Road Driving Impressions

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the detailed reviews! This thread is once again reviving my excitement!

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The improved NVH in the Emira compared to Evora will impact the feeling of speed and acceleration.

Based on paper specs, the Emira will be a bit slower than the last Evora (power to weight) in a straight line, but I'm not so sure that will be true around the twisties due to Emira's wider track, suspension and possibly better brakes. Time will tell!
I agree with you on this.
However the Evora is old school more raw driving and definitely not for everyone.
Whereas the Emira has been developed to appeal to a wider and bigger audience and rightly so.
Forgot to mention the Emira ride height is higher than the Evora not a deal breaker but I do prefer the Evora’s lower stance looks more aggressive imo.
Was told this was done due to design and development on the Emira
For me two different cars but both great drives

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have the Evora GT. Yes I drove the Emira
Love the car. Difficult to give a compare as the drive was not that long. The interior is imo far nicer and plush.
Brakes in Emira shaper than Evora.
Was the sport suspension which was great not as harsh as the Evora so will be better as a daily driver.
Pedal spacing for me was very similar so now issues there. Clutch pedal not as heavy as the Evora
Seating comfort was again imo better than the Evora.
Steering wheel took a few minutes to get used to little to thick but really not an issue when you get used to it. I do prefer the Evora wheel.
Cannot make a comparison on the instrument cluster as they are completely different digital vs analog but thought it was great.
Think anyone getting the Emira will be more than happy with the car.
Power and acceleration Evora is better but honestly unless you are going to track the car this for me was not a big deal.
Stunningly beautiful car.
Will be keeping both the Evora and the Emira
Once I get Emira In March if no more delays will then give a detailed comparison.
Lotus of Dallas had their grand opening last night. Great launch party. There were Senior lotus people there from UK and US there. We were told production for US will definitely start in January 2023.
Can’t wait for my Emira to arrive.

EDIT. Tom (great guy)from Lotus US drove with me
All he asked was that I do not red line let me do whatever I wanted to do. So that was cool. He also let me do the route twice.
I was a little cautious on speed as there were local police in two different places on the route. However I did manage to get up to 70 mph in a couple of places but ran out of road to push harder.
May I ask how you found the seat height in the Emira compared to your Evora? For me the Sparcos in the Evora GT410 felt quite a bit too high, so I'm hoping the Emira seats adjust lower.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree with you on this.
However the Evora is old school more raw driving and definitely not for everyone.
Whereas the Emira has been developed to appeal to a wider and bigger audience and rightly so.
Forgot to mention the Emira ride height is higher than the Evora not a deal breaker but I do prefer the Evora’s lower stance looks more aggressive imo.
Was told this was done due to design and development on the Emira
For me two different cars but both great drives

Is not evora 1229mm Vs emira 1225 mm??

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
May I ask how you found the seat height in the Emira compared to your Evora? For me the Sparcos in the Evora GT410 felt quite a bit too high, so I'm hoping the Emira seats adjust lower.
I honestly did not make that comparison. did not even check if it was adjustable. Got in and it was good.
the Evora now thinking about it a little lower. Sorry i cannot give you the true answer

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m fortunate to be going for another drive in the Emira this weekend and will let you know my thoughts on the seat height compared to the Evora
Also going to try if at all possible to push the car harder through the gears. This will depend on the route. Hope it will be a little different this time.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m fortunate to be going for another drive in the Emira this weekend and will let you know my thoughts on the seat height compared to the Evora
Also going to try if at all possible to push the car harder through the gears. This will depend on the route. Hope it will be a little different this time.
Great, thanks, look forward to your comments.