• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Seneca Blue Lotus Emira Photo Thread

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
What exactly is a Seneca anyway? A philosopher, but I read the wiki page and he didn't seem very blue. Did they really name it after a brand of cigarettes?

View attachment 21398
OK, I'll roll with that then...

View attachment 21399

Awesome!

And FWIW, I've been associating the color with one of my favorite places in the US... Seneca Lake! Which is basically across the street from Watkins Glen International in upstate NY.

things-to-do-in-Seneca-Lake..jpg

Ontario_county_road_12_overlook_fall_7079d507-c11d-4ffc-8b8a-12daaef964ed.jpg

christophermalex

Reaction score
Ok, I'm obsessed with stripes on cars (yes even cars with a lot of dramatic curves which I have heard some folks take shots at). The Emira needs a sophisticated stripe down the center to contrast and accent the symmetry of the curves. Only question now is Ice Grey interior with Yellow Calipers OR my original leaning towards Red Leather Interior with Red Calipers?! Also critical to me here is the delete of any AWFUL license plate destroying the front lines of this car. Give me ALL the fix-it tickets in the world here in California for not having a front plate because the striping gives it a real 488 Pista look when it continues low on the nose.

Please pardon the crude PDF modifications I'm no master renderer but wanted to do this on an actual car shown for sale online.

White Interior.JPG

Red Interior.JPG

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm obsessed with stripes on cars (yes even cars with a lot of dramatic curves which I have heard some folks take shots at). The Emira needs a sophisticated stripe down the center to contrast and accent the symmetry of the curves. Only question now is Ice Grey interior with Yellow Calipers OR my original leaning towards Red Leather Interior with Red Calipers?! Also critical to me here is the delete of any AWFUL license plate destroying the front lines of this car. Give me ALL the fix-it tickets in the world here in California for not having a front plate because the striping gives it a real 488 Pista look when it continues low on the nose.

Please pardon the crude PDF modifications I'm no master renderer but wanted to do this on an actual car shown for sale online.

View attachment 21444

View attachment 21445

It'd be so cool if the front of the hood dipped down like the Pista. I always liked how the stripe almost disappears down there and comes out on the lower bumper lip.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

View attachment 21444

View attachment 21445
No to the red! Clash! Yellow and Ice blend.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great choice! There's a Seneca Emira without black pack as the demo car here in Melbourne. I must admit it does look incredibly good in person - so much that I wasn't missing the black pack at all.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok, I'm obsessed with stripes on cars (yes even cars with a lot of dramatic curves which I have heard some folks take shots at). The Emira needs a sophisticated stripe down the center to contrast and accent the symmetry of the curves.
The trick is the back end, you have to decide how to work the stripe around the LOTUS badging.
HighresScreenshot00001.png

HighresScreenshot00002.png

HighresScreenshot00003.png

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Agree about the front plate. I will NOT have my front plate on even though it's "required" by my state. Don't care how many tickets I get.

Also, what's the deal with no Seneca cars with silver wheels? I've only seen pics of maybe 3, and none of those pics provided a nice side profile shot. All I want is that side shot.
Best I can do but not a side shot. Ultimately, Seneca without upper black pack and with silver wheels, yellow calipers was the best option for me. Ice grey interior too.

Attachments

• IMG_20230124_111755711_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230124_111755711_HDR.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20230124_111811318_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230124_111811318_HDR.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20230124_111739122_HDR-2.jpg
    IMG_20230124_111739122_HDR-2.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20230124_111828317_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230124_111828317_HDR.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 205

Elisesquared

Reaction score
Best I can do but not a side shot. Ultimately, Seneca without upper black pack and with silver wheels, yellow calipers was the best option for me. Ice grey interior too.
Better than nothing, thank you! Looks great!

JonnyD72

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In your opinion, maybe, but fortunately, we all have different tastes.
Of course, that's why they offer different options. Interesting, nonetheless, to see what people actually end up ordering.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
FYI, some absolutely gorgeous and high-resolution (i.e.: 5,847 x 3,899 pixels) shots available on this used listing, for anyone interested. To get the full-resolution versions:
  • right-click any photo
  • "Open link in new tab"
  • in the URL bar, delete the ?width=2000&height=1333 portion at the end
  • hit "Enter"
  • you're welcome 😎

lotus_emira_first_edition_hilton_and_moss_41.jpg

lotus_emira_first_edition_hilton_and_moss_05.jpg

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Why does it feel like 80% of the cars that have been delivered so far are currently up for sale?

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well in the UK over 150 cars have been delivered and from the factory in total it’s about 1000 World wide. Not sure I see 80% of those numbers up for sale.