Review embargo

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
+1 I cringed when I saw the bugs and marks on the show car.
yeh you would think you'd have a rag and a bottle of water with you, do what you can.... or get up earlier and find a xxxxx car wash I think they have them in France too ;)

ADC

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here's something to keep folks occupied until the reviews come out!

"Get that goddam text out of the way of the car!!"
"WTF is this music?!?"
"OMG, wash your car you monster!!"
All completely redeemed by giving a big rev towards the end 🎵 😍

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
What do we realistically expect apart from "Drives like a Lotus should" and "Killer looks"? Nice to see decent pictures of cars, but still not production level, so fit and finish still come with caveats...

Most of the reviewers are just looking for channel content for ££. TG is an entertainment show only. Which testers had 2 different cars for comparison? - Sports vs Touring anyone? I bet none.
I kind of have to agree with this.

Until we get actual production-ready spec cars..........what's the point? We've already seen all the prototype reviews already.

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Until we get actual production-ready spec cars..........what's the point? We've already seen all the prototype reviews already.
And those of us with early reservations will likely take delivery before any production spec car reviews are released.

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Well, for one they're not prototypes but pre production ... big difference. Second you'll get people that have actually paid for a car so will review it on that basis. Any reviewer that gets paid for a review doesn't last long

vision

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well, for one they're not prototypes but pre production ... big difference. Second you'll get people that have actually paid for a car so will review it on that basis. Any reviewer that gets paid for a review doesn't last long
I agree with that, Im interested in reviews but ultimately its a bit late as its coming to a single garage near me soon

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I would like to get some head to head driving comparisons with the primary competition. Not on an airfield doing straight line quarter mile tests (boring!) but on real-world roads in real-world conditions.

I also hope they took the opportunity to pin down Lotus on questions like:
  • "Will we see extended manufacturer warranty someday?",
  • "What are you doing about parts availability and expanding dealer networks?",
  • "Are price rises coming / inevitable?",
  • "After all the comms about Emira's new ADAS features, why are basic ADAS features like blindspot assist missing in the FE when they're standard on a Kia? Was it too hard to steal that from Volvo or Lynk & Co?",
  • "Why did you de-tune the V6 from 416 HP?",
  • "What are you doing to improve customer comms and engagement?",
  • "Why haven't you published real-world colour and interior photos by now?",
  • "Why are detailed specs for things like Sports vs Touring suspension setups not being shared with customers?"
  • <insert long list here>
I agree with the sentiment but sadly none of these questions are usually addressed in a car review. An interview with someone from Lotus alongside a review might, but I suspect that would be based around PR spin and talking about the future, rather than challenging questions to Lotus about the car and buying process.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So we can expect reviews to go live today at 4 PM Pacific Standard Time (12 AM BST)?

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm up at 4am anyways :D

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It's funny, they just celebrated the platinum anniversary of Queen Elizabeth, who has been the reigning monarch my entire life and I'm 70. I believe that length of reign is unparalleled in history, not only for England, but for any monarch ever. No one in recorded history has ever reigned that long. I missed watching it, and read snippets of it in the press.

I'm going to be up at the crack of dawn with coffee mug in hand, ready for the lifting of the embargo for the Emira.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You're right, a record-breaking reign. It was a great celebration over the weekend. Regardless of whether you support the monarchy or not, she's done an amazing job over the last 70 years and been a great role model.

In line with the theme of our forum, I'm pleased to confirm several Lotus cars formed part of the motoring pageant at Windsor (with a car from every year of those 70 taking part) and in the parade on Sunday, including a certain white Esprit and one of the Lotus bikes.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
EVO just came through my letter box. Off for a coffee and a good read :)
20220607_092613.jpg