Ride Height..... hence wheel gap....official answer

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is the stock ride height for the Evora GT. Evora 400 had more gap than the GT. Maybe future versions of Emira will be lower. Just speculating…

Attachments

• A742DC80-E791-497C-9ACE-F3487743AC26.png
    A742DC80-E791-497C-9ACE-F3487743AC26.png
    547.3 KB · Views: 76

Yobro24

Reaction score
The whole concept of less wheel gap equates to poor ride quality is false. You can still have suspension travel it just means the wheel fender liners are shaped to accommodate it. Porsche has figured it out... Same thing with approach angles. My 982 718 Spyder front lip looked lower and more aggressive than my 987 Spyder and 981... but had better approach angles. I was quite blown away how they designed it that way! It needs to be designed that way from the beginning and it seems Lotus didn't thus why we are getting what we are getting. It's definitely possible.
I have a 22 cayman gts. I would disagree that you can have a comfortable lower riding car. Porsche do Sport pasm for the gts as standard. It is 20mm lower than a base cayman. I went for standard pasm on my gts as a no cost option. The ride height is 10mm lower than base rather than 20mm. I tested both suspensions. The 10mm is notably softer than 20mm.

Deesan

Reaction score
Not really a photo per say, but it's a little photoshop job I did that could give you an idea or 2! The Emira will look insane once it's proper low!
Emira-side.png

Deesan

Reaction score
Save that silly tucked and bagged nonsense for a BRZ or something.
that's not tucked nor bagged. I hate bags and would never have them on any of my cars. I'm all for super stiff track coilovers with the wheel arches sitting 1mm over the tire just enough to get tire clearance to turn without rubbing!

g_l9wco

Reaction score
that's not tucked nor bagged. I hate bags and would never have them on any of my cars. I'm all for super stiff track coilovers with the wheel arches sitting 1mm over the tire just enough to get tire clearance to turn without rubbing!
FB_IMG_1662646078383.jpg

Mine will be lowered on H&R coilovers.
Sorry if this upsets anyone but in my opinion it needs a decent drop

Foxy87

Reaction score
So I didnt read the whole thread but I was annoyed about the emiras stock height as well. Talking to my Lotus dealer he dropped a few Emiras by removing some piece. He explained it to me but I dont remember what they removed exactly. He said it doesnt impact handling in any negative way (they have quite a lot of experience and track the cars very often). It drops the car about 1.5cm I think… looks way better but it sits still not as low as the press cars.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
So I didnt read the whole thread but I was annoyed about the emiras stock height as well. Talking to my Lotus dealer he dropped a few Emiras by removing some piece. He explained it to me but I dont remember what they removed exactly. He said it doesnt impact handling in any negative way (they have quite a lot of experience and track the cars very often). It drops the car about 1.5cm I think… looks way better but it sits still not as low as the press cars.

Interesting... I'd love to know exactly what they did. 🤔 Would you be willing to call for the specifics?

AndyVX

Reaction score
So I was at the lotus advance driver training day last week and had it confirmed by the instructors who train the dealers etc that there is a difference in ride height between sport and tour. Once it was pointed out to me I was able to walk around the emiras parked up around there (hundreds) and was able to see the difference. Double checked by looking at the codes on the shocks through the wheel and theyt are printed with tour or sport in the part number.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
So I was at the lotus advance driver training day last week and had it confirmed by the instructors who train the dealers etc that there is a difference in ride height between sport and tour. Once it was pointed out to me I was able to walk around the emiras parked up around there (hundreds) and was able to see the difference. Double checked by looking at the codes on the shocks through the wheel and theyt are printed with tour or sport in the part number.

You're the second person to confirm this on the forum, so I think it's safe to say there is a difference in ride height. Glad I ordered sports. 👍

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
looks is one thing handling is another.
Exige looks perfect but if you have a loose filling it will fall out after 300 yards.
Loti have always had loads of travel. My esprit is stock but looks a bit high.

Surely we can all agree that very few folk have the experience skill or knowledge to lower the car and maintain the handling as the factory intended??

Vanity or performance? Is both possible with an Emira? Speed bumps awkward approach angles, ferries etc.

Esprit pisses over everything including mid lane speed bumps and is a nicer thing to drive as a result.

Just throwing it out there im not an expert (although I have done a heck of a lot of miles in Loti)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Watch Harry's video number 5 of his trip in his Emira, where he talks about how perfect the factory ride height is to avoid bottoming out on speed bumps or scraping the front on driveways going into and out of places like hotels, etc. He even shows a short video segment of him pulling out of a hotel driveway onto the street, and you can see how it looks like the front almost scrapes but just clears. It's at the 13:47 point:

Visually you may like the looks, but practically in real world driving you wouldn't like the sound of the front end crunching or the underside bottoming and scrapping over a speed bump. It's your car so you can do what you want with it, but it looks like some thought was put into the factory ride height, and the chassis has been tuned accordingly. I've modded many cars over the years, and it gets real easy to do something you think is going to be cool or look great, and you quickly realize you've just messed up the ride or usability of the car. If I do anything to my Emira, it's only going to be after I've carefully thought it out, and after I've passed the wear-in mark so I can drive it fully broken in. I may not want to do anything to it at all.