• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Shift Knob Replacement

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nice shot.

Do both plastic structure "rings" below the sill fit within the height of the Alcantara side trim? Trying to figure out whether the structure here is removable using the screws visible in your photo:

20220423_lotus_carbuyer~2.jpg

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hard to tell without starting to dismantle it.

The service notes suggest it’s not straightforward and I’m afraid the standard setup doesn’t offend me enough to start down that road.

OP
Dlirium

Dlirium

Reaction score
Well, I’ve found exactly what I want to match my steering wheel and seats. It’s from Billetworkz.com. Once we figure out some of the details of the stock knob (thread pitch and lockout clearance required), I’ll chat with them and see if there is something that might fit.

Do we have instructions for removing the knob??

IMG_0381.jpeg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, I’ve found exactly what I want to match my steering wheel and seats. It’s from Billetworkz.com. Once we figure out some of the details of the stock knob (thread pitch and lockout clearance required), I’ll chat with them and see if there is something that might fit.

Do we have instructions for removing the knob??

View attachment 42463
Pictures tell the story:

PXL_20231129_221818108.jpg

PXL_20231129_221930698.jpg

The knob is under tension from the spring, so don't let it get away from you as you unscrew it.