stated their target market at Corvette and entry Porsches - yet when the pricing came out they were $10-$20k more than those cars. They also made the mistake of not offering a manual in the V8 versions. Because of this I didn't buy one - and based on how many I see on the road around here not many others did either. I'm in Canada so the markets elsewhere may have reacted differently. I was so in love with the F-type at that time I even ordered custom license plates for it - but in the end they didn't come close to meeting expectations so I never got one. I love the Emira more - so I truly hope it doesn't break my heart by coming in over priced.

I think they are targeting the S and GTS with the Emira not the base or T. Also, one must always take Porsche base prices with a grain of salt as every little thing is an option and even a lightly optioned car is 10-20k over base price. My bet will be on starting at $85k.

I think they are targeting the S and GTS with the Emira not the base or T. Also, one must always take Porsche base prices with a grain of salt as every little thing is an option and even a lightly optioned car is 10-20k over base price. My bet will be on starting at $85k.
In Australia, prices are whack. An Evora GT 410 (which I believe is the equivalent of the Evora GT in the US) is $190 000 AUD (yes that's right, 190k).... Yet a Porsche Cayman S starts from about 135k. I really hope they do try to compete with the Porsche here and at least equal that price for the i4.

Considering the Elise is now gone, the Emira is the only new Lotus one will be able to buy, so you'd hope they still offer something in a lower price bracket

This. Everything is an option on a Porsche and they get expensive very quick. I am guessing a fully loaded V6 with manual will be close to $100k.

Any hopes that the Emira will come in at some "budget price" ($60K - $70K base in North America) is just wishful thinking. Just based on a few things like Evora pricing, new model excitement, and DEMAND, there is no reason to expect this car to start at less than an $80K base for North America. Start getting used to the idea of most of these to sell optioned out at $95K-$100K. (At which point I'm not sure I'd still be interested. The Emira is a beautiful car, but I've already got an Elise, and the C8 isn't a bad option either.)

Any hopes that the Emira will come in at some "budget price" ($60K - $70K base in North America) is just wishful thinking. Just based on a few things like Evora pricing, new model excitement, and DEMAND, there is no reason to expect this car to start at less than an $80K base for North America. Start getting used to the idea of most of these to sell optioned out at $95K-$100K. (At which point I'm not sure I'd still be interested. The Emira is a beautiful car, but I've already got an Elise, and the C8 isn't a bad option either.)
Honestly the new Z06 will start at 80-85k and that’s a flat plane crank v8 high rev punch way above its weight so the honest truth they have to be smart with pricing or else they might out sell there brand out of business I have an Emira on order in the USA I would like the 4 cylinder model but at 80 for a starting 95 out the door the standard C8 at 495 hp all natural v8 and everyday useable C8 has waiting list is as long as the Emira and at 85 your very well loaded a v6 Emira even with all the manuals that I see every one talking about which a lot of them will be automatic versions or DCT if the pricing is 95-100k which would be to far gone then they won’t sell sorry Porsche has a very good name in the business and lotus is using this car to relaunch there platform to be back in action so they have to have pricing and financing in there packages to take away from these other higher end established brands plus their most expensive engines come from Toyota cost should nevertheless be that high in cost next month will be very interesting for lotus and there company I may love the Emira but I can’t be dump money to have a car that won’t hold its value that well after 2 years

Honestly the new Z06 will start at 80-85k and that’s a flat plane crank v8 high rev punch way above its weight so the honest truth they have to be smart with pricing or else they might out sell there brand out of business I have an Emira on order in the USA I would like the 4 cylinder model but at 80 for a starting 95 out the door the standard C8 at 495 hp all natural v8 and everyday useable C8 has waiting list is as long as the Emira and at 85 your very well loaded a v6 Emira even with all the manuals that I see every one talking about which a lot of them will be automatic versions or DCT if the pricing is 95-100k which would be to far gone then they won’t sell sorry Porsche has a very good name in the business and lotus is using this car to relaunch there platform to be back in action so they have to have pricing and financing in there packages to take away from these other higher end established brands plus their most expensive engines come from Toyota cost should nevertheless be that high in cost next month will be very interesting for lotus and there company I may love the Emira but I can’t be dump money to have a car that won’t hold its value that well after 2 years
Your poor English teacher!

Sorry I’m writing it will fly an airplane the objective of my writing is to open everyone eyes
Hey guys, let’s keep it super chill amongst ourselves. We’re not all native English speakers, and none of us actually know where this price thing will land… but we are all Emira fans, so here’s hoping that all of us who want one will be able to afford one! 🤩🤩🤩

Sorry I’m writing it will fly an airplane
Hey guys, let’s keep it super chill amongst ourselves. We’re not all native English speakers, and none of us actually know where this price thing will land… but we are all Emira fans, so here’s hoping that all of us who want one will be able to afford one! 🤩🤩🤩
Thanks exactly I’m hoping for the best

Keep in mind that Porsche nickels and dimes you for every add on, so the equivalently priced Porsche 718 to the Emira is quite likely a fair bit higher, providing that the Emira had a higher level of standard equipment.

This is only speculative of course, but I saw a few weeks ago that the Lotus dealer in Sydney was providing a figure of $160000 (inclusive of all on road costs) for the i4, and 190k for the v6

That’s way above what I was budgeting for - and at that I’m definitely out