• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Side profile comparison

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ok not exactly competition based on price but amazing how the EMIRA looks right at home among supercars in this side profile…(not to scale :))
B0D1C65A-8FD7-4AB2-AE92-97D114B88EF2.jpeg

wheelking

Reaction score
Nice side view comparison. Here's Stephenson's critique.

I like his version best and I like the Emira better than the McLaren and the Ferrari. Much cleaner than the F-car. On another note, I can't decide whether the Black Pack breaks up the continuity in a negative way. Decisions, decisions...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nice side view comparison. Here's Stephenson's critique.

I like his version best and I like the Emira better than the McLaren and the Ferrari. Much cleaner than the F-car. On another note, I can't decide whether the Black Pack breaks up the continuity in a negative way. Decisions, decisions...
I'm not a fan of what Stephenson did to the side profile. The change to the falling swage line and the extra colour on the undercut makes the side appear fatter at the mid point, whereas the original looks slimmer and more dynamic. But hey, he's a famous designer and what do I know :)

I agree the Emira looks better than the McLaren and Ferrari, which is an amazing achievement for the Lotus team.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Emira sure does hold its own looks wise when compared to other supercars! Thanks for posting up these comparisions!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
It's arguably the better looking of those 3 as well! When the Emira was first revealed, so many people hated on the wheels saying it looked like a Hot Wheels car.. I mean, come on.. we all played with Hot Wheels dreaming of owning a real life-size version one day, right? I think the entire car looks amazing and can't wait to get mine! I'm just happy Lotus is still offering OEM fully forged wheel options.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok not exactly competition based on price but amazing how the EMIRA looks right at home among supercars in this side profile…(not to scale :))
View attachment 212

It still amazes me the Emira is even compared against cars 2-3 times it's price! I actually like the side profile better then both of those cars now.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol, The Emira is far from a kit car design! Maybe this applies?
Screen-Shot-2019-08-16-at-9.36.49-AM.png

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've really been looking at the Emira compared to the new 296 GTB lately and I think it's amazing that Lotus has out-ferrari'd Ferrari. Not just an Emira fanboy here - I was looking at the Roma (and still consider that to be one of the most beautiful cars made to date) - but the Emira has better proportions, smoother lines, better haunches and all around cooler look than the 296 GTB.

DenzilP

Reaction score
I've really been looking at the Emira compared to the new 296 GTB lately and I think it's amazing that Lotus has out-ferrari'd Ferrari. Not just an Emira fanboy here - I was looking at the Roma (and still consider that to be one of the most beautiful cars made to date) - but the Emira has better proportions, smoother lines, better haunches and all around cooler look than the 296 GTB.
Spot on. I haven’t seen the Ferrari 296 in the flesh, but it doesn’t look that pretty in the photo. i seen the new mcLaren Artura and the Emira in the flesh and have to personally say the Artura it doesn’t look right at some angles in the flesh, it photos much better, but still a cracking car. The emira on the other hand is even better in the flesh from all angles.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yet to see the Emira in the flesh (24 hours to go :)), but everything I have seen and read so far points to Lotus getting Emira right.

The analysis and critique recorded in the above YouTube video was a good watch. I agree with some of the changes but not all. The changes to the rear are more acceptable than those to the side.

Can't wait to see Emira in the flesh...

Last edited:

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I saw the 296 at a dealer preview back in July - it does look much better in the flesh than in the photos, but I still think it's lost too many classic Ferrari styling cues like the circular rear lights, and to me it looks a bit 'Corvette' from the front... it didn't excite me the way the 488 did.

4.jpg

The Emira looks fantastic from the outside and certainly holds its own, but I'm not a fan of the black skirts that 'pinch' the body (in the Emira and 296).

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I saw the 296 at a dealer preview back in July - it does look much better in the flesh than in the photos, but I still think it's lost too many classic Ferrari styling cues like the circular rear lights, and to me it looks a bit 'Corvette' from the front... it didn't excite me the way the 488 did.

View attachment 1158

The Emira looks fantastic from the outside and certainly holds its own, but I'm not a fan of the black skirts that 'pinch' the body (in the Emira and 296).
The 488 Italia is a beautiful car. But temperamental and too rich for my blood. I have a 1:18 die cast model instead! That will have to do.