Rear view display

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Was just behind a Vette and it had that digital rear view mirror. Video camera input. Pretty nifty.

Guessing that is mainly due to the rear window size and it’s uselessness for the most part.

Aftermarket or option? Emira option?

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Was just behind a Vette and it had that digital rear view mirror. Video camera input. Pretty nifty.

Guessing that is mainly due to the rear window size and it’s uselessness for the most part.

Aftermarket or option? Emira option?
Not sure I'm a fan, but then, I've only ever seen them on stationary cars, never driven with one.
Think I still prefer a Lotus with added lightness.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have it on my C8. I never turn on the camera mode unless visibility is poor or I am merging into a blind spot.

Keeping the camera on constantly as your rear view mirror is not for everyone ( and me) because you are looking at a screen with pixels that stains the eye vs the real mirror.

But so helpful when needed.

fishman76092

Reaction score
I had it in a CTS-V and hated it. It’s an odd sensation but the focus your eyes do in a side or rear view mirror is different than in the rear view camera screen. I’ve had a number of mid-engine/poor visibility cars and I rarely use the rear mirror in anything ‘m driving - I’m always looking in the side mirrors.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Evora side mirrors do a good job of seeing over the rear haunches and so give quite a lot of rearward visibility. I imagine the Emira mirrors will do similar. You'll also have an evocative view of the curves and rear intakes.

car_photo_328915.jpg

OP
TXEMIRA

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The Evora side mirrors do a good job of seeing over the rear haunches and so give quite a lot of rearward visibility. I imagine the Emira mirrors will do similar. You'll also have an evocative view of the curves and rear intakes.

car_photo_328915.jpg
Yeah I’ve noticed that on my Evora. I set them so I can see most of what I’d get from the rear view and yeah, those curves… :)

Can’t wait to see the comparison pic in the Emira flight deck!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah I’ve noticed that on my Evora. I set them so I can see most of what I’d get from the rear view and yeah, those curves… :)

Can’t wait to see the comparison pic in the Emira flight deck!
Do you really want to be checking out the cars you've passed, in favor of the road ahead?

OP
TXEMIRA

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just realized I like the regular rearview mirror because it allows me to see the engine at work and I believe also the transmission at work if I’m not mistaken.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just realized I like the regular rearview mirror because it allows me to see the engine at work and I believe also the transmission at work if I’m not mistaken.
You can see the throttle linkage of the V6 in the engine bay through the rear screen in the Emira. Transmission has the exposed linkage in the cockpit under the manual shifter.