V6 Supercharger Reference Guide

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey All,

After spending some time searching existing posts for the following info, I'm hoping the moderators would consider pinning a 'sticky' topic within the "Supercharged 3.5L" forum category that gathers detailed specs and references for the V6 supercharger.

--------------------------------
"It's an Eaton R1740 compressor section in an Edelbrock housing made specifically for Lotus. The R1740 is a roots style with 4 lobes, 160deg twist." (Thanks @Porter)
Eaton TVS R1740
Main Eaton TVS Page
- Although some folks have also referenced "1750" when quoting from Emira promotional material...?

Here is a video showing assembly of what appears to be a similar (probably non-Lotus spec) Eaton/Intercooled unit from Edelbrock.
- Nice to see how the intercoolers fit in (similar to Audi 3.0L setup).
- Also nice to see where the bypass valve is, and maybe (just maybe), people will stop calling the bypass valve actuator the "throttle linkage" :cautious:
Assembling an Edelbrock Supercharger

Edelbrock housing part number or kit number (for parts reference)?

Is this Edelbrock kit identical to an Evora implementation?
- If so, which Evora(s)?

Any Evora-based DIY links for upper cover or entire SC removal/reinstallation?

B&C supercharge parts catalogue
(Thanks @Rudi)

Thread for Painting the supercharger cover

Part numbers for cover and gasket: (thanks @Time2Fly )
Cover 8891348489
Gasket A132E0169F

Upper cover bolt type?
- Torque specs for the cover bolts should be 10nM (thanks @VL3X)

Gasket/seal part number for housing to manifold?

Housing-to-manifold bolt type?
-torque spec?

Supercharger Oil specification?

Eaton/Edelbrock/Lotus recommended oil change interval?

Oil plug part number?
- torque spec?

Is this unit vacuum or electrically controled for the bypass valve?
- I'm guessing vacuum, since the actuator appears to have a chamber (bean pot) similar to the Edelbrock assembly video above

Is there a position sensor on the bypass valve? If so, is there a code reader / diagnostic tool that allows viewing or logging of the bypass valve position?

Stock pulley sizes?

Stock SC belt part number?

More supercharger stuff, just for fun:
Engineering Explained - Supercharger Type Comparison
Eaton TVS animation with a very different bypass and intercooler setup
FCP Euro SC oil change on an Eaton
---------------------------------

I'll continue searching and updating as I find details, but please post any replies with specs and references if you have them on-hand, and I will incorporate the data in the main post.

Last edited by a moderator:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Torque specs for the cover bolts should be 10nM (same as the oil pan bolts).

Here's a shot with the supercharger and charge cooler with the cover removed:

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 3.22.19 PM.png

Rudi

Reaction score
Ich war auf der Suche nach einem Ersatzteil für die Abdeckung des Kompressors und habe dieses hier ... Nur ohne V6-Emblem gefunden

Ich hoffe, Emira hat die gleiche Größe wie das Exige-Cover ...

Ersatzteilnummer für Dichtung und Abdeckung im Link

EXIGE-ABDECKUNG

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
@VL3X , No edit button on the initial posting any more, but wanted to add the following:

Thread for Painting the supercharger cover

Part numbers for cover and gasket: (thanks @Time2Fly )
Cover 8891348489
Gasket A132E0169F

Hm, you should still be able to edit your post... Not sure why the button isn't showing for you. I went ahead and added this info to the first post.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
DIY painting of supercharger cover.........
Back in 2021, I did the same thing myself with my new Evora GT 410 Sport IPS...it was relatively easy but probably a bit of work........as I said at temperatures of 60-70 degrees C. it holds up shrink varnish and clear varnish top layer flawless.......I've already driven several thousand miles on it......as nice as it was a few years ago. (See report below)
By the way, the old / black cover does not have a clear varnish coating, which means that the exposed aluminum "LOTUS" oxidizes over time......the new red shrink varnish lid is protected forever.
Tip: You can easily reuse the compressor lid gasket as it seals completely again.

Previous Black wrinkle paint cover
1697997632033-png.1351903

Red wrinkle paint sprayed cover
1697997723367-png.1351905

IMG-20210430-150157.jpg

1) Took off the cover ......the steel / plastic gasket can be reused conform the Lotus importer.
2) Sanded the (black) cover slightly between the LOTUS trade mark and the rest of the cover with a kind of "scotch-brite" sanding pad
3) Cleaning with brake cleaner fluid
4) Several layers with red wrinkle paint VHT SP 204......also over the Lotus trade mark
5) Baked in kitchen oven 1 hr at 110 degr. C.
6) Carefully scraped off the still soft paint off the Lotus trade mark with a kind of wide Stanley knife blade; works asthonishingly easy and clean, without scrapes.
7) Sanded / polished the blank aluminium with min. 400 grit paper on flat block sanding hand tool
8) Several layers of 2 component (2K) matt clear coat.......the Lotus alu trade mark now is covered against corrosion and the entire cover better against moisture; wrinkle effect remains.
PAINTS:
* ) VHT Wrinkle Plus™ Coatings -- High Heat Coatings
* ) Eastwood 2K Aerospray Clear Coat Matte & High-Gloss (MATTE FINISH !) (for USA; for Europe VHT)

73JPS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
- Also nice to see where the bypass valve is, and maybe (just maybe), people will stop calling the bypass valve actuator the "throttle linkage" :cautious:
Hope springs eternal, however recent “data“ suggests nobody is getting the message 🙄