I hate to say it: Nimbus Colored Side Sills / Skirts?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I realize the "cinched up" look (dark side sills / skirts on a lighter car) is very Lotus in its style..

And I like it..

BUt I also sometimes think it would cool to have my Nimbus car all in one color, simliar to how car looks in darker colors (in other words not a contrasting side sill / skirt).

For example, if you look at a verdant green Emira vs a lighter colored emira, you'll see what I am talking about.

Do you think it will be possible to get a side skirt that is the same color as the car?
Or third party parts that do not make this look as dramatic?

I guess I could always wrap it.

It would be interesting to see a rendering if anyone has one.

Thanks

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's absolutely possible. However, it does require painting the sills, and then to install them you have to take off all the bodywork except the roof and the part around the rear hatch.

Front hatch, front bumper, front splitter, front fenders.
Side emblems, rear exhaust surround, diffuser, bumper, rear fenders, and sill plates.

I'm doing it with mine for accent not body colored sills and it's going to take some work.

I have a PDF of the relevant pages. It's too big to attach. PM if you want it.
And here's the order:
Front:
15-16 Access hatch (hood)
25 Wheel arch liner (x2)
23-24 Undertray
28 License plate plinth
20-21 Bumper
2-4 Fender (x2)

Rear:
29 Side badges (x2)
30 Stop lamp (third brake light)
22 Diffuser
26 Wheel arch liner (x2)
17-19 Rear bumper
27 Tailgate trim
5-11 Rear fender (x2)

Side:
12 Sill finisher (x2)
13-14 Sill (x2)

Last edited:

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's a quick rough render.
I know someone posted a real car on here that was yellow with all black details painted. It looks like a toy car IMO. I wouldn't suggest that.

I'd suggest keeping the upper black pack and vents if you do this. But it's just my opinion.
1710293753256.png

Attachments

• 1710293724882.png
    1710293724882.png
    853.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I someone posted a real car on here that was yellow with all black details painted. It looks like a toy car IMO. I wouldn't suggest that.

I'd suggest keeping the upper black pack and vents if you do this. But it's just my opinion.
View attachment 38743
My 2 Cents: Changing it would take away from the sexy lines.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I someone posted a real car on here that was yellow with all black details painted. It looks like a toy car IMO. I wouldn't suggest that.

View attachment 38743

This looks terrible IMO (the painted skirts, not the Photoshop). Totally ruins the Emira's tight waist and lower body lines. Please don't do this @luciddaydream. 🙏🏼

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This looks terrible IMO (the painted skirts, not the Photoshop). Totally ruins the Emira's tight waist and lower body lines. Please don't do this @luciddaydream. 🙏🏼
Agreed. I'm doing mine to reveal the lines that otherwise get crushed in the dark color. Contrast is a good thing.