Thoughts on the 2023 Nissan Z

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

What do you think of the new 2023 Nissan Z? The new Z produces 400 horsepower and 350 pound-feet (475 Newton-meters) of torque similar to the power in the Emira. It will also be available with a manual transmission option.

VerdantAMF1492

Reaction score

What do you think of the new 2023 Nissan Z? The new Z produces 400 horsepower and 350 pound-feet (475 Newton-meters) of torque similar to the power in the Emira. It will also be available with a manual transmission option.
Same engine as a redline Q. Styling is very good. 4.5 0-60 in the respectable range. Emira is same. Price will be the winner for this ride. Well done by Nissan

Kalel

Reaction score

I like it. If the Emira hadn’t been announced I would be on the list for the Z. I want a new, fun to drive, manual coupe. There aren’t many to choose from.

Cljxc50

Reaction score

Cool retro looks and a manual option, unfortunately it looks like it wont be coming to the uk. :(

Schumacher

Reaction score
Gorgeous car! They nailed this design. They will pair it with a nice twin turbo. I really dig it. I think they will sell a lot of them. I would take one any day over any American sports cars. There is not a single American sports car I like. I don't count the Ford GT as I can't afford it. I owned a 300ZT-TT in college. One of my favorite cars I have owned.

jxg

Reaction score
I like the looks of the Emira much better but at 1/2 the price and about the same HP, the Z is very compelling.
I don't know if it will be compelling enough to sell my Jag F-type.
The Emira would be if the price was right.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

It's noteworthy for styling, engine and MT at a reported $40,000.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I just can’t get passed the headlights. To happy looking. It has good specs. I had a 2017 GTR and would probably go back to that before this.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I will be the minority here and say that I'm not a fan at all. Maybe I've just been looking at too many photos of the Emira, and it's an unfair comparison looks-wise, but it just doesn't work for me.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's noteworthy for styling, engine and MT at a reported $40,000.
Wow if anywhere near 40K, that is a great deal. It looks "nice" but doesn't make my heart flutter like the Emira. But if it's really only that price it's worth a strong consideration

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's on the same tall, heavy, bad balanced frame as the 15 year old car it come from :(

Get a BRZ or toyota over this, totally lotus like experience in manual transmission. 2800lbs max in limited trim

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Fabulous engine, and a brilliant evolution of the original Z cars... they really deserve all the success they get with this.

I was strongly considering it until the Emira came along. Styling-wise, there's simply no comparison.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Fabulous engine, and a brilliant evolution of the original Z cars... they really deserve all the success they get with this.

I was strongly considering it until the Emira came along. Styling-wise, there's simply no comparison.
I agree they deserve everything coming to them and all the praise. For people like us, on a Lotus forum, we would not care too much for the driving experience of a new Z. It will most likely not feel special enough in handling.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I remember the original x cars and have always had an affinity for them. I considered the new z but it didn’t quite stir the soul the same.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
in 10 years it will just be another 4k z drift car. I owned a 350z sure great freeway car for going to work.handling sucked always a rear kick out always a tire squeel sold it went back to driving miata.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
in 10 years it will just be another 4k z drift car. I owned a 350z sure great freeway car for going to work.handling sucked always a rear kick out always a tire squeel sold it went back to driving miata.

yes, i considered a 370z. then i looked in person at a ND2 MX-5 RF and was like.... uhhhh no. just no. Driving my MX-5 RF is 3x the experience and is actually a little cheaper strangely enough.

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Cool retro looks and a manual option, unfortunately it looks like it wont be coming to the uk. :(
Not even Europe :(
Sad times but the UK/European sports car market is so dominated by SUVs (and extreme emissions) that it wasnt worth them homologating the Z in the Euro zone.

Real shame as few other manual sports cars out there for a good price, I would have fancied a Z for my new daily, but now looking at the GR86 which is considerably less power but at least manual coupe....

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
You say that... 200sx go for more than mk1 Elises in UK
Personally think looking at the spec and performance it should be a performance bargain

Last edited:

Lotus-USFL

Reaction score
I have always been a huge fan of the Z car. I have been contacting my local dealers in Florida hoping to get info on the Z for over a year and its been nothing but crickets.

I went to the dealership in person this week and still the same crickets. This is supposed to be available this Spring!!! Sadly, I know this means huge Adjusted Dealer Markups are in plan for those cars arriving at the dealerships as there is no talk of any pre-orders.