Real 0-60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The advertised 0-60 of 4.3 is exactly accurate if multiple reports have confirmed 4.4-4.5. Can't wait for the uproar when C&D achieves 4.0.

The Emira has no peer on the market and as a result the haters are lashing out to pacify and justify themselves. You're doing something right when haters can't get you out off of their minds.

0-60 will feel like 6 seconds to people who can't drive.
😂 agree “people who can’t drive “
Love it.
Even if it’s 5.5 on a track that means nothing. Emira is not a drag racer.

meccanisti

Reaction score
Someone posted a GPS image with 0-100kph with 4.5s achieved. Seeing as 100kph is 62mph 4.3 seems more likely to 60. Which seems near enough the mark.

I can't think why the op thinks it's a 6 second car. What youtube evidence? It really isn't, or the car he drove was broken.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You can listen to Internet heresay if you like but there's plenty of uk owners now, me included with a large performance car background , 45 cars, ferrari, AMG, Mcar, 15 of them porsches, last one gt4, telling you there littleralll nothing to be disappointed in with the performance, its bang on point for its price and target.

Just like all those other little things that had pages and pages devoted to them pre launch that turned out to be complete non issues

Caveat - The American culture that seems to lean way more to ¼mile times than the UK may effect how the car is viewed in the US
I appreciate your motor history. As an American enthusiast, my preference isn’t drag strip or lap times but that feeling you get when you floor it out of the blue. Not the smack your head back like some older Ferrari’s would do; just a good old fashioned skip a breath and put a smile on the pretty lady next to me. How does the Emira hold up to that. My experiences with a 570s were pretty much bang on. I realize this isn’t a McLaren.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The advertised 0-60 of 4.3 is exactly accurate if multiple reports have confirmed 4.4-4.5. Can't wait for the uproar when C&D achieves 4.0.

The Emira has no peer on the market and as a result the haters are lashing out to pacify and justify themselves. You're doing something right when haters can't get you out off of their minds.

0-60 will feel like 6 seconds to people who can't drive.
I suspect the auto on the V6 will get close to advertised and the i4 will slightly surpass. Just a guess but I’d expect as much from any auto maker, including Geely.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
After driving the Emira, I canceled my order.
0-60 is not 4.3" as advertised.
Its at 6 seconds. The car is extremely slow. The reason Lotus is not allowing 0-60 tests.
People are dissapointed thinking 4.3" but in reality its 6.0".
There are a couple of 0-60s on youtube performed by racing drivers who had to try multiple times because they were getting 6 seconds times.
A golf gti can smoke that toyota camry!
I am not trolling here. I was going to buy one and I feel fooled giving a deposit Lotus made money from the interest, believing in false specs.
If you want one, try to drive it first. The supercharger feeling is non existing. Its like a heavy v6 sedan...
Which dealer were you with? Mine in TX wouldn’t allow us to put the car through its paces like that. I was only offered a drive around the back roads of the complex; 35 mph I think but i did 45 and took corners at speed. That was definitely allowed.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
When I test drove the Emira it took 8.1 seconds 0 to 60
I’m wondering if that’s because I started in 5 gear.
Seriously enough already don’t buy the damn car if 0 - 60 is the most important thing for you.
I think a lot folks, myself included, use the 0-60 time to gauge how the acceleration feels when you floor it. Not necessarily some traffic light tough guy but going 35 and just punch it, like Chewbacca.

KAR120C

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The OP joined the forum yesterday, made their first and only post within 11 minutes and hasn't visited the forum again since. Draw your own conclusions.
So I shouldn't expect links to the "racing drivers on Youtube only hitting 6 seconds" to be provided by the OP? Darn, that's a completely unexpected development. :rolleyes:

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I appreciate your motor history. As an American enthusiast, my preference isn’t drag strip or lap times but that feeling you get when you floor it out of the blue. Not the smack your head back like some older Ferrari’s would do; just a good old fashioned skip a breath and put a smile on the pretty lady next to me. How does the Emira hold up to that. My experiences with a 570s were pretty much bang on. I realize this isn’t a McLaren.
No It's not going to give that next snap a 570 gives, another 50bhp wouldn't change that. It's on a par with a gt4 for pick up as you'd expect. So say coming out of a 2nd gear corner on it at say 4k and flooring it it feels strong,, traction is immense so it hooks up instantly the super charger gets manic and adds to the sensation and my mate in front in his 500bhp awd m3 mill barely pull 1/2 a car length before the next bend. I'm sure if the straights started allowing for 100mph plus it would continue to pull away. My mate with his 992cC2S will drop off the back if it's twisty (that's more about him not having enough confidence in it than the cars ability I suspect and its his first proper quick car)

kitkat

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
my mate in front in his 500bhp awd m3 mill barely pull 1/2 a car length before the next bend
Must have been a short straight to the next bend. I’m under no disillusion that the BMW G8x 100-200kph (7.94s) is more than 4 seconds faster than the Emira’s (12.1s) and the 718 GT4 (8.6s) is not too far off from the G8x. The 100-200kph are not really prone to error like 0-100kph times since there aren’t really traction issues.

The Emira is just a very low performer in this regard. A slow and deliberate gearbox mated with an older v6. The only dynos we’ve seen show 353whp (komo), 337whp (litchfield), 308whp (Italian tuner shop). G8x completions are dynoing around 470-475whp.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Must have been a short straight to the next bend. I’m under no disillusion that the BMW G8x 100-200kph (7.94s) is more than 4 seconds faster than the Emira’s (12.1s) and the 718 GT4 (8.6s) is not too far off from the G8x. The 100-200kph are not really prone to error like 0-100kph times since there aren’t really traction issues.

The Emira is just a very low performer in this regard. A slow and deliberate gearbox mated with an older v6. The only dynos we’ve seen show 353whp (komo), 337whp (litchfield), 308whp (Italian tuner shop). G8x completions are dynoing around 470-475whp.
But the G8X looks quickly erase any performance gains. It's simply grotesque and I don't think it will "grow on me", ever.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
No It's not going to give that next snap a 570 gives, another 50bhp wouldn't change that. It's on a par with a gt4 for pick up as you'd expect. So say coming out of a 2nd gear corner on it at say 4k and flooring it it feels strong,, traction is immense so it hooks up instantly the super charger gets manic and adds to the sensation and my mate in front in his 500bhp awd m3 mill barely pull 1/2 a car length before the next bend. I'm sure if the straights started allowing for 100mph plus it would continue to pull away. My mate with his 992cC2S will drop off the back if it's twisty (that's more about him not having enough confidence in it than the cars ability I suspect and its his first proper quick car)
Interesting. Many posters describe the driving experience as “plenty fun” or something similar. That would seem to indicate some g’s pushing you into your seat when you hit the gas. Shouldn’t have to be cornering to experience the joy of revving the the engine at 35mph and blasting off to 75mph. If what you are saying is the Emira and the GT4 don’t offer that (haven’t driven the GT4), then I’m more than surprised.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

300plus kgs up as well i imagine.
Short straights and twisty roads yes but real world experience, might look different on a runway 🤷🏻

I'm telling you my experience is the emira outperforms it's numbers. We did this run in the wet and I had no issues keeping up

Last edited:

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
300plus kgs up as well i imagine.
Short straights and twisty roads yes but real world experience, might look different on a runway 🤷🏻

I'm telling you my experience is the emira outperforms it's numbers. We did this run in the wet and I had no issues keeping up

The vette and Porsche can su*k it, but if you’re saying you could run with with that 488 then damn!! But how then can you say it doesn’t hit the acceleration hard??

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I had a test drive in an Emira V6 MT (still running in). Also tested the new Eletre (circa 4.5s to 60 I believe). My daily is a Model 3 performance.

To me the Emira felt every bit as fast as the Eletre, despite not having all the revs available. The Emira is not as fast as the Model 3 Performance, but it’s not a slow car. Ample performance to have some fun.

Attachments

• IMG_3577.jpeg
    IMG_3577.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 33

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Yep. My F87 M2CS is much faster than the Emira. That S55 engine is addictive admittedly but I am getting the Emira as a faster Miata with emotional styling. It's a momentum, more visceral handling car. I just drove a manual G80 M3 hard in the mountains in the San Francisco Bay area. It felt so heavy and big and a little soft compared to my M2CS. For canyons and back roads, I would take Emira everyday over the new M3. For track,M2CS even if the G80 M3 is technically faster on big power circuits. What is not mentioned is that the gearing is longer and the engine tune is more linear on the new M3 so it can feel underpowered at slow speeds coming out of corners and it takes more to get into the power band, particularly with manual. ECT a different story.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The vette and Porsche can su*k it, but if you’re saying you could run with with that 488 then damn!! But how then can you say it doesn’t hit the acceleration hard??
It was "interesting" watching the vette but fair play to the guy he could seriously pedal! I'm not sure the suspension was stock/standard but didn't get chance to ask him.

Status
Not open for further replies.